20 clerks charged with selling beer t...

20 clerks charged with selling beer to minors

There are 20 comments on the WCYB story from Feb 6, 2013, titled 20 clerks charged with selling beer to minors. In it, WCYB reports that:

For the past few weeks, 'confidential sources' under the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission have been attempting to buy beer as minors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCYB.

legal aide

Morristown, TN

#1 Feb 7, 2013
I hope Farris was the one who sold it at Triangle Mkt cause if he wasnt somebody has had a bad day.He will tell them to sell it but their ass is the one in the grinder.Been going on for years.
bill

White Pine, TN

#2 Feb 7, 2013
legal aide wrote:
I hope Farris was the one who sold it at Triangle Mkt cause if he wasnt somebody has had a bad day.He will tell them to sell it but their ass is the one in the grinder.Been going on for years.
it was he!
Citizen

Lebanon, TN

#3 Feb 7, 2013
Did they get the FINAL Clap I sure hope so????
Robin hood

Strawberry Plains, TN

#4 Feb 8, 2013
i would like to know where these places are in hawkins county. I am 51 yeaars old and I get asked for id every time i go in any stores around here to buy beer.
duh

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 8, 2013
According to the article, most checked I'd. Problem was the year was right, you know the whole if you were born this year BUT the month & day weren't

Meaning, undercover will turn 21 this yr but had not done so yet.
Get a life

Morristown, TN

#6 Feb 8, 2013
legal aide wrote:
I hope Farris was the one who sold it at Triangle Mkt cause if he wasnt somebody has had a bad day.He will tell them to sell it but their ass is the one in the grinder.Been going on for years.
Hey,Legal Aide,why are you posting under another name(Grape Vine),do you have a beef with Farris,or what? He must of not given your smelly ass credit and you got mad,get over it,grow up.
handydandy

Sevierville, TN

#7 Feb 8, 2013
So....what happens to the ones that sold the beer or "trained" someone to do it? Will they go to jail or what?
Spartacus

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2013
duh wrote:
According to the article, most checked I'd. Problem was the year was right, you know the whole if you were born this year BUT the month & day weren't
Meaning, undercover will turn 21 this yr but had not done so yet.
Dam that's f up. A few months off. What a rediculous thing to be doing on taxpayer's money. Instead, they should be trying to stop the stealing and crap out in the country. I know at least one of the stores that got busted was indeed in the country because it is on the road I live on. To beat it all, the owner of the store is the last Sheriff's sister in-law. Anyway, the fella who runs the store for her now has to use pen and paper to calculate what you owe and your change due back. lol How tricky and mean to bust someone over a couple of months when the dude can hardly add and subtract. Heck, it woulda taken him all day to figure that one out.
duh

Johnson City, TN

#10 Feb 10, 2013
Did notice 19 yr got busted for selling it in St. Clair. How screwed up is that, she isn't old enough to buy or consume but has got a record for selling it.

My daughter works at local grocery store. Not saying was part of this but guy comes in to buy beer. She checked ID, & told him that he couldn't for couple months... When he turned 21 & he told her he thought you could buy @ 20 in TN. She said no & you should know that especially since it was a TN drivers license.

I thank God she caught it, in case this was part of the sting. Or she would be facing jail time. Could see it if it was a couple years but months...
Spartacus

United States

#11 Feb 10, 2013
Yep that's screwed up as heck. Back when I was young it was you had to be 18 to buy alcohol. It's weird nowadays that 18 year olds can sell it but can not buy it. Also, 18 year olds can enlist in Military and die for their Country, but I think if you have a Military ID then you can buy alcohol at age 18. Rules may have changed, I do not know. Point is, po po should be out there solving murders and all the other crappy crap that's going on instead of busting some beer stores for a couple months off on the birthday. It must be a money thing. These ppl who got busted will have to pay fines out the ying yang. F em all (polititions, po po, Obama bin Lyin, etc... corrupt bass turds).
ohreally

Sevierville, TN

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Now now lets not be derogatory. March2adifdrum was only stating an opinion. I personally didn't like Rick either but oh well. Who cares? Sounds to me like March2adifdrum hit a few nerves. Do you know them? I have actually heard they were thinking of selling the place.
Been There wrote:
<quoted text>You are a real pice of sh?t, no I take that back you are lower than whale shit.
whatcrap

Kingsport, TN

#15 Feb 13, 2013
@march2adifdrum apparently you know nothing about Cherene, so how are you going to sit here and say things about someone you dont even know? If you dont know the facts about something you shouldnt even say anything! Cherene had NOTHING to do with the lady selling alcohol,Cherene was working but she was dealing with a customer at the lottery and had her back turned to her when this transaction took place the lady had only been working there for 45 minutes, and as far as you saying she has let her self go cherene has most definitely NOT! She is a damn good person and she is one of the best women i know! So who are you to sit here and judge someone when you dont even know them? If in fact you did know Cherene you would definitely know that a comment like you made would worry her to death! Dont make comments about good innocent people when you dont even know them or nothing about them! any other comments saying derogatory things about cherene will be deleted in the future! thank you and have a wonderful day :)
no no

Columbia, TN

#16 Feb 13, 2013
does anybody know who the cleks where? and what stores?
Halloween

Hermitage, TN

#17 Feb 14, 2013
no no wrote:
does anybody know who the cleks where? and what stores?
If you can die for this country at 18 you should be able to drink duh this country is so stupid
criditt

Johnson City, TN

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Halloween wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can die for this country at 18 you should be able to drink duh this country is so stupid
Here's you an ideal, maybe join the (Army) ect. and when you get to Pakistan or Afganistan you can smoke right off the blocks of all the hashish and opium. I think the thoughts of drinking will leave your mind.
criditt

Johnson City, TN

#19 Feb 14, 2013
criditt wrote:
<quoted text>Here's you an ideal, maybe join the (Army) ect. and when you get to Pakistan or Afganistan you can smoke right off the blocks of all the hashish and opium. I think the thoughts of drinking will leave your mind.
While I don't disagree really with your post, but it wasn't by me "criditt" I have to say, thats one heck of a risk to get stoned.
believe it

Sevierville, TN

#20 Feb 15, 2013
P-l-e-a-s-e..... get off your sanctimonious high horse. Everyone has other sides to them. Maybe march2adifdrum knows something you don't. And everyone lies. And besides what you might call a "good" person someone else might not. Good grief! Just shut up! Delete whatever you want. Someone's opinion is just that....their opinion. They have just as much of a right to it as you do making these "holyier than thou" comments below. Please carry on....we ain't skeered. Bring it.....
whatcrap wrote:
@march2adifdrum apparently you know nothing about Cherene, so how are you going to sit here and say things about someone you dont even know? If you dont know the facts about something you shouldnt even say anything! Cherene had NOTHING to do with the lady selling alcohol,Cherene was working but she was dealing with a customer at the lottery and had her back turned to her when this transaction took place the lady had only been working there for 45 minutes, and as far as you saying she has let her self go cherene has most definitely NOT! She is a damn good person and she is one of the best women i know! So who are you to sit here and judge someone when you dont even know them? If in fact you did know Cherene you would definitely know that a comment like you made would worry her to death! Dont make comments about good innocent people when you dont even know them or nothing about them! any other comments saying derogatory things about cherene will be deleted in the future! thank you and have a wonderful day :)
Reality Check

Kingsport, TN

#21 Feb 16, 2013
This is completely amazing! I had no idea there were even 17 places in the whole county that sold alcohol.
Reality Check

Kingsport, TN

#22 Feb 16, 2013
duh wrote:
According to the article, most checked I'd. Problem was the year was right, you know the whole if you were born this year BUT the month & day weren't
Meaning, undercover will turn 21 this yr but had not done so yet.
Is that true? The clerks actually checked ID but the IDs were selected so that they were just about to turn 21 and so this was not so much selling to minors but failing a math test? If that is true, it smells of entrapment. Selling to minors without an ID check is one thing, but the police constructing a math test to entrap local business owners is completely different.
huh

Knoxville, TN

#23 Feb 18, 2013
what do you mean "entrapment"? are you kidding me? that's part of their job you nut case. Of course they have to be able to do some simple math...and read and maybe do some writing too! oh for crying out loud! ENTRAPMENT....whatever.
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that true? The clerks actually checked ID but the IDs were selected so that they were just about to turn 21 and so this was not so much selling to minors but failing a math test? If that is true, it smells of entrapment. Selling to minors without an ID check is one thing, but the police constructing a math test to entrap local business owners is completely different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eidson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's up with our Juvenile Judges 4 min Wondering 21
Heritage Days 30 min Dr Spek Sr 53
Why Liberals are stupid 1 hr Trump is President 1
Fake Fox NewsStrikes Again 2 hr Trump is President 10
Sam Dong Supervision lol 3 hr What 21
The judge 3 hr Grandma 10
Kristen Cochrane 4 hr Michael Hunt 4

Eidson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eidson Mortgages