How to get the bad comments taken off

How to get the bad comments taken off

Posted in the Edmonton Forum

Kindness

Glasgow, KY

#1 Nov 17, 2008
Can someone please tell me if there is a number to call to request a hurtful forum to be deleted. I know everyone must realize how hurtful some of these topics are to families. I know you would agree it is just not necessary. Truthfully, that is not what topix was intended to do. Other areas don't seem as bad. It should be discussions that serve a purpose and never to hurt others. We live in a much better place than this represents at times. Thank you.
peaches

Newburgh, IN

#2 Nov 17, 2008
Kindness wrote:
Can someone please tell me if there is a number to call to request a hurtful forum to be deleted. I know everyone must realize how hurtful some of these topics are to families. I know you would agree it is just not necessary. Truthfully, that is not what topix was intended to do. Other areas don't seem as bad. It should be discussions that serve a purpose and never to hurt others. We live in a much better place than this represents at times. Thank you.
www.topix.com ./topix/contact
number

Glasgow, KY

#3 Nov 17, 2008
The number to call is: 6.5.0.4.6.1.8.3.0.0.
girl

Cave City, KY

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Its not hard to do. go to end of page on Edmonton Forum and look for "Feedback". It will tell you what to do.
agree

Horse Cave, KY

#5 Nov 19, 2008
Kindness wrote:
I do agree with you, this is a harrasment!
You can get on here and put anything about anyone you want. This needs to stop! Let's start a petition to have topix removed.
Its Insane

Baldwin City, KS

#6 Nov 19, 2008
When i first heard of topix ..someone at work told me..I got on here to check it out and couldnt believe it ..Honestly..I couldnt believe that there was a site that you could put anybodys name and say anything on here ..Including bad and hurtful things to children ..Idk .if ..removing the whole site ..should happen ..But I do think it should be monitered very well ..There are some intelligent people on here with interesting things to say !The site just gets abused by ignorance .
Questions

Munfordville, KY

#7 Nov 19, 2008
What are you afraid of, the truth? What happened to free speech?
opinion

Glasgow, KY

#8 Nov 19, 2008
slandering someone is not free speech
Outsider

Glasgow, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2008
opinion wrote:
slandering someone is not free speech
No, it is not, however, stating the truth, even if it is embarressing or hurtful is not slander. I agree, some people have said some completly untrue things - they seem to get shut down rather quickly by those who know. There also seem to be a lot of people who just need to be more careful about how they live IF they're going to be offended when someone writes about it. My Grandma used to say "if you don't like the truth about yourself, change it." Easiest way to clean up Topix, or the community for that matter, is for each to clean up their own yard and worry a little less about their neighbors.

Since: Sep 08

Baldwin City, KS

#10 Nov 19, 2008
Outsider wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not, however, stating the truth, even if it is embarressing or hurtful is not slander. I agree, some people have said some completly untrue things - they seem to get shut down rather quickly by those who know. There also seem to be a lot of people who just need to be more careful about how they live IF they're going to be offended when someone writes about it. My Grandma used to say "if you don't like the truth about yourself, change it." Easiest way to clean up Topix, or the community for that matter, is for each to clean up their own yard and worry a little less about their neighbors.
I absolutely agree with that statement.
Questions

Munfordville, KY

#11 Nov 20, 2008
Outsider wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, you are so right.
opinion

Glasgow, KY

#12 Nov 24, 2008
You are right I have to agree with your statment about cleaning out our own yards.I do however disagree about the slander issue.It is still not freedom of speech to get on the internet and post about someone regardless if it is true or not and it is still slander.
just me

Cave City, KY

#13 Nov 24, 2008
You can click on "Report Abuse" and it is red flagged, usually removed too.
Outsider

Glasgow, KY

#14 Nov 24, 2008
"Slander - A FALSE and malicious statement that damages the reputation or well being of another."
American Heritage Dictionary.
Although, since slander is spoken and libel is written this is more applicable.

"Libel - a written statement that UNJUSTLY damages the reputation of another." Same reference.

Please note that in both cases it is the Falseness of the statement that is at issue. I repeat that persons who don't want the truth about themselves published should probably live differntly. Or move to the city where they can live any way the wish with very little notice taken by anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shive or sexton 3 hr FYI 5
Looking for a man that drives a blue Chevy truc... Thu Kerr 3
Portia Boone Wed Guess what 35
Wet/dry vote Aug 23 payback 39
mitch firkins n Tonya adams Aug 23 dewayne 53
that didnt last long Aug 21 Like 2
stray animals Aug 20 Charry Chan 4

Edmonton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance