not that old

Glasgow, KY

#162 Jun 11, 2009
chevy wrote:
Anyone knows who ran the theater at Edmonton?
I remember Phyllis Thompson's mom (I think) and perhaps Jim Walden
for a while.
Bruiser

Louisville, KY

#163 Jun 12, 2009
Mutt Gibson, father of Roger and Danny, had the barber shop on the square, in front of the pool room. He was a really good guy.
Kentucky native

United States

#165 Jun 22, 2009
What is Boots real name ?? I know his 2 brothers were Kenneth and (Roy) Kyle.
Bruiser

Louisville, KY

#166 Jun 22, 2009
Boot's name was Keith Smith. I knew him and Roy. Don't think I knew Kenneth.
Thinkin

Glasgow, KY

#167 Jun 22, 2009
Dr. carter lived in the area where the funeral home is now. He had two boys one was named Bobby. I can't remember the other one.
good times

United States

#168 Jun 22, 2009
I can remember going to the stock pen on Wed. with my grandfather in the 60's. there would be people selling fruit outside. there was a snack counter inside and we would get mexican hamburgers and orange nehi's. There would be such a crowd that cars would have to park on the side of the road all the way up the hill to town.
also, you could smoke at the high school if you had a signed note from your parents, there was even a smoking area for us.
geezer

Glasgow, KY

#169 Jun 22, 2009
Thinkin wrote:
Dr. carter lived in the area where the funeral home is now. He had two boys one was named Bobby. I can't remember the other one.
Tilden
old man

Osage City, KS

#170 Jun 22, 2009
Bruiser wrote:
Yes, Dr. Dunham. He died fairly young of a heart attack. I say fairly young, as he was only in his fifties.
I believe that he died the day after thansgiving 1959,His office was at one time upstairs of John Morans store where the libary is now, was a outside entrance.
old man

Osage City, KS

#171 Jun 22, 2009
geezer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tilden
Not where the funeral is, maby close to it but the funeral home has been there I know since early 40s it was A J Daltons then .
old man

Osage City, KS

#172 Jun 22, 2009
Bruiser wrote:
Somebody help me. I've seen a couple of posts about another theater, besides The Strand, being in Edmonton. Having grown up in Edmonton in the fifties and sixties, I do not remember another theater there in that time period. I've heard the older folks talk about another theater that was there, maybe in the thirties/forties that burned down, so it couldn't be that one. It had to be there with The Strand, if if was showing Elvis movies, but I sure don't recall one being there.
It was the SWAN was where the factory is was run By Ray Coleman.
old man

Osage City, KS

#173 Jun 22, 2009
Sunny Side Up wrote:
Remember the old Vanzant Building, and I think the name of this store was Western Auto? When I was a kid (in the 70's) I couldn't wait to go to those stores. It was like going to Toys R Us now. Our first color tv set came from Western Auto. The Vanzant Store was so big, and had so much stuff to get there also. Wish those stores were still around. Oh, and Sears, now where RJ's is at.
The Vanzant building never was western auto store , it was built for Polson and Vanzant sold tractors and farm machinery and lots of other things. they were behind where the library is now sold feed and farm supplies, before they moved to the new store.
geezer

Glasgow, KY

#174 Jun 22, 2009
old man wrote:
<quoted text>Not where the funeral is, maby close to it but the funeral home has been there I know since early 40s it was A J Daltons then .
one or two doors up the street
Bruiser

Louisville, KY

#175 Jun 23, 2009
old man wrote:
<quoted text>It was the SWAN was where the factory is was run By Ray Coleman.
The Swan was long gone by the time period I was asking about. Some of the posts read as if another theater, besides The Strand, was still operating in the late fifties and sixties.

I remember when the factory was built. Sewing machines were set up in the gym of the old school. Students couldn't use the gym until the factory was completed and the equipment moved out.
YEA

Cave City, KY

#176 Jun 23, 2009
Harlow's Hardware.
Thinkin

Glasgow, KY

#177 Jun 23, 2009
anybody remember blueberry hill not far out of town.
old man

Osage City, KS

#178 Jun 23, 2009
YEA wrote:
Harlow's Hardware.
That is where the Chev. garage was for years, don't remember when it closed.
chevy

Munfordville, KY

#179 Jun 25, 2009
Thinkin wrote:
anybody remember blueberry hill not far out of town.
Sure do,I also remember going down that hill at break neck speed.You could drive up on the hill,go up there to park and be away from the world.The sky and stars were so amazing from that spot.
chevy

Munfordville, KY

#180 Jun 25, 2009
old man wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that he died the day after thansgiving 1959,His office was at one time upstairs of John Morans store where the libary is now, was a outside entrance.
Dr. Dunham,I remember my grandmother speak of him,she said that he was a very smart doctor.He had a daughter,Rose?What happened to her,is she still in Edmonton?I remember that Rose and her husband ran a clothing store there in Edmonton.Murrell's Men Wear?
old man

Osage City, KS

#181 Jun 25, 2009
chevy wrote:
<quoted text>Dr. Dunham,I remember my grandmother speak of him,she said that he was a very smart doctor.He had a daughter,Rose?What happened to her,is she still in Edmonton?I remember that Rose and her husband ran a clothing store there in Edmonton.Murrell's Men Wear?
They still live in Edmonton, they are both in bad health , she has Alzheimers so sad..
good times

United States

#182 Jun 26, 2009
what about the large machanical moving Santa Claus that was in Western Auto at Chiristmas time? also my first bicyle came from there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Ronnie Morrison to build house 2 hr Old classmate 3
Drowning 2 hr newsman 2
Does anyone know what happened to Doodle Fancher? (Apr '09) Sun Pam 29
Larry Martin the blueberry guy Sun Sick of filth 2
Brandon Hackney (Jul '08) Sun Mistaken 22
child support tax interception (Jan '10) Sun curious76 302
lil jerry (Nov '13) Sat Shortstak93 23
More from around the web

Edmonton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE