Festival of Flowers now in season

Apr 5, 2009 Read more: Asheville Citizen-Times 9
ASHEVILLE Who can resist thousands of tulips in Biltmore Estate's walled garden? It paints an idyllic scene, one of leisure and luxury. Read more
The Right Rev Jackson

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Apr 6, 2009
Oh Great another free ad for Enka house. How much does Enkamore pay for this BS? Come pay $75.00 for adults ,$74.99 for children under 6 months, children under 24hrs free with forged birth certificate.
KarmaGun

Asheville, NC

#2 Apr 6, 2009
Don't like the prices? Easy solution...don't visit.

I have a season pass and enjoy the Biltmore property all year long. It's a great place to spend the day.
Jugtown

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2009
Does the citizen times own stock in the biltmore house?
person

Fletcher, NC

#4 Apr 6, 2009
Biltmore is one of the best places in the country to visit. It's a wonderful place to spend the day and forget the outside world.
fan

Fletcher, NC

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Jugtown wrote:
Does the citizen times own stock in the biltmore house?
Biltmore is them most visited attraction in NC, so why shouldn't the local media write about it. It employs a lot of locals and is a beautiful place.
Jugtown

United States

#6 Apr 6, 2009
fan????? no the most visited attraction in WNC would be the parkway, and I dont see half the story's about it, and it is free.
fan

Fletcher, NC

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Jugtown wrote:
fan????? no the most visited attraction in WNC would be the parkway, and I dont see half the story's about it, and it is free.
It IS the most visited tourist attraction with over a million people visiting Biltmore every year. You probably don't see articles about the parkway more since it doesn't pay thousands of people to work on it and doesn't pay the taxes Biltmore does. Biltmore is a huge draw to this area and we should be grateful it's here for all to enjoy.
Jugtown

United States

#8 Apr 6, 2009
ACT seems to always be pimping them but I have nothing against the biltmore house, cool house, if you have never been u should go, it is like a museum to gluttony and why the middle class is important. It also does provide many in the area an ok job. But the parkway IS the most visited tourist attraction, sorry.
reader

Fletcher, NC

#9 Apr 6, 2009
Jugtown wrote:
ACT seems to always be pimping them but I have nothing against the biltmore house, cool house, if you have never been u should go, it is like a museum to gluttony and why the middle class is important. It also does provide many in the area an ok job. But the parkway IS the most visited tourist attraction, sorry.
No need to apologize. To each his own. Have a great day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edward Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - New Bern, NC (Aug '10) Fri Malek 33
Debate: Occupy Wall St - New Bern, NC (Nov '11) Apr 5 Smokey 8
News Lifetime of service honored (Jun '08) Mar 23 teamhill 4
Review: Siamese Kittens Mar '15 ctb 1
New to new bern Jan '15 Jonathan 1
News Holiday parades take place Saturday across the ... Dec '14 Watchful eye 1
any news on body Dec '14 littlemama 1
More from around the web

Edward People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE