Schools remove X-Wave playground equi...

Schools remove X-Wave playground equipment after death

There are 10 comments on the TulsaWorld.com - Community story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Schools remove X-Wave playground equipment after death. In it, TulsaWorld.com - Community reports that:

Many school districts across Oklahoma have rushed to remove or are considering removal of teeter-totter-like playground equipment called the X-Wave after a 9-year-old Wyandotte girl was fatally injured while playing on one last Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TulsaWorld.com - Community.

Lee

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Aug 25, 2010
Really dumb... One kid gets killed out of the hundreds that play on this equipment and boy we have to "shut it down". You can't protect these kids from everything. They don't even know why she died...Of course it will be a great lawsuit for the parents. Not to mention some lawyer who will make many dollars too.
Kids have died in accidents since the beginning of time. It is part of life. You can't protect everyone from everything. Maybe we should just all stay in our homes and not do anything. Of course then again a airplane could fall on you. NOTHING IS SAFE...
File this story under: WHO CARES !!!!!
Eric

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 3, 2010
I agree you can't protect your kids from everything but you can use some common since and remove the equipment that caused it till the reason is found! Yes you do need to try and protect younger kids as much as possible because they are all we have and they are the future. I just wonder if you have any kids Lee. I say remove the play ground equipment and save a life cause one life can make a difference in the world and who else is going to protect are children!
Stephe

Dallas, TX

#3 Sep 3, 2010
I agree with Eric! Are kids are all we have and I think their is nothing wrong with being over protective! I wonder if Lee even cares about kids or life!
Eric

Fort Smith, AR

#5 Sep 4, 2010
Natural selection, whatever.. I call it stupidity so get a life then maybe you will understand!
Adelphos Portucolus

Orem, UT

#7 Oct 28, 2010
Eric has a good point, but this is the reason people are getting rid of our kids' playground equipment. Our kids need to develop a good sense of play outdoors to become fully adjusted adults, and we have to put that into consideration as well as their safety. We shouldn't go too far.

http://www.playland-inc.com
Chris

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Oct 28, 2010
wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to school. then they can take turns jumping off the school
LoritoBandito

Edmond, OK

#9 Oct 28, 2010
Lee wrote:
Really dumb... One kid gets killed out of the hundreds that play on this equipment and boy we have to "shut it down". You can't protect these kids from everything. They don't even know why she died...Of course it will be a great lawsuit for the parents. Not to mention some lawyer who will make many dollars too.
Kids have died in accidents since the beginning of time. It is part of life. You can't protect everyone from everything. Maybe we should just all stay in our homes and not do anything. Of course then again a airplane could fall on you. NOTHING IS SAFE...
Uh, yes we do know what happened.....The 4th grader and several children were on the X-wave when she fell off the section of the equipment that was in the air. As Alyssa rose to get back on the X-wave, the section that was now coming down struck her head, knocking her to the ground. Medical workers that came to the school say that she was in cardiac arrest when they arrived.

Kids fall off equipment all the time and with this piece, the poor kid didn't even have a chance to get out of the way, so you can bet this could happen again. I'll bet if it was YOUR kid, you'd want it gone.
LoritoBandito

Edmond, OK

#10 Oct 28, 2010
Adelphos Portucolus wrote:
Eric has a good point, but this is the reason people are getting rid of our kids' playground equipment. Our kids need to develop a good sense of play outdoors to become fully adjusted adults, and we have to put that into consideration as well as their safety. We shouldn't go too far.
http://www.playland-inc.com
Kids can develop a good sense of play outdoors without an X-wave. They didn't have such a thing when I was a kid and I managed to play on monkey bars, swings, etc.- All of which a child COULD get hurt on, but not to the extent that if you fall off, the thing comes down on you and kills you.
LoritoBandito

Edmond, OK

#11 Oct 28, 2010
What in the world? This site put xxx's over the word M o n k e y???? Since when is monkey a curse word?
Alyssas sister

Atwater, CA

#12 Dec 27, 2011
Lee wrote:
Wow what if this was your child how would you feel.. If you didn't care why would you come on here and even reply. Your a poor excuse for a human being.. You should be ashamed of yourself. She died from a severe head trauma.. you don't even know the story so SHUT UP until you know what your talking about you loser.. Your are heartless and self centered.. File yourself under piece of sh*t person..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God now approves of the Gay lifestyle! (Jul '13) Fri ChooChoo 2
Edmond utility bills Fri Angry Edmond Dude 1
con man loose in your area be aware... (May '15) Aug 17 another angry mom 5
Kimberly Lavonne Cox Aug 16 Jamie Dundee 12
robert bramlet does anyone know this co... (May '15) Aug 15 Angry friend 2
Philadelphia Church of God way overboard with i... (Apr '10) Jul '16 TheOneWhoPonders 68
Philadelphia church of God discriminates!!!. Jul '16 HONEBODY 4

Edmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edmond Mortgages