First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christmas at last

El Dorado, AR

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Christmas lights are up around downtown, which in El Dorado can only mean one thing - it's almost Halloween. Why in the world does Mayor Hash put up the lights so early? Makes us look like a bunch a hicks!!!
Redneck

El Dorado, AR

#2 Oct 25, 2012
Christmas at last wrote:
Christmas lights are up around downtown, which in El Dorado can only mean one thing - it's almost Halloween. Why in the world does Mayor Hash put up the lights so early? Makes us look like a bunch a hicks!!!
In your case that would be a HomoHick. Merry fking Christmas.

Since: Aug 11

Stuttgart, AR

#3 Oct 25, 2012
saw them this morning and thought why can' we just wait until at least november. .they keep pushing christmas on us earlier and earlier. .
Rumors_Hurt_Ever yone

Woodbury, CT

#4 Oct 25, 2012
If you can remember back far enough,the Christmas lights have been put up this early for years, long before Hash was Mayor, Dumas did it Bobby beard did it, so dont blame it on Hash. I'm sure the Festival's and Event's had a say in it.
just the bill alone

El Dorado, AR

#5 Oct 25, 2012
for the electricty alone would pay city christmas bonuses but by god we gonna have poinsettas blinking at us while we trick or treat! bet that that!
me

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2012
Get over it christmas lights are cool "Alley smoker for life"
Christmas at last

El Dorado, AR

#7 Oct 25, 2012
Rumors_Hurt_Everyone wrote:
If you can remember back far enough,the Christmas lights have been put up this early for years, long before Hash was Mayor, Dumas did it Bobby beard did it, so dont blame it on Hash. I'm sure the Festival's and Event's had a say in it.
Uh...so Hash has to do something just because Beard did it? That's ridiculous. But not quite as ridiculous as you passing this off as a long-time tradition, and in the same breath blaming it on Festivals and Events, who just got created last year.

Point is Hash is the Mayor. He can work to make sure we're a respected city. Or he can pull crap stunts like this.
actually

Atlanta, TX

#8 Oct 25, 2012
Christmas at last wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...so Hash has to do something just because Beard did it? That's ridiculous. But not quite as ridiculous as you passing this off as a long-time tradition, and in the same breath blaming it on Festivals and Events, who just got created last year.
Point is Hash is the Mayor. He can work to make sure we're a respected city. Or he can pull crap stunts like this.
They HAVE to put them up before the potential for inclement weather. Just a common courtesy/convenience to our city workers for actually putting lights up. Anybody with a small shred of common sense should see this. Why not express your gratitude to our city employees for putting up the lights??? I know why. It's hard for you to be appreciative when you are so miserable.
really now

United States

#9 Oct 25, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
They HAVE to put them up before the potential for inclement weather. Just a common courtesy/convenience to our city workers for actually putting lights up. Anybody with a small shred of common sense should see this. Why not express your gratitude to our city employees for putting up the lights??? I know why. It's hard for you to be appreciative when you are so miserable.
You're absolutley right! That's why every city in the country already has their Christmas lights up. Oh wait, they don't!
yeah

El Dorado, AR

#10 Oct 25, 2012
Lol I can't believe you people are bitching about Christmas lights being up already. I guess it's a blessing there's not something more important going on in your lives that could be bitched about.
actually

Atlanta, TX

#11 Oct 25, 2012
really now wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutley right! That's why every city in the country already has their Christmas lights up. Oh wait, they don't!
You should get out of town more. Many other cities are also putting lights up. I can't speak for every city in the country, and neither can you. So, grow out of your childish ignorance.
cancelled

El Dorado, AR

#12 Oct 25, 2012
They're putting up the lights because they have to do something to make up for cancelling the parade.
parade is on

Atlanta, TX

#13 Oct 26, 2012
cancelled wrote:
They're putting up the lights because they have to do something to make up for cancelling the parade.
The city workers do not and never had the power to cancel the parade. It is set for December 6.
Kelly Jo

Haslet, TX

#14 Oct 26, 2012
If it bothers you so much, just don't go down there

Stuttgart, AR

#15 Oct 26, 2012
WOW... we aren't bitching, taking it to any other level than "wishing" ANY christmas decor in ANY store, town, anywhere, etc.. could go up a lil later, at least until after halloween.. because it doesn't make any sense to do it this far out.. that's all.. Christmas is already a HUGE event that is shoved down our throats, just put it off a lil bit that's all.
yeah

United States

#16 Oct 26, 2012
playing along wrote:
WOW... we aren't bitching, taking it to any other level than "wishing" ANY christmas decor in ANY store, town, anywhere, etc.. could go up a lil later, at least until after halloween.. because it doesn't make any sense to do it this far out.. that's all.. Christmas is already a HUGE event that is shoved down our throats, just put it off a lil bit that's all.
Grinch.

Stuttgart, AR

#17 Oct 26, 2012
nope. . not at all
Prez O

United States

#18 Oct 26, 2012
playing along wrote:
nope.. not at all
If you hate Christmas so much, move to Iran.
Question

El Dorado, AR

#19 Oct 26, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
This logic is ridiculous. I guess if someone complains about John L Smith, they should instead be showing gratitude for the effort put forth by the players?
actually

United States

#20 Oct 26, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
This logic is ridiculous. I guess if someone complains about John L Smith, they should instead be showing gratitude for the effort put forth by the players?
By your lack of comprehension, it is evident why you'd never be elected. But Obama was, along with his inexperience, so I guess you feel you have "knowledge" to add, no matter how cynical the subject may be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MCSA Brad's Wife 13 min Brad 1
Crazy Blair is back in town and in jail 35 min Dumb bitch blaire 10
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 48 min Soozy 34,509
B Mitchell divorce 2 hr bcbc 8
Peanut Thai stir fry 2 hr Mahatma 2
News Southern Bancorp Plans To Raise $20M 2 hr Rikishi 9
Cold beer and hot girls 3 hr Redneck 29
Home wreckers 11 hr Kerri 29

El Dorado Jobs

More from around the web