Nana 1

Lynnwood, WA

#1 May 3, 2014
Visiting from another state I was witness to playground violence while with my 3 yr old grandson in a lynnwood apartment complex. A approximately 9 yr old boy was hit hard in the face with a pellet close range from a toy gun that looked like a machine gun from an overly aggressive playmate. He was hit hard and began crying. His friends gathered and offered support , the child who fired had no sympathy, said its part of the war game, but the other children objected saying that wasn't true, no chest or face hits. Still no sympathy or regret from other 9 yr old . The mother of aggressive child began to laugh or scoff in disbelief when hurt child cried and got on cell phone to ask parents to come for him. I was offended at all of this. Are pretend war games that involve pain if aimed poorly really accepted in lynnwood playgrounds designed for toddlers ok? Is it socially the norm for mothers to sit by and laugh when children are hurt? Who are we? Who am I , not to go and stand up for this child? I was intimidated by these unconscious , unfeeling women, I had a three year old I was more interested in protecting from a confrontation. What should or could have I done? Something for sure .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Sun anti obama 2 717
Asking for Edmonds/Lynnwood comunity help.. Sep 2 Depressed Daddy 2
John Wagner Aug 29 roert101 3
An Aug 28 Depressed Daddy 2
Family identifies body as missing Seattle girl (Oct '08) Aug 26 Louise Evans 12
Missing My Kids Aug 19 Howard Family 1
Great deal on Rhododendron at ARS Convention Aug 18 Lynn Torset 1
•••

Edmonds News Video

•••
•••

Edmonds Jobs

•••