Trial for Hawkins County man accused ...

Trial for Hawkins County man accused in stepson's murder postponed

There are 36 comments on the Kingsport Times story from Feb 26, 2007, titled Trial for Hawkins County man accused in stepson's murder postponed. In it, Kingsport Times reports that:

The murder trial of Ronnie W. Bledsoe, which was scheduled to begin this morning, has been postponed to give attorneys more time to prepare a defense for Bledsoe and his brother, a co-defendant. Sullivan County ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kingsport Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 1, 2007
What ever happened to the notion of a speedy trail. How much time does it take to prepare a defense. I feel sorry for the family of this young man, as they are unable to move foward with thier lives with this impending trial.

“Opinionated & Outspoken”

Since: Dec 06

Rogersville TN

#2 Mar 1, 2007
Murderers and meth dealers shouldn't be free on bail and the these brothers should not be allowed to make a mockerty of the system by playing games to postpone trial. I bet if their behinds were sitting a jail cell instead of free on bond they wouldn't be dragging this out.

“Opinionated & Outspoken”

Since: Dec 06

Rogersville TN

#3 Mar 1, 2007
Let me restate that an ALLEGED murder shouldn't be out on bail. I disagree with setting bail for those charged with murder. All involved deserve a speedy trial. If he is innocent he should be anxious to have the facts heard so that he is cleared of all charges and free. If he is guilty he needs to be locked up and the family deserves closure.

“Opinionated & Outspoken”

Since: Dec 06

Rogersville TN

#4 Mar 1, 2007
The reason for the correction is that upon reading my initial post I felt it came across as very judgmental which was unfair. Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty and everyone deserves a fair trial. I let my emotions get the best of me for a moment there. I was upset by what seemed to me like a ploy to darg this out which is unfair and costly to all.
Wondering

Miami, FL

#5 Mar 1, 2007
RogersvilleMom wrote:
The reason for the correction is that upon reading my initial post I felt it came across as very judgmental which was unfair. Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty and everyone deserves a fair trial. I let my emotions get the best of me for a moment there. I was upset by what seemed to me like a ploy to darg this out which is unfair and costly to all.
I understand your emotions. I feel the same way, why is this dragging out. The brothers, the accused, have enjoyed almost two years freedom. This is a whole lot more than the young man was allowed. Enough is enough, this trial should begin. More time to prepare a defense, not like the victim can retaliate, he is unfortunatly dead.The ineffective counsel seems like a crock. Should this have not been discovered before a year and 1/2?

One of the brothers has been arrested several times before all this, as well as, after this incident. Rmom have you stated your husband is a bail bondsman, how do these people keep getting out? How do they keep getting bond? What do you have to do to be put in jail and stay there? Please educate me.

Poor mother of the young man, I am sure she feels unsafe. Her ex husband killed her child, allegedly, and is free. What a world!

“Opinionated & Outspoken”

Since: Dec 06

Rogersville TN

#6 Mar 1, 2007
It is up to the judge to decide IF the accused gets bail and how much that bail will be. As far as the ex wife as I recall she was bringing the accused killer of her son things to the jail to keep him comfy until his bail was made. The reason I recal this is because I was shocked by it! It looks like maybe she finally came to her senses.
snark

Decatur, GA

#7 Mar 1, 2007
take all the time you need to prepare that defense.

if he's guilty it won't matter
Wondering

Miami, FL

#8 Mar 2, 2007
RogersvilleMom wrote:
It is up to the judge to decide IF the accused gets bail and how much that bail will be. As far as the ex wife as I recall she was bringing the accused killer of her son things to the jail to keep him comfy until his bail was made. The reason I recal this is because I was shocked by it! It looks like maybe she finally came to her senses.
OMG, I felt sorry for mom. Right after this happened, she was on tv and looked like she had been beat, which at the time was what she was saying the whole incident stemmed from. Bringing him items to make him comfortable, what a crazy world.
Another Rogerville Mother

White Pine, TN

#9 Mar 3, 2007
RogersvilleMom wrote:
It is up to the judge to decide IF the accused gets bail and how much that bail will be. As far as the ex wife as I recall she was bringing the accused killer of her son things to the jail to keep him comfy until his bail was made. The reason I recal this is because I was shocked by it! It looks like maybe she finally came to her senses.
How sick of a mind would it take to write that about a mother taking anything to the jail to the man that allegedly brutality murdered her son. His first ex-wife allegedly-the mother of his children was the one who visited the jail. Supposing the exwife took stuff to make him comfortable. Before you give an view of what happened you should know the facts. The mother of the victim did not take anything to the jail to the man that allegedly murdered her son.

“Opinionated & Outspoken”

Since: Dec 06

Rogersville TN

#10 Mar 3, 2007
Are you quite sure about that? I will admit that I could be wrong since I have not seen a photo of the mother, however I was down at the jail at the time she allegedly brought things into the accused and was told that was the mother of the young man who was murdered. I was shocked to say the least. If I was indeed misinformed and I won't know that for a fact until I locate a photo of the mother then I will apologize for the mistaken identity.
Another Rogerville Mother

White Pine, TN

#11 Mar 3, 2007
The Mother of that child cries everyday.
This is true

United States

#12 Mar 3, 2007
First ex-wife and her family helped bail him out. She is probably the one that brought items, not the deceased child's mother.
rogersville friend

Knoxville, TN

#13 Mar 3, 2007
the mother that lost her son would never take anything to that awfull man that killed her son. it was his exwife the mother of his children that took thing to him. chad's mother crys every day for her son.she loved her son more than words can tell.

“Opinionated & Outspoken”

Since: Dec 06

Rogersville TN

#14 Mar 3, 2007
My apologies to everyone especially the mother of the deceased. I was obviously mis-informed and honestly I am so pleased to find out that I was. I just couldn't get my head around anyone doing anything good for someone who hurt their child. Again I am sorry for the statement above. I will be more careful in the future to be sure I have correct information before posting.
someone who knows

Utica, KY

#15 Mar 21, 2007
RogersvilleMom wrote:
My apologies to everyone especially the mother of the deceased. I was obviously mis-informed and honestly I am so pleased to find out that I was. I just couldn't get my head around anyone doing anything good for someone who hurt their child. Again I am sorry for the statement above. I will be more careful in the future to be sure I have correct information before posting.
who are you to judge. I have read your comments, and without knowing all the facts and knowing the true mother of chad you have no right to judge anyone. Futher more no the ex-wife did not help with the bond.It is people like you why the innocent can not get a fair trial.I am someone who knows the facts, and not feed on rumors.
someone who knows

Utica, KY

#16 Mar 21, 2007
Does malicious slander mean anything to you? I happen to know both families, and without you knowing the mother of Chad it doesnt seem fair you should say such terrible things, and one more thing, no the mother of his children did not help with the bail.People like you are the reason the innocent cannot get a fair trial!
MAN WHO REALLY KNOWS

Dillon, SC

#17 Mar 21, 2007
and again it seems as if you do not know all the facts. So why talk about something you have no clue about!
inquiring mind

United States

#18 Mar 21, 2007
i do agree with what you said people should knows facts before making comments. My opinion, there must be some truth in the brothers if not the judge would have ruled against the postponedment.We hear alot about the brothers, and nothing about the history of the mother and her deceased son. Makes me wonder?
Seems to me

Miami, FL

#19 Mar 21, 2007
someone who knows wrote:
Does malicious slander mean anything to you? I happen to know both families, and without you knowing the mother of Chad it doesnt seem fair you should say such terrible things, and one more thing, no the mother of his children did not help with the bail.People like you are the reason the innocent cannot get a fair trial!
If you know both families, I would think you'd be more concerned with the fact a life has been lost and another family might lose 2 memebers to prison instead of rumors on an internet forum. Rumors will run rampant, no stopping that. For example I heard his children actually paid bail out of funds set up by the grandparents for them.
Rogersville mom just posted what she was told and I hardly doubt this will affect outcome of trial. She is known but I think that is a bit much. Beside she did recant and apologize stating she needed to check facts before hand.
someone who knows

Dillon, SC

#20 Mar 21, 2007
not only was the family of the deceased affected by this misfortune the family of the accused was also.It takes disturbed people to feed on rumors.And again why spread rumors, this I direct towards you for mentioning the children and the untruth in (another rumor.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jury Duty Just Got Tougher to Avoid (Jan '09) 6 min David Johnson 28
Sarah leath 56 min Just saying 33
Tosh's Frazier 58 min Just saying 50
Just Stop 2 hr Vanilla Ice 3
Tennessee third hardest state to get disability... 3 hr Kingfish 5
Dr. Slaughter Vet. (Mar '10) 4 hr Mastiff 39
Cooper mike 4 hr Inbreds 21

Eidson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eidson Mortgages