Suicide on Eglin?
April

Winter Garden, FL

#1 Oct 19, 2007
I'm curious about the suicide my husband heard about here on Eglin at one of the houses that have garages. Does anyone know about that?
fAMILY

Downey, CA

#2 Oct 21, 2007
You really shouldnt ask questions like that....it could upset the family! I know about it and I am family but I would hate for his wife to see that type of question!
April

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Oct 22, 2007
Thanks for informing me of what is polite and what isn't. I appreciate that. ;)
FAMILY

Downey, CA

#4 Oct 22, 2007
Anytime…You fail to realize the nature of your content so I guess I had to be the one to let you know. You appear to be sarcastic and that is fine….but God forbid you loose your husband and then later find a message….or bulletin such as yours only to find that someone was just being nosey. Any extra grief for the family is not needed and if you do not understand that…then good luck in life hopefully you grow up before it catches up to you!
April

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Oct 23, 2007
Nope, I was actually being serious. I appreciate you letting me know I was out of line. I felt like it was a perfectly normal question to ask. However, I don't appreciate you saying I'm just being nosy, considering you don't know why I asked about this particular incident.
Anyways, thanks again for putting me "in line" so to speak. Hope the family of this man is doing ok considering the circumstances.
FAMILY

Downey, CA

#6 Oct 24, 2007
Well than I apologize for speaking out of context. Although the family has suffered a great loss...without God nothing is possible....with him anything is possible. I can only imagine the pain my sister is going through with the loss of her husband and best friend. If anything keep my family in your prayers. Thanks and God Bless!
April

Winter Garden, FL

#7 Oct 29, 2007
Yes, I started praying for the entire family as soon as I heard about it. I hope God can heal their hearts after such a tragedy!
Mojak

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#8 Oct 31, 2007
Hell, good or bad,“news is new”!! Just think if we all had the power to effectively control the news in this country as it pertains to us or our families; no one would ever know shet, now would they????

If you don't want the public knowing about it then don't do it. I happen to know about this particular situation,(and individual involved) however in my current line of work, I'm not allowed to speak freely on this. Apparently this guy wasn't thinking about his family when he committed this thankless act of selfishness.

In all sincerity, I do however wish his family well.
FAMILY

Downey, CA

#9 Nov 1, 2007
Mojak….You are right when you say that news is news…and everyone is entitled to say and ask what they choose to ask…if you read the previous comments then you would know that! I cannot protect my sister…who is now a widow…but I will do the best I can to help people to understand the logic to asking a question of that matter! If you wanna hear the news…then read a newspaper or watch t.v. when you ask questions about a certain situation it appears to me that you were not satisfied by the “news” you received and decided to seek further information about a topic that does not pertain to you. You can sit here and say what you want and how you feel about a situation that does not concern you. Only God can judge him…not me not you! The people that truly care will be there for the family…the ones who don’t know them well but it has touched there heart in some way or another will pray and try to help the best they can and the ones who sit back and criticize and speak out of context will do just that….unless you played a part in preventing this incident from happening or consoling the immediate family….then apparently you are one of the by standers who simply just speak out of context..(due to this conversation not even pertaining to you) and will criticize…(Assessing this incident to be a thankless act of Selfishness)!
Me Myself and I

Bonaire, GA

#10 Sep 21, 2011
April,
I worked in housing maintenance during this "incident" so I don't personally know the family other than sending out maintenance workers when there was an issue, but I DO know what happened. I know that he shot himself in the head and was damned lucky that the bullet did not kill another innocent person when it traveled through his head and out through the garage wall. I also understand that he did this cowardly act in front of his family (wife and young child). I truly hope that his family has healed and moved on but feel no sympathy for the coward who put his family through that. That was just my 2 cents.
Concerned for a friend

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#11 Sep 11, 2013
I recently was faced with a friend stating he wanted to commit suicide. In an attempt to better understand and try to do/say the right things to him I have been searching the internet. I know it is hard to discuss and even harder to read the discussion when it pertains to a family member but I also feel it is important to discuss so we may be able to help those considering suicide today.
TRUTH

Rockville, MD

#12 Dec 10, 2013
fAMILY wrote:
You really shouldnt ask questions like that....it could upset the family! I know about it and I am family but I would hate for his wife to see that type of question!
Agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eglin AFB Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Message Boars Oct 19 AnnaD 1
Beware...horrible contractor! Oct 13 Niceville Resident 1
News New townhomes coming to Okaloosa Island Oct 12 Island man 1
News Corps addresses Navarre Pass (Oct '08) Oct 12 MudBunee 14
Bored in Destin!! Oct 11 Need sme companyy 1
Bar and grill Oct 10 Help 1
Storm Nate. Oct 7 Mike -ex-sauk vil... 4

Eglin AFB Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance