Policies spark debate at Hawkins comm...

Policies spark debate at Hawkins commission meeting

There are 6 comments on the Rogersville Review story from Jun 27, 2006, titled Policies spark debate at Hawkins commission meeting. In it, Rogersville Review reports that:

Commissioner Gerald Eidson call them "asinine" and "ludicrous" while Commissioner Fred Montgomery warned they were necessary to address "freeloading" by county employees and after numerous amendments versions ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rogersville Review.

my two cents

Kingsport, TN

#1 Jun 27, 2006
One says it is while another says it is not. If it is a requirement that is stated in the "audit", then why not bring it forth for all to see? Seems simple to me.
Michael Yates

United States

#2 Jun 27, 2006
And each year they appear again and what does the commission do?? NOTHTNG!!!!!!!!!! After an audit has been conducted and there is a discrepancy shouldn't the commissioners look at this problem at the next meeting? Seems like there maybe some freeloading going on at the Court House. Maybe if these problems were address in a timely manner the county would be moving forwards should've backwards. I hope to see a huge turnout from Hawkins County on August the 3rd, every vote counts. Letís make a change!!!!!!!!!!
my two cents

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jun 27, 2006
Basically the time to make a change was in the Primary. And there were some changes. Were they for the good or not will have to determined later.
Just an Observation

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jun 27, 2006
I can see the benefit of monitoring internet usage to ensure employees aren't paying visits to hotchick.com - but a central accounting and budgeting system has not been adopted for all county offices? Shouldn't this take priority?
This is akin to trying to tighten up the household budget by cancelling the newspaper subscription and keeping the Mercedes? And considering nearly every county employee has a Verizon phone, who is going to be responsibile for tracking phone calls and verifying if they were personal or professional calls? Can we get a grant to pay salary for a County Communication Director/Liason to Verizon?
And this the third or fourth time Lee has referenced misplaced papers. You'd think he might bring those to the meeting. Suppose they are all file in the cabinet at Neverland?
my two cents

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jun 28, 2006
The real kicker is that the voting machines are going to cost us nearly $50,000. more than they should have. Maybe that paperwork was in the same cabinet at Neverland.
Junkey Monkey

Dandridge, TN

#6 Feb 21, 2009
hmmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wheel Tax - About Time 51 min hey hey hey 19
stacey ann (Sep '14) 1 hr Donald 7
June 2017 BMA Election 1 hr hmmmm 20
Steve Starns wants tax increase (Jul '14) 1 hr TV Reporter 29
KaraLyn thompson 2 hr drug hater 1
Robbie Hobbs 3 hr Just curious 1
Gerald Russell's brother arrested for meth? 4 hr John 3

Eidson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance