wondering

Euless, TX

#1 Oct 17, 2012
I heard today that Lion Oil was shutting the doors as of June 1 2013. Anybody else heard that.
All The Same

El Dorado, AR

#2 Oct 17, 2012
The idiotHomo. Talk to yourself now fool.
wondering

Euless, TX

#3 Oct 17, 2012
You sound like the idiot brother. I just asked a simple question to what I heard today. No wonder ppl don't get on here anymore with ppl like.
chuckem

El Dorado, AR

#4 Oct 17, 2012
He can get chucked for being a JOI.
the weatherman

El Dorado, AR

#5 Oct 17, 2012
wondering wrote:
I heard today that Lion Oil was shutting the doors as of June 1 2013. Anybody else heard that.
The sky is falling too. 50% chance tonight.
info

El Dorado, AR

#6 Oct 17, 2012
I've not heard anything about it, but if you hear anything else please let us know. Eldo can't take that kind of job lose
tea drinker

El Dorado, AR

#7 Oct 17, 2012
wondering wrote:
Stop drinking the KoolAid. Your mind has become mush from it and it appears that you will believe anything you here. Stop trying to create a story!
read a little

Little Rock, AR

#8 Oct 17, 2012
They are not closing, spinning off yes.

www.argusmedia.com/News/Article... ...

Why start post to freak people out do your research before posting
what

El Dorado, AR

#9 Oct 17, 2012
So they are spinning off to Houston just like Murphy USA?
Get it right

Euless, TX

#12 Oct 22, 2012
what wrote:
So they are spinning off to Houston just like Murphy USA?
Murphy is not spinning off to Houston. So you even know what a spin off is? Try looking it up. Murphy and Murphy USA will remain headquartered in El Dorado. That is a fact.
really

El Dorado, AR

#13 Oct 22, 2012
Get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
Murphy is not spinning off to Houston. So you even know what a spin off is? Try looking it up. Murphy and Murphy USA will remain headquartered in El Dorado. That is a fact.
Maybe for the time being. Do you really think Murphy USA will stick around here for the long run? Only reason it's been here this long is because of Peach Street. Now it has no real reason to stay here. Why do you think they are always looking for help outside of El Dorado when there are competent people here to fill the positions.
Find Out Facts

El Dorado, AR

#14 Oct 30, 2012
Lion Oil will not be shutting down.
get informed

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe for the time being. Do you really think Murphy USA will stick around here for the long run? Only reason it's been here this long is because of Peach Street. Now it has no real reason to stay here. Why do you think they are always looking for help outside of El Dorado when there are competent people here to fill the positions.
Because there isn't competent people here to fill vacancies. That Is why they have to outsouce. Murphy USA actually hires more from within the county than Murphy Oil does, so that just kills your assumption. Murphy USA will stay here for the "long run," and I have more reasons as to why they will stay than you have excuses as to why they'd leave: the Murphy Foundation.
Anonymous

Euless, TX

#16 Oct 30, 2012
LION OIL Isn't shutting the doors! You have heard false INFO!! They have a shut down in 2013 that means more MONEY!!!
haha

El Dorado, AR

#17 Oct 30, 2012
get informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there isn't competent people here to fill vacancies. That Is why they have to outsouce. Murphy USA actually hires more from within the county than Murphy Oil does, so that just kills your assumption. Murphy USA will stay here for the "long run," and I have more reasons as to why they will stay than you have excuses as to why they'd leave: the Murphy Foundation.
Many would disagree with you. But no one really cares about whether they stay or leave. Murphy has already left it's scars on El Dorado. They were once the most sought place for employment. Now they're last place to go to. Everyone around here knows that.
get informed

Grand Prairie, TX

#19 Oct 30, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Many would disagree with you. But no one really cares about whether they stay or leave. Murphy has already left it's scars on El Dorado. They were once the most sought place for employment. Now they're last place to go to. Everyone around here knows that.
And many informed people would agree with me. People do care whether Murphy stays or leaves. It has benefited the city of El Dorado. No scars, unless personal trudged. It is a highly sought out place for employment. Everyone around here knows that.
Get a clue

Kountze, TX

#20 Nov 2, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many individuals in El Dorado that care if they stay or leave, you sound like someone that was either fired or denied a job there. Yes, they may have their faults, but being the LAST place people go for employment is far from the truth. They demand educated individuals, therefore they have to hire out of Union county for employment at times. Is hiring outside of El Dorado really that bad; at least they are bringing new families to a town with a dying population. You have shown your ignorance in this post, i suggest that you leave this topic alone :-) And FYI, i do not, nor have ever worked for Murphy Oil; but i am intelligent enough to know that if Murphy was to leave our community it would impact El Dorado in a negative way... because despite what you believe, a large population from El Dorado and the surrounding communities work there! Please, don't speak for "everyone around here"!!
you are not informed

El Dorado, AR

#21 Nov 2, 2012
get informed wrote:
<quoted text>
And many informed people would agree with me. People do care whether Murphy stays or leaves. It has benefited the city of El Dorado. No scars, unless personal trudged. It is a highly sought out place for employment. Everyone around here knows that.
I don't know who you talk to, but everyone I talk to around this area says that's the last place you want to get a job. Even many of the current employees say that.
you are not informed

El Dorado, AR

#22 Nov 2, 2012
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many individuals in El Dorado that care if they stay or leave, you sound like someone that was either fired or denied a job there. Yes, they may have their faults, but being the LAST place people go for employment is far from the truth. They demand educated individuals, therefore they have to hire out of Union county for employment at times. Is hiring outside of El Dorado really that bad; at least they are bringing new families to a town with a dying population. You have shown your ignorance in this post, i suggest that you leave this topic alone :-) And FYI, i do not, nor have ever worked for Murphy Oil; but i am intelligent enough to know that if Murphy was to leave our community it would impact El Dorado in a negative way... because despite what you believe, a large population from El Dorado and the surrounding communities work there! Please, don't speak for "everyone around here"!!
I don't have to speak for everyone around here. Everyone around here tells me that's the last place you want to work. Even current employees there. I don't know how I would be showing any ignorance when all I'm stating is what everyone else is saying. Sounds like you are the one being ignorant. Are you even from this area? I've lived here most of my life and it's sad how almost everyone talks down about Murphy now.
YOU are not informed

United States

#23 Nov 3, 2012
you are not informed wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you talk to, but everyone I talk to around this area says that's the last place you want to get a job. Even many of the current employees say that.
You must not be talking to educated people. Everyone that I talk to either enjoy working there or are thankful to them for what they have done for El Dorado. No, even many of the current employees don't agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Dorado Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Probation (Oct '08) 3 hr curious 4
Lindsey (green light) Lewis (Mar '12) 3 hr curious 47
Juice Bruce 3 hr curious 5
Early voting begins this week on extending El D... 4 hr No Way 2
Beware /keith winer - 5 hr betterthenu 88
duck lover smells like poots (Oct '14) 6 hr her security 19
Allison- bartender at Marilyn's 6 hr her security 38
More from around the web

El Dorado People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE