New Jail, New Schools, New Taxes

New Jail, New Schools, New Taxes

Posted in the Eidson Forum

HOLD OUR TAXES DOWN

Ringgold, GA

#1 Aug 7, 2007
Later this month, Commissioners will vote on spending a lot of money, more money than they have, and they are looking for me and you to fund all the new spending they propose. The new jail has been a joke from the beginning and when they finish with it, it's going to be a bigger and a $12 million dollar joke. A little bit of expansion at the present site would have taken care of the needed space and save you and I millions of dollars. And the new schools, why do we need to build it all at one time? I don't know about you, but I just can't afford any more taxes. I can't afford a new car so I sure don't want to buy a new jail.
gail

United States

#2 Aug 24, 2007
Taxes will never be held back one way or the other , so why not enjoy living in a nice updated community, pay out your money in sneedville rather than crossing a mountain to give it to someone else ? Sadly to say it effects everyone we won't progess without a payout.
Gilbert

Ringgold, GA

#3 Aug 28, 2007
Well, they did it, taxes went up again, year after year after year. What happen to freezing the taxes for the senior citizens that the state passed on for each county to consider?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halie Head 2 hr Kevin 4
What are democrats really afraid of 2 hr Not Guilty 8
married women flirting 6 hr madashell 13
Old friend looking 7 hr question 3
Stephanie Harmon 8 hr Misty 3
Jeff Ramsey 9 hr Tell 3
Who buys broken tvs (Sep '13) 9 hr harvey 205

Eidson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance