Haunted Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, Ok...

Haunted Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, Oklahoma

There are 45 comments on the BellaOnline story from Sep 17, 2008, titled Haunted Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, Oklahoma. In it, BellaOnline reports that:

Guthrie, Oklahoma was the home of F.E. Houghton, the wealthy founder of Cotton Oil Company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BellaOnline.

Drugs are bad______Omkay

United States

#21 Jan 17, 2010
Evans wrote:
<quoted text>
You should watch it buddy. Guthrie is my home and I find it to be full of wonderfull and polite people. Calling us "possessed" is really going to far! You should be so lucky as me not call Guthrie HOME.
Gibber Goober Goo and the CoOkIe BeAr TOO! You are from edmond you liar!!!!!!
Gene Riley

Haralson, GA

#22 Jan 17, 2010
The problem with Guthrie is that humongeous eye sore called Masonic Temple. There is probably a Chief Demon over that abomination that affects the whole town.
Fred Buck

United States

#23 Jan 21, 2010
Racoon wrote:
I truely believe the whole town of Guthrie is possessed and haunted because of that Masonic Temple. I always get an strange feeling when I am in that town and have had many others express the same thing.
I understand, have you ever been to Cushing?
PCharboneau

Edmond, OK

#24 Aug 25, 2010
First of all, Guthrie is a really nice town. I moved there in October 2009 and I still love it. The only thing I hate is the Walmart, but that's another story. However, I have lived in small towns before and Guthrie is a typical small town. Try being real friendly to the residents and they will be friendly to you.

As for the Stone Lion Inn, I have never stayed there, but I stopped by to look at it. I was greatly disappointed that it doesn't look as good in person as the website shows. It is really run down.
WestSide

Oklahoma City, OK

#25 Sep 10, 2010
Lived in Guthrie for a long time. Whole town is spooked. Watch out.
Mr X

Earlsboro, OK

#26 Sep 20, 2010
Lived here for a long time, would like to kill some spooks?
PCharboneau

Edmond, OK

#27 Sep 21, 2010
I don't think the whole town is haunted. Maybe the west side is, over the bridge on Noble. That side has the Stone Lion Inn and the old hospital, which is being investigated by a paranormal team. The east side has an old orphange that has been converted to a wedding "chapel." Funny enough, the orphanage is at the end of Elm Street. LOL
Rebecca

Guthrie, OK

#28 Oct 11, 2010
PCharboneau wrote:
First of all, Guthrie is a really nice town. I moved there in October 2009 and I still love it. The only thing I hate is the Walmart, but that's another story. However, I have lived in small towns before and Guthrie is a typical small town. Try being real friendly to the residents and they will be friendly to you.
As for the Stone Lion Inn, I have never stayed there, but I stopped by to look at it. I was greatly disappointed that it doesn't look as good in person as the website shows. It is really run down.
I am the owner of the Stone Lion Inn. I am sorry u see it as run down. If you notice we have scafolding up and are actually replacing much of the old trim work. It is very expensive to do so and I have been working on it as money allows. If you will call our office we would be delighted to let you go inside on Saturday morning from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. This is the only time I can be sure someone will be available for you.I think you will be very surprised. I would really like to meet you. Please call our office when you plan to come so I will also be there.
Rebecca
Owner/Innkeeper
Stone Lion Inn
www.stonelioninnphotoalbum.com
PCharboneau

Edmond, OK

#29 Oct 12, 2010
That is very generous of you. I would love to take you up on that, but it will need to be after October, as I will be very busy this month.

See! I told you the people in Guthrie are nice!
TV junkie

Union City, OK

#30 Oct 13, 2010
My girlfriends & I stayed there a couple of weekends ago and had a great time. I actually live near Guthrie and for our "girls weekend" we decided to do the murder mystery @ the Stone Lion Inn. We didn't stay in the inn, we were in the cottage across the street, & other than spooking ourselves we had a fantastic time. The food was amazing, the murder mystery was a little different, but we had fun. The staff was super friendly, we've already decided we're going to do it again in the spring.
Any updates

Oklahoma City, OK

#31 Jul 26, 2011
I was wondering if anybody has had any experiences there recently? I'd really like to go, but it's pretty expensive considering you take a risk of being treated the way some of these other posters were. Seems to have very mixed reviews, I'm just looking for info on if the place has improved?
Independent

Oklahoma City, OK

#32 Aug 31, 2011
Weird town with lots of strange weird people. Don,t get any dental or medical work done there or you,ll be sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.
PCharboneau

Edmond, OK

#33 Aug 31, 2011
While I have had bad experiences with Gental Dental and Logan Medical Center, not all the dental services, or vision services, are bad. Vision Source is really good if you need an eye exam or glasses. Dr. Lewis Turney is a good dentist and I was very happy with him and his staff. Remember that Guthrie is a typical small Oklahoma town. Most of those people have grown up together and know each other. When they meet someone they don't know, they can be a little "quiet." If you are friendly and engage them in conversations, they can be friendly in return. I've found that to be typically true in any small Oklahoma town.
Inskeep

Oklahoma City, OK

#34 Oct 24, 2011
Well stay away from Dentist James Seamens he has ripped of my cousin and a friend of mine and I don't think they are making it up.
Use to live in Guthrie

Yukon, OK

#35 Nov 1, 2012
Racoon wrote:
I truely believe the whole town of Guthrie is possessed and haunted because of that Masonic Temple. I always get an strange feeling when I am in that town and have had many others express the same thing.

I totally agree! I'm so glad you said this. I thought my family and I were just crazy
nanny Brenda

United States

#36 Feb 1, 2013
we have just moved to Guthrie temporarily and I think it is beautiful with the old buildings restored ,I can't wait to visit the museums and antique shops and so far everyone I have met seems friendly
Sound off

Oklahoma City, OK

#37 Feb 16, 2013
PCharboneau wrote:
While I have had bad experiences with Gental Dental and Logan Medical Center, not all the dental services, or vision services, are bad. Vision Source is really good if you need an eye exam or glasses. Dr. Lewis Turney is a good dentist and I was very happy with him and his staff. Remember that Guthrie is a typical small Oklahoma town. Most of those people have grown up together and know each other. When they meet someone they don't know, they can be a little "quiet." If you are friendly and engage them in conversations, they can be friendly in return. I've found that to be typically true in any small Oklahoma town.
I was treated quite well at the hospital. I think it has to do with the doctor on call that day. Dentist Seemens really is one to stay away from though,I,ve heard that from several different people. He apparently does the bait and switch tactic. Give the patient the price for a certain treatment then jack it up the day of the service. I don,t know if he is still practicing cause he getting pretty old.
Amy Dillon

United States

#38 May 27, 2013
Bird Dog wrote:
Those so-called "orb's" are nothing more than dust particles floating in the air. Let me guess, the recorder was a magnetic tape model? If so all you heard were residuals of a prior use for the tape, happens all the time with those antiques lol!
I have lived there for 33 years and and I hear stuff and people walking. People has called my name out and no one is there but me. Drinking glass will fall pictures will fall. Doors will open by them selfs. I live on Springer st in Guthrie ok. So if you don't believe Guthrie is haunted you should stay there for a night or two and see for your self.
Amy Dillon

United States

#39 May 27, 2013
Independent wrote:
Weird town with lots of strange weird people. Don,t get any dental or medical work done there or you,ll be sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.
yes you are so right. I have lived in Guthrie for 33 years now and the Guthrie hospital they don't no what there doing. They will kill you. In 1989 my mom gave birth there to my youngest sister and they all most killed my mom!! That's they they don't let you have babies there any more. The only one that is the best there is Robin Johnson!! She is on the other side of the hospital.
Amy Dillon

United States

#40 May 27, 2013
PCharboneau wrote:
I don't think the whole town is haunted. Maybe the west side is, over the bridge on Noble. That side has the Stone Lion Inn and the old hospital, which is being investigated by a paranormal team. The east side has an old orphange that has been converted to a wedding "chapel." Funny enough, the orphanage is at the end of Elm Street. LOL
yes they hole town of Guthrie is haunted. I live on Springer st. So your wrong about the hole town not being haunted. I don't live on the west side

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philadelphia Church of God way overboard with i... (Apr '10) 6 hr HOMEBODY 67
Laing Morey Ho Ho Ho-Slut Jun 27 Jamie Dunee 4
Kimberly Lavonne Cox Jun 23 Tiffany Pitts is ... 10
Philadelphia church of God discriminates!!!. Jun 21 anony 2
Colins Strickland is a Moron (Dec '15) Jun 20 Jamie Dundee 2
Orrin "Julian" Tiffany - BEWARNED CHILD MOLESTE... (May '11) Jun 14 Wally 6
Chuck Coleman (Feb '15) Jun 1 Scammed 29

Edmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance