Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Let's revisit the rush to war in Iraq. WMD's,WMD's rah rah rah. No wait, there weren't any...911, 911, 911...no wait, they were Saudis, not Iranians ..remove the bad guy, remove the bad guy...rah rah rah...no wait a minute, if we go after one, why not all of them. American fries, those dirty French don't believe the war mongering Cheney/ Bush. They must support the terrorists. We must punish them by renaming our fried potatoes! Thousands of soldiers and innocents killed....billions spent...but let's crucify this administration for mistakes made in Benghazi. What a bunch of conservative hypocrites. They just hate it when this subject is brought up. Just forget it right? Everyone that suported that war should accept responsibility for the loss of our brave troups, and the billions spent. But they won't. Obama was against it. Nuff said?
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... Job well done to all the Liberal politicians out there. Keep up the good work. Actually it's not funny at all. Very, very sad.
Just think, if we have 11 more attacks on our embassies and 50 more people killed Obama will catch up to Bush's numbers.

Why is that the cons won't talk about the embassy attacks (12) and deaths (50+) on shrubs watch? At least they don't deny it happened.
Perhaps Faux news (who covers Benghazi 23 out of 24 hours) and talk radio never mentioned it so they don't know about it.

And am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that Darth Vader is trying to get the Rethuglicans to subpoena Hillary? Anyone remember how Bush and Cheney fought subpoenas. Their claim was executive privilege. If anyone needs a subpoena it's Cheney. He needs to come clean over his part in outing a covert CIA agent, his lies on WMD's and how he made millions off a war in which he was the chief architect.
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

So good it was worth repeating.
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

compare wrote:
Let's revisit the rush to war in Iraq. WMD's,WMD's rah rah rah. No wait, there weren't any...911, 911, 911...no wait, they were Saudis, not Iranians ..remove the bad guy, remove the bad guy...rah rah rah...no wait a minute, if we go after one, why not all of them. American fries, those dirty French don't believe the war mongering Cheney/ Bush. They must support the terrorists. We must punish them by renaming our fried potatoes! Thousands of soldiers and innocents killed....billions spent...but let's crucify this administration for mistakes made in Benghazi. What a bunch of conservative hypocrites. They just hate it when this subject is brought up. Just forget it right? Everyone that suported that war should accept responsibility for the loss of our brave troups, and the billions spent. But they won't. Obama was against it. Nuff said?
If there was true justice in the world, both Bush and Cheney would be rotting in a cell. But I will give Bush credit for being smart enough to keep his mouth shut, unlike Cheney who can't stop running his putrid mouth.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Reagan was a fool wrote:
So good it was worth repeating.
None of that would have happened if Clinton didn't ignore the warnings that he had recieved from intelligence and other countries who knew what OBL was up too.
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that would have happened if Clinton didn't ignore the warnings that he had recieved from intelligence and other countries who knew what OBL was up too.
So now you're blaming Clinton for pushing the phony WMD line. And was Clinton supposed to go after OBL before he actually master minded 9/11?

You can't blame Clinton for Bush's incompetence and Cheney habitual lies.

Those are some pretty convoluted theories you have, no wonder you're a Republican.

BTW, there is evidence that W ignored the warnings about 9/11. The only thing that saved him was Condoleezza Rice lying her ass off for him. This is the same habitual liar that some on the right think would make a good president. She isn't fit to shine Hillary's shoes.
go get em

Neponset, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 happened on Bushs watch and Clinton did pass information to them about OBL but they didn't act on it and dropped the ball.
Dick could see dollar signs on the sun set.
Clinton 2016 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!
Popeye

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

go get em wrote:
<quoted text>9/11 happened on Bushs watch and Clinton did pass information to them about OBL but they didn't act on it and dropped the ball.
Dick could see dollar signs on the sun set.
Clinton 2016 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know, Hillbilly Hillary is looking pretty stupid right now! LOL! What did Clinton pass on? Bill Clinton refused. To kill or even arrest Bin Ladin on several occasions! Spin all you want!
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

The "new" GOP is so stupid they can't see the writing on the wall. With the changing demographics and their continued assault on blacks (voter suppression), women (anti abortion acts), Hispanics (refusal to move on immigration) one would think they must be stupid. Given all that, the only way the GOP will ever see the White House is to jury rig the electoral college system. That wouldn't surprise me at all. They should be able to hold onto to the house after all their gerrymandering.

Their attempts to suppress the black vote backfired on them as blacks came out in droves to vote.

On a different note:

I see where Karl the ham is going after Hillary again. Karl blew over 50 million (others money of course) trying to get Mitzi elected. I still can't figure out why Faux kept him on. After all they dumped the skanky Hussy from Alaska and the toe sucker, Dick Morris. Their predictions weren't any more off than the hams.

Who knows, maybe old Sarah was making a fool out of herself by trying to bang all the males on staff and Roger Ailes was pissed because she didn't offer him any.

Poor old Karl's meltdown on Faux news on election night was priceless. And yet fools will keep sending that worthless POS money.
Popeye

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Reagan was a fool wrote:
The "new" GOP is so stupid they can't see the writing on the wall. With the changing demographics and their continued assault on blacks (voter suppression), women (anti abortion acts), Hispanics (refusal to move on immigration) one would think they must be stupid. Given all that, the only way the GOP will ever see the White House is to jury rig the electoral college system. That wouldn't surprise me at all. They should be able to hold onto to the house after all their gerrymandering.
Their attempts to suppress the black vote backfired on them as blacks came out in droves to vote.
On a different note:
I see where Karl the ham is going after Hillary again. Karl blew over 50 million (others money of course) trying to get Mitzi elected. I still can't figure out why Faux kept him on. After all they dumped the skanky Hussy from Alaska and the toe sucker, Dick Morris. Their predictions weren't any more off than the hams.
Who knows, maybe old Sarah was making a fool out of herself by trying to bang all the males on staff and Roger Ailes was pissed because she didn't offer him any.
Poor old Karl's meltdown on Faux news on election night was priceless. And yet fools will keep sending that worthless POS money.
Spoken like a complete fool! In 2012, on average, a higher percentage of blacks voted than whites, not counting all of the election fraud.Why should the US give citezenship to about 20 million illegal Mexicans? On average, they are grossly uneducated and poor! They will surely need assistance at every angle from the government! As far as Hillary, she has proven to be a failure of Secretary of State. She is grossly incompetent, as proven through her activities trying to cover up the Benghazi scandal. Name one success! I guarantee you couldn't!
Larry Craig

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Popeye wrote:
Now reports come out today that the IRS intentionally sought out Conservative groups like the Tea party for harassment! The spokeswoman for the IRS even granted am apology for the abuses. This would be funny except Obama has joked in the past about getting the IRS on such groups! Coincidence?
I laughed my ass off when I read that. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. Way to go Obama!! LOL!
Popeye

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Larry Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed my ass off when I read that. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. Way to go Obama!! LOL!
Oh, don't worry! Obama has his feminine hands full trying to spin his way out of his Benghazi Scandal! It'snot going away! LOL!
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

You guys should really stop posting to Hopeless/ShitForBrains/Popeye/ CansOfStupid/55DumpsterDives.

You're all disrupting his "work" ... on his "cell phone" ... at his "job" ... that he works "nights".
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Larry Craig wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes his third term ...

He'll NEVER get the uneducated, inbred, trailer park vote now!
Larry Craig

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Popeye wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, don't worry! Obama has his feminine hands full trying to spin his way out of his Benghazi Scandal! It'snot going away! LOL!
Yep, all your predictions have been spot on. You really nailed the election. I'm sure you're just as right about this. shitforbrains.
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Popeye wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, don't worry! Obama has his feminine hands full trying to spin his way out of his Benghazi Scandal! It'snot going away! LOL!
Speaking of feminine hands, here's a quiz for you: Which former president was a limp wrist-ed pom pom swishing cheerleader in college? And no I don't mean the androgynous governor of Texas even though he was a pom pom swisher in college too.
Reagan was a fool

Mattoon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

For anyone keeping score: George Bush is ahead of Obama in both total embassy attacks (12 to 1) and leads with the death toll (53 to 4).

I wonder if the convicted car thief and accused arsonist will bring that up?
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Some inconvenient info on the car thief and accused arsonist that is one Darrell Issa:

(Note: All of the following is from http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/00... )

1. Issa Calls 9/11 Attacks in New York a Plane Crash

No doubt, Issa's slur against World Trade Center rescue workers was the most unforgettable moment in a truly forgettable political career.

Desperate to refuse federal funds to the ailing workers who rushed to Ground Zero, Issa denied the September 11 carnage was an attack on the United States at all. As the New York Post summed it up:

"It's very simple: I can't vote for additional money for New York if I can't see why it would be appropriate to do this every single time a similar situation happens, which quite frankly includes any urban terrorist. It doesn't have to be somebody from al Qaeda. It can be someone who decides that they don't like animal testing at one of our pharmaceutical facilities."

Issa said the destruction of the World Trade Center did not involve a dirty bomb or a chemical weapon designed to make people sick.

"It simply was an aircraft, residue of the aircraft and residue of the materials used to build this building," Issa said.

2. Issa Weeps Over Premature Withdrawal from Gubernatorial Race

In the film, A League of Their Own, Tom Hanks proclaims, "there's no crying in baseball." If that same standard applied to American politics, Darrell Issa's career would have ended long ago.

In 2003, Issa led the effort to recall California Governor Gray Davis.(Davis was undone by the energy crisis which crippled the Golden State thanks in large part to market manipulation by Enron.) But part two of the Issa plan - to capture the Governor's office himself - abruptly ran aground when Arnold Schwarzenegger decided to get in the race.

On August 7, 2003, Issa shocked supporters and announced he would not continue his candidacy. Comically claiming, "It had nothing to do with Schwarzenegger's decision," Issa at times wept uncontrollably as he made his premature withdrawal.(This video shows Issa's pathetic performance as he concluded his gubernatorial ambitions had been terminated. The water works start around the 7:30 mark.)

3. Issa Attacks Families of Killed Blackwater Contractors

Among the low points in Issa's career as a Bush sycophant was his vicious defense of the mercenary firm Blackwater. As the security company faced charges ranging from atrocities in Iraq to abandoning the families of its slain workers, Issa went on the warpath in its defense.

During February 2007 Blackwater hearings of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Issa attacked four women whose family members were killed by Iraqi insurgents and dragged through the streets of Fallujah:

"Although I don't think your testimony today is particularly germane to the oversight of this committee, I am deeply sorry for the losses that you've had...One question I have is, the opening statement, who wrote it?"

That October, Issa's jihad in defense of Blackwater continued. On October 16, 2007, Issa claimed that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and his committee chairman Henry Waxman ""go after our troops." Ironically, just two weeks earlier, Issa comically pressed Blackwater CEO Erik Prince to acknowledge his ties to the Bush administration and the GOP, only to then claim "labeling some company as Republican" because of a family's background "is inappropriate."
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

**** CONTINUED FROM ABOVE ****

4. Issa Accuses Valerie Plame of Perjury

On July 11, 2007, the House Judiciary Committee held a session to discuss the misuse of presidential clemency powers in President Bush's commutation of Scooter Libby's sentence. That hearing occurred just four months after outed covert CIA operative Valerie Plame had testified under oath before Congress on March 16, 2007.

Not content to merely confront Ambassador Joe Wilson during his testimony, Congressman Issa accused both Wilson and his wife of perjury:

"I certainly believe Ambassador Wilson at his word, but I hope he believes me at my word, which is that in fact having read all the information, I believe that his wife will soon be asking for a pardon, that in fact she has not been genuine in her testimony before Congress and, if pursued, Ambassador Wilson and Valerie would be asking for the same sort of treatment, which is that in fact we put this behind us."

5. Issa Drives the Firing of U.S. Attorney Carol Lam

As it turns out, Congressman Issa was also a key player in another major Bush administration scandal, the political purge of U.S. attorneys.

Carol Lam, who successfully prosecuted disgraced San Diego Republican Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham, was one of the 8 U.S. prosecutors forced out by Alberto Gonzales' Justice Department. But it was Issa who helped create the façade that supposedly lax immigration enforcement by Lam's office was behind her dismissal.

It was Issa, after all, who released an anonymously written 41 page Border Patrol report which claimed "that Lam was giving less attention to human smugglers than she should." As the Voice of San Diego reported in March 2007:

Six days after the Associated Press story broke, Issa's office sent a letter to Lam, in which the congressman called the memo "an embarrassment to your office."

Monica Goodling, a Justice Department spokeswoman, sent the letter to Kyle Sampson, Gonzales' chief of staff who resigned in the attorney firing scandal's wake, and two other high-ranking officials.

"FYI," she wrote, "the assault continues."

Lam was eventually sacked, as TPM Muckraker concluded, "despite the fact that no one from the Justice Department ever confronted Carol Lam over her performance on immigration prosecutions."

6. Issa Blames Software for White House Email Destruction

Committed to defending Bush administration wrong-doing at every turn, Darrell Issa in February weighed in on the White House's destruction of millions of emails. Now a self-proclaimed IT expert, Issa claimed that the likely criminal loss of the emails, including those for critical time periods such as the breaking PlameGate scandal, was just the result of a software glitch.

Mother Jones described Issa's feeble attempt to blame IBM's Lotus Notes software then used by the Bush White House, an accusation he was later forced to recant:

Defending the White House's decision to switch from the Lotus Notes-based archiving system used by the Clinton administration, Issa compared the software to "using wooden wagon wheels" and Sony Betamax tapes. To observers of the missing emails controversy, Issa's comments seemed little more than an attempt to deflect blame from the White House for replacing a working system for archiving presidential records with an ad hoc substitute. But to IT professionals who use Lotus at their companies, Issa's remarks seemed controversial, if not downright slanderous. Now, according to an executive at IBM, the software's manufacturer, the California congressman has apologized for his characterization of Lotus and offered to correct the congressional record.
Reagan was a MENACE

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

**** YEP THERE'S MORE!****

7. Issa Offers Howard Krongard a Ticket to the White House Christmas Party

Last November, Americans learned of the staggering corruption, ineptitude and conflicts of interest of then State Department Inspector General Howard Krongard. Within days of his devastating appearance before Waxman's House Oversight Committee (including his admission that his brother served as an adviser to Blackwater), Krongard resigned over allegations he impeded "ongoing criminal investigations into the construction of a new,$740 million U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and security firm Blackwater Worldwide."

But during his calamitous Congressional hearing in November, Krongard was praised by Darrell Issa. After Krongard earlier noted that he had never met President Bush, Issa told him:

"Thank you for your service. And I’ll end by saying that the first week of December the president’s having a Christmas party. I have an extra guest ticket. After today, I know that you’ve earned it. I would be happy to have you use my guest ticket and then you’ll get your picture with the president and you’ll get to meet him as well you should."

8. Issa Forces Jerry Nadler to Withdraw Truthful Statement about Bush's Illegal Domestic Surveillance

Last August as Congress debated revisions to FISA under the so-called Protect America Act, Rep. Issa went on the attack against opponents of President Bush's domestic surveillance program.

During the debate, Congressman Jerry Nadler (D-NY) spoke out against the codification of President Bush's regime of warrantless wiretapping, domestic surveillance which prior to August 2007 was almost certainly illegal:

"This bill is not needed to protect America from terrorists. The only purpose of this bill is to protect this administration from its own political problems and cynicism, and its own illegal actions it has taken outside the law without any authorization."

For his part, Issa demanded that Nadler withdraw his assertion that the Bush administration had engaged in illegal activities. ThinkProgress detailed the Issa brouhaha that ensued:

After some pause, Nadler said he would withdraw his "truthful and accurate statements" in order to proceed with the floor debate. Issa, unhappy with Nadler's retraction, said, "He is not withdrawing it if he claims they're accurate." Nadler responded, "I'm withdrawing them without any reservation but I retain my opinion."

9. Issa Defends Roger Clemens Against Steroid Allegations

During February hearings in which neither political party did itself credit, Henry Waxman's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee probed the use of performance enhancing drugs in major league baseball. Perhaps conscious of lingering allegations that George W. Bush turned a blind eye to his players' own steroid use while running the Texas Rangers, Republican committee members rushed to Roger Clemens' defense.

None more so that Darrell Issa. Issa called Clemens' alleged supplier, Brian McNamee, "a drug pusher" and proclaimed that McNamee's diploma-mill PhD stood for "pile it higher and deeper." Amazingly, Issa compared Clemens' use of B-12 to his own "mother getting B-12 shots from our family physician," adding, "She was pre-menopausal and simply a little anemic she thought." Issa then concluded by lecturing McNamee, "Shame on you."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Madison County was issued at August 23 at 3:40AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Edwardsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Edwardsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE