Edwardsville 2nd high school

Edwardsville 2nd high school

Posted in the Edwardsville Forum

Eville man

Caseyville, IL

#1 Nov 6, 2012
I heard from a few folks about Edwardsville building a 2nd separate high school in 2015 or 2016.

Anyone else hear it or have details?
DanW

Caseyville, IL

#2 Nov 7, 2012
Eville man wrote:
I heard from a few folks about Edwardsville building a 2nd separate high school in 2015 or 2016.
Anyone else hear it or have details?
Neighbor and I were talking about the same thing today in the backyard. Said there have been some closed door conversations about it lately, and that its gaining popularity.

I Don't blame them if they decide to build another one. My daughter's there now and it is way too crowded. Plus, she would have a better chance at sports.

Just my opinion though.
Brian

Glen Carbon, IL

#3 Nov 8, 2012
With Neiburs goal of expanding the trailer park south of the SIU campus the good news is that the new subdivisions schools will be filled with the types known to frequent the existing population there. Finally the people that moved here will face the reality that they have been bilked just as some of the people that bought houses from Piedmont Homes are beginning to find out
Wait till the schools are filled with drug dealers from the hoods then the west county people will howl with rage
Ya gotta laugh though because in the long run some of these so called Edwardsville royalty will be detested in memory
Justice for all finally

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 9, 2012
If that high school is overcrowdd how did they ind room to let the arts coucil have rooms in the school? There is plenty of room in that school and any referendums held to spend more money should be soundly defeated this time. Parents are a minority in Edwardsville. Quit expecting others to pay the bills for the children that you chose to have.
HadIt

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Dec 29, 2012
SugarySue wrote:
If that high school is overcrowdd how did they ind room to let the arts coucil have rooms in the school? There is plenty of room in that school and any referendums held to spend more money should be soundly defeated this time. Parents are a minority in Edwardsville. Quit expecting others to pay the bills for the children that you chose to have.
You can bet that before Eddie retires there will be another high school with his name on it. They don't need to pass a referendum they can simply re-sell the bonds from the first one when they pay it off. You're right Sue. Why do the schools now need all this fancy sports field crap, big screen scoreboards, fancy field turf etc? It was good enough when my kids were there and they turned out fine. Schools with fountains and fancy entrances are for the elites and big egos on the school board. They could care less about taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edwardsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two charged in connection with fatal stabbing i... (Oct '13) 7 hr Eccleticmusician243 214
News Madison County State's Attorney Gibbons files f... 8 hr Mike 7
News Fireworks displays sure to light up the night s... Jun 21 me 2
News Police: Pontoon Beach Man Sent Illicit Texts To... (Sep '10) Jun 20 Fire fighter 39
Lazy bitches Jun 16 HuntingDogs 3
News Dunstan: Good Samaritan House in Granite City, ... Jun 16 DARPA 1
Murder in Cottage Hills (Apr '13) Jun 14 Looking for infor... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edwardsville Mortgages