Three dead after crash involving grou...

Three dead after crash involving group home residents in Pa.

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Three dead after crash involving group home residents in Pa.. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A coroner says at least three people are dead after a tractor-trailer collided with a van carrying people from a group home for the mentally disabled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“You call THIS civilization??”

Since: Mar 07

Orefield, PA

#2 Apr 24, 2008
Praying for these poor people...
OMG

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Apr 24, 2008
anymore details??????
Too sad

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 24, 2008
How sad for the poor people in this crash.
To Mike

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Apr 24, 2008
About Triple K (such a nice name)and Winston: They're not what you called them. I'm what you called them and we have a hell of a lot more empathy than those two losers. Most of us, anyway.
snowman chapman PA

Allentown, PA

#8 Apr 24, 2008
A bad day, let's all pray.
just some thoughts

Red Hill, PA

#10 Apr 24, 2008
Winston wrote:
I guess the driver was retarded.
that's a very cruel remark!
PrdMomof2

United States

#13 Apr 24, 2008
Thats just so sad. I know I will be praying.
And to those above who have made "retarded" comments, I hope you never have to walk a mile in the shoes of a loved one who has someone close to them with a disability.
Gene Pool Lifeguard

Walnutport, PA

#14 Apr 24, 2008
Winston wrote:
I guess the driver was retarded.
If I could get my hands on you, you would now and forever be mentally disabled.
how sad

Emmaus, PA

#15 Apr 24, 2008
For eveyone's general information, the word "retard" is completely offensive and basically not used anymore, out of simple respect for human beings. The term "person with a disability" is generally used with it's person first identification. On top of that, no one knows what really happenned with the driver or the van's occupants. Please, have some basic respect or keep your simple-minded thoughts to yourself. God bless all of those involved in this horrible tragedy. Just thank God it wasn't you or your loved one involved.
how sad

Emmaus, PA

#16 Apr 24, 2008
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, real nice. Bet your Mother would be proud.
You are so right. But I doubt this person's mother ever bothered to teach manners.
Oh Geez

AOL

#17 Apr 24, 2008
how sad wrote:
For eveyone's general information, the word "retard" is completely offensive and basically not used anymore, out of simple respect for human beings. The term "person with a disability" is generally used with it's person first identification. On top of that, no one knows what really happenned with the driver or the van's occupants. Please, have some basic respect or keep your simple-minded thoughts to yourself. God bless all of those involved in this horrible tragedy. Just thank God it wasn't you or your loved one involved.
People today can't say anything anymore without offending SOMEONE. The word "retard" is actually a legitimate word & not a slur nor is it name calling. It's a legitimate medical term but some ancy anxious namby pamby bleeding heart decided at some point that they were offended therefore everyone else had to live by their ideals. For God's sake, why don't we all just stop talking so we don't have to worry about offending someone. Probably the same people who are offended by Christmas displays, weirdos.
Oh Geez

AOL

#18 Apr 24, 2008
PrdMomof2 wrote:
Thats just so sad. I know I will be praying.
And to those above who have made "retarded" comments, I hope you never have to walk a mile in the shoes of a loved one who has someone close to them with a disability.
The average intelligent individual does not go around calling someone that word with malicious intent, it's the way it is used is where the problem lies. If I go & say "you're such a retard", or, "you're so retarded dude", then it would be wrong & probably taken as offensive. If, however, I were to say, "that boy who is slow was found to be retarded" or "that boy who is slow was found to be mentally retarded", I'd be using a legitimate medical term. To "retard" also is used to depict a delay or hinderance as in chemical materials that are retarded or if a material is retarded. It's the intent behind it that makes the difference, not the word itself. Sometimes however seems like those who are offended by it are usually the only ones with the malicious version on their mind.
how sad

Emmaus, PA

#19 Apr 25, 2008
Well, it was your idea to stop talking... so why don't you do so and save yourself some embarrassment?
Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and take your own advice.
Tank

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Apr 26, 2008
Oh Geez wrote:
<quoted text>
The average intelligent individual does not go around calling someone that word with malicious intent, it's the way it is used is where the problem lies. If I go & say "you're such a retard", or, "you're so retarded dude", then it would be wrong & probably taken as offensive. If, however, I were to say, "that boy who is slow was found to be retarded" or "that boy who is slow was found to be mentally retarded", I'd be using a legitimate medical term. To "retard" also is used to depict a delay or hinderance as in chemical materials that are retarded or if a material is retarded. It's the intent behind it that makes the difference, not the word itself. Sometimes however seems like those who are offended by it are usually the only ones with the malicious version on their mind.
well.... thank you Mr. Webster

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eighty Four Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewis Olivadese Sep 11 Freak 1
News Should chickens be allowed to roost in Monongah... (May '16) Jan '17 Farmer John 4
Review: West Penn Billiards and Fine Furniture (Sep '16) Sep '16 droz888 1
News Police: Rostraver convenience store robbers are... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Sadieh 1
News Lawmaker supports new Donora-Webster Bridge (Apr '10) Jan '15 Tom 4
News Hot Shots, June 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jim Evans 1
News Hot Shots, June 2013 (Jun '13) Jun '13 Jim Evans 1

Eighty Four Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eighty Four Mortgages