Logan County baby death

Logan County baby death

There are 125 comments on the KFOR story from Jan 19, 2010, titled Logan County baby death. In it, KFOR reports that:

Surrounded by friends and family who were wearing purple ribbons in support, Amy Holder made her way into a Logan County courtroom for her initial appearance.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

To Those Fooled

Tulsa, OK

#43 Jan 22, 2010
My guess is the reason the investigation took so long is the DA had to rule out Mr. Holder. Now that is a whole different story unto itself.
Guthrie lynn

Anadarko, OK

#44 Jan 22, 2010
We are pretty sure that the Guthrie Lynn is really Mark C from Guthrie that lost a job from the Logan County Sherrif Departmant for hitting his own son while on duty on arrivel at a party full of drunken teens. The department just let Mark go but never heard anything about that, this guy is a real work of art!
I agree

Anadarko, OK

#45 Jan 22, 2010
I know several people that agree on that Mark C from guthrie can not trust him, plus Logan County is on of the most evil counties around very crooked and the DHS system always points the fingure, heck there own employees would not even be allow to join our own military or qualify for a job at Walmart!
A friend

Oklahoma City, OK

#46 Jan 22, 2010
To Those Fooled wrote:
Loving Family?????? I would ask the neighbors about that.
Why don't we just ask you since you seem to know her so well? I know many of her neighbors that support her and her family. Amy is INNOCENT! I am not fooled. You apparently you have been fooled.
I agree

Anadarko, OK

#47 Jan 22, 2010
Concerned wrote:
I am very concerned about the manner for which the DA's office in Logan County approached this Foster Parent situation. If there were reports of this child having problems and feeling sick, why didn't DHS follow up more closely? If there were reports, there IS a paper trail. Was there young children in the home as well? Could the 2 year old have fallen out of her crib? Could one of the young children have hit the baby? Where was the foster father that night? If there was abuse in the household, have her older children been interviewed? There are a million questions that need to be answered. This foster mother is being accused of something that she may not have done. I feel that local investigating teams should be brought in. Not someone from Indiana. That would make me question the whole accusation, and seem like the DA was just trying to close a case anyway he knew how.
From what I have seen the local was called in and seen no signs of abuse, even on arrivela of the death no signs of abuse, the State mediacl office found no signs of abuse to the child none!! Looks like a point the fingure and State cover-up!
Clearer Minds

Tulsa, OK

#48 Jan 22, 2010
One time many years ago, an old Judge told me there are two sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. I would certainly hope that this was investigated to a point that every possible stone was turned. I am glad we live in a county where we are innocent until proven guilty. I nor anyone else knows what really happened and it's not right for anyone to speculate on innocence or guilt. There was obviously enough evidence to bring it to this point. As far as the way in which law enforcement choose to take Ms. Holder into custody, I can only say one thing "SHAME ON THEM". I truly believed Edmond to be more professional. In all this we can never forget the child that lost her young life. My God bless and keep the family and give them strength to endure.
I agree

Anadarko, OK

#49 Jan 22, 2010
Observer wrote:
I was present on Friday night in OKC when Amy Holder was arrested at her daughter's gymnastics meet. I have to wonder why after one year, the authorities felt compelled to arrest her on a Friday night, in public, in front of her children. I think the circumstances and timing of her arrest give a clue to the mindset of the authorities. It appears the arrest was staged to maximize the public embarresment of Mrs. Holder with no regard for the well being of her two young daughters.
It's more than a little ironic, if not outright hypocritical that the arrest was coducted in this manner. One only had to see the anguish in the tears of her children to see that this experience will scar them for life. An experince imposed upon two innocent children by authorities that supposedly care about the welfare of children.
If they really had child welfare in their hearts, they would have arranged a self surrender or at least conducted the arrest so that her children would not have witnessed it.
It's more than difficult to give credence to the authority's claims against Mrs. Holder when they have so clearly and publicly demonstrated that they don't really care about innocent children.
AMEN!! The system is CROOKED, UNHEARTFULL, plus she had a 6 year old son by her side duing the whole thing, when the OSBI and DHS officers gave over the kids to her husband at the meet they say have a nice day , what crude idots!! I hope the system has to answer to someone, our law enforcmeents seem to not have to answer to anyone!! I hope ans wish this family well and hope they can be a reason the system get a major overhaul!!!!
I agree

Anadarko, OK

#50 Jan 22, 2010
To Those Fooled wrote:
Loving Family?????? I would ask the neighbors about that.
There is 38 homes in the edition and all are supporting the Holders and this is know fact, they all know the girl was sick or had somesort of a problem from day one as they got to see first hand each day, So the aswer id they are a VERY LOVING FAMILY AND SUPPORTED BT THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!
dawn

United States

#51 Jan 22, 2010
I don't know about this case in particular, but I do know that sometimes even though there isn't really enough evidence to charge someone with a crime, the police will manage to talk the D.A. into filing charges ANYWAY. This gives them quite a bit more leverage in the case. For example, if this woman is charged with 1st degree murder, even though very little evidence supports such a charge, it gives the prosecution leverage to lower the charges at a future date as part of a plea bargain, When they do this, it secures them a felony conviction. Taking every case to trial would bankrupt the system, which is why these pleas, or "twisted arm blackmail deals" are so often offered. If the person is truly guilty, then I guess it would be a good thing for them to take a plea.
If they aren't guilty, but take the plea anyway due to being so psychologically worn down, then it is forever on paper that they "admitted" to guilt.
Also, the more arrests/citations a police officer has under his belt, the more he's glorified as a "crime stopper". How he managed to secure the arrest, of course, is irrelevent. Note sarcasm.
I agree

Anadarko, OK

#52 Jan 22, 2010
Lynn wrote:
I know for a fact that Amy's own parents took her and Mike (her husband) to court over allegations of that their oldest granddaughter was being abused. There was a deal reached and her oldest daughter went to live with Amy's parents. I don't know if Amy is innocent or guilty, but I do know there are 2 sides to the Holders and one of them is not very nice. Are you going to threaten to sue me too Mike?
I do not know if Mike would sue you but remember people have to pay for things they say to others when in fact they do not know first hand as I am sure you do not know the fact son her oldest daughter. The reason I know is that I am the Grandfather and there was no deal reached, all partyies were trying to help a youg girl with problems, so since you not know the facts, your door bell will ring soon with papers ans you will be served!
Puzzled

Tulsa, OK

#53 Jan 22, 2010
How do you know who to serve papers to? That is interesting.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#54 Jan 22, 2010
HURRAY for Grandfather!! Thank you for coming forward.

It is so sad to see so many judgemental people who trade in gossip, rumor, and outright lies. They are so ready, all too ready to blast Amy who is obviously a total stranger to them.

Even sader too think our "justice" system relies on people like this to sit on juries.

The benefit of the doubt, and there seems to be alot of doubt in this case, should go to Amy.

I come from a family that adopted seven children and raised four foster children. Although there are rare exceptions; I know from experience that parents who sacrifice so much of themselves to help orphaned and foster children are by their very nature, loving and kind people. The Holders sound by all accounts, like loving parents who have experienced along with Naomi, a terrible tradegy... compounded more by these charges... and even more by the cruel comments I've read here.

I will keep your family in my prayers.
Lynn

Edmond, OK

#55 Jan 22, 2010
ROFL! I'm not Mark, but I will tell him you said hello and what a great admirer you are.
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griffin/NEWS9/ ...
MudVolleyball

Edmond, OK

#56 Jan 23, 2010
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know if Mike would sue you but remember people have to pay for things they say to others when in fact they do not know first hand as I am sure you do not know the fact son her oldest daughter. The reason I know is that I am the Grandfather and there was no deal reached, all partyies were trying to help a youg girl with problems, so since you not know the facts, your door bell will ring soon with papers ans you will be served!
If you are the "grandfather", your other posted comments don't lend themselves to a grandfather relationship/response regarding this family. As a grandfather, I would also hope you would know how to spell and put words into context.
BC Stillwater

Morocco, IN

#57 Jan 23, 2010
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not the Grandfather and your posts have caused threats on Grandfather. Payne County and OSBI law enforcement are investigating and KFOR IT department is tracking your IP address and computer tracks to determone who you are. KFOR will be removing this news story to prevent you and other from doing more harm to this family.
think

Axtell, TX

#58 Jan 24, 2010
Team Naomi wrote:
Sit at wake for the child with Family and Friends and you couldn't help but notice the terrible Bruises on that Baby, the Make-up couldn't even hide it. If that lady didn't do it someone in that house took the Baby's Precious life. I have her pic on cell phone and you can see the bruises.Whoever did the UnThinkable,should spend the rest of your life in Prison.That Baby in no way put those deep bruises on herself,PERIOD!!!!!
Has everyone lost sight of the reason the child was taken from her entire family....was there not one fit person from the FAMILY that could raise this child? Have you ever thought the bruises and internal injuries could be from a person frantically performing CPR, or would you just rather blame someone else because that poor child's biological family didn't care enough to keep her?
think

Burnet, TX

#59 Jan 24, 2010
think wrote:
<quoted text>
Has everyone lost sight of the reason the child was taken from her entire family....was there not one fit person from the FAMILY that could raise this child? Have you ever thought the bruises and internal injuries could be from a person frantically performing CPR, or would you just rather blame someone else because that poor child's biological family didn't care enough to keep her?
another question is the supposed bruise on the baby's back. Could it possibly be a "monglolian spot" that a majority of american indian children have from birth throughout their childhood. This spot can be easily mistaken for child abuse if an examiner is not familiar with this trait. My Prayers are with Naomi and the Holder family. Hopefully Amy is not being held accountable for pre-existing trauma on this poor baby.
one 4 na - na

Meno, OK

#60 Jan 27, 2010
We all must face the fact that this innocent baby girl life was taking while in the custody of Amy Holder.A crime of child abuse was committed in that family by some one in that family.Bruises just dont happen in seconds. I know the biological parents and us loved little na-na the nickname that was given to her from all that loved her. I look at your picture and see a beautiful innocent baby girl that didnt have to died the way did by the hands of a person that had problem different nationalities. R.I.P. Little Na-Na
think

Burnet, TX

#61 Jan 27, 2010
one 4 na - na wrote:
We all must face the fact that this innocent baby girl life was taking while in the custody of Amy Holder.A crime of child abuse was committed in that family by some one in that family.Bruises just dont happen in seconds. I know the biological parents and us loved little na-na the nickname that was given to her from all that loved her. I look at your picture and see a beautiful innocent baby girl that didnt have to died the way did by the hands of a person that had problem different nationalities. R.I.P. Little Na-Na
It is so sad that little Naomi passed, but how do you know without a doubt that this was a result of Amy or anyone in her house? Everyone is quick to judge, with no basis...try to put yourself in the other person's shoes....wouldn't you want the chance to defend yourself? There is no doubt that the Biological family loved this child, but WHY did not one person from the family step up to take this child in? None of us know if there was a pre-existing condition, since this poor baby was moved around so much....ofcourse any person involved with this little Angel is going to say everything was normal with her, because they don't want to be implicated....I have to think, WHY was the baby taken away again after being in the rehab center with her mother? This poor little girl was moved from place to place and yes she was with Amy when she passed, BUT, we don't know what happened BEFORE she was placed with the Holders. Why did the DA have to go to an outside Medical Examiner? Sounds like Amy is the skape goat in all of this....This child was let down first by her biological family, then the Child Protection Services....there is no telling what all has happened to this baby in her short precious life...but for you and anyone else to judge Amy without knowing her,or the facts is wrong.... and how do you know she had a problem with different nationalities? Everyone is so quick to judge, but like I said before, "Why did not one person from the biological family step in to get Naomi out of CPS, why was Naomi not given back to her biological parent after rehab? Instead of persecuting Ms. Holder, ask yourself why YOU didn't intervene for Naomi, so she would never have been in DHS custody in the first place.
anon

United States

#62 Jan 28, 2010
To Think: Once a child is in the clutches of DHS, it is pretty much up to their whim on whether or not a family member can take that baby. I don't know anything about this case in particular, but I am well educated on the dealings of CPS in general. Many can and do get put with family, but some caseworkers are stubborn about that, or they misuse their power, for whatever reason. I know of one caseworker who would go around inspecting a house, and no matter how emaculate and perfect the house looked, the family STILL couldn't get approval. She would literally sweep a gloved hand across everything, and if she found even ONE speck of dust, she wouldn't allow the child to be placed. She simply didnt' want the family to have the kid, and was determined to do whatever she could to make sure they didn't get custody.

A great deal of DHS workers are simply crackwhores who couldn't get a job working anywhere else, because they are so messed up. One such place is the DHS office in Mayes County, Ok. The vast majority wear long sleeves in the summertime, and have even had their drug scandal posted in the paper. blackmail and dirty dealing run rampant. When someone with enough money and clout faced them down a few years ago, they ran like cowards.

Here's my point: If that kind of filthy, dirty dealing is at work in ONE county office, then God only knows what is going on in all the others. So it might not be fair to say that the family wasn't TRYING to get this child. But also keep in mind that the types of families that lose their children to begin with don't often themselves sprout from the drug free types either. The other family might be every bit as messed up as them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
con man loose in your area be aware... (May '15) Aug 17 another angry mom 5
Kimberly Lavonne Cox Aug 16 Jamie Dundee 12
robert bramlet does anyone know this co... (May '15) Aug 15 Angry friend 2
Philadelphia Church of God way overboard with i... (Apr '10) Jul '16 TheOneWhoPonders 68
Philadelphia church of God discriminates!!!. Jul '16 HONEBODY 4
found dog (Jul '13) Jul '16 Missingminnieandchex 2
Laing Morey Ho Ho Ho-Slut Jun '16 Jamie Dunee 4

Edmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edmond Mortgages