First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Curious”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#123 Apr 3, 2011
Thank you!!!
About Roaches and Bugs, They don't trouble us as much as they are troubling you. Infact the first time i experienced them is when i stayed for week in an apartment in Jersey City (Never in my home in India). I had to move away from there.
lmfao

Freehold, NJ

#124 Apr 6, 2011
I lol'ed.
tell it like it is

New Bedford, MA

#125 May 18, 2011
suzt wrote:
Thank you!!!
About Roaches and Bugs, They don't trouble us as much as they are troubling you. Infact the first time i experienced them is when i stayed for week in an apartment in Jersey City (Never in my home in India). I had to move away from there.
For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads. Most of us have naively thought this was connected with tradition or religion, but the Indian embassy in Ottawa has recently revealed the true story. When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union. On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop, a taxi cab, or a motel in the United States . If nothing is there, he must remain in India to answer telephones and provide us with technical advice.
Gee am I an individual

Hackensack, NJ

#126 Jun 7, 2011
~"dave"-They work harder!? That is just some kind of generalization and B.S. please. The Indians come here with lots of cash and are already rich and educated in their own country. They are coming here to get more stuff."~

Oh yeah that makes sense, they are "already rich", that's why they work hard at gas stations, and Walmart, etc. That must be why they try to get an education while working two jobs.....to make more money.
YOU are BS. Most of them do not have money. But they do work hard to make all that money you see. Little do you know how many jobs they have and what they sacrifice so their kids can have better lives here.
I agree with lots of people here, many do not assimilate. And it sucks for the white people as well as the other brown people in edison, since the white people just class us all in one freakin group. Gee, it's not like we are individuals or anything. I try to stay away from some of the non-assimilating brown people, they make me cringe. But really, to class all brown people together is plain idiotic.

“Curious”

Location hidden

#127 Jun 11, 2011
Yes generalizing is bad. Brown, white, black.... I think it is an individual decision whether we want to stay back or come here to USA. Before 2006, it seemed a very good idea. Now-a-days.... i am not sure.
Gee am I an individual wrote:
~"dave"-They work harder!? That is just some kind of generalization and B.S. please. The Indians come here with lots of cash and are already rich and educated in their own country. They are coming here to get more stuff."~
Oh yeah that makes sense, they are "already rich", that's why they work hard at gas stations, and Walmart, etc. That must be why they try to get an education while working two jobs.....to make more money.
YOU are BS. Most of them do not have money. But they do work hard to make all that money you see. Little do you know how many jobs they have and what they sacrifice so their kids can have better lives here.
I agree with lots of people here, many do not assimilate. And it sucks for the white people as well as the other brown people in edison, since the white people just class us all in one freakin group. Gee, it's not like we are individuals or anything. I try to stay away from some of the non-assimilating brown people, they make me cringe. But really, to class all brown people together is plain idiotic.

“Curious”

Location hidden

#128 Jun 11, 2011
Nice joke, but not true. If i say dowry system is not there in India, i will be wrong. this does not mean everybody takes it. it is coming down like anything.
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
For centuries, Hindu women have worn a dot on their foreheads. Most of us have naively thought this was connected with tradition or religion, but the Indian embassy in Ottawa has recently revealed the true story. When a Hindu woman gets married, she brings a dowry into the union. On her wedding night, the husband scratches off the dot to see whether he has won a convenience store, a gas station, a donut shop, a taxi cab, or a motel in the United States . If nothing is there, he must remain in India to answer telephones and provide us with technical advice.
tell it like it is

New Bedford, MA

#129 Jun 12, 2011
suzt wrote:
<quoted text>Nice joke, but not true. If i say dowry system is not there in India, i will be wrong. this does not mean everybody takes it. it is coming down like anything.
Thank you my friend Suzt. This was not a joke. I was told this by a friend of a friend who lives in Canada. Thought it was true. Glad you cleared it up for me.
Billy

United States

#130 Jul 26, 2011
Yea, most of the white people in my neighborhood left because of the dotheads. They are very rude ignorant people who think they are better than everyone else. U tried giving the dotheads a chance, but they are what they are Now, my property value continues to decline because most white people no longer want to live in Edison. The only people who will buy my house are dotheads whom are trying to lowball me.
tell it like it is

New Bedford, MA

#131 Jul 28, 2011
Billy wrote:
Yea, most of the white people in my neighborhood left because of the dotheads. They are very rude ignorant people who think they are better than everyone else. U tried giving the dotheads a chance, but they are what they are Now, my property value continues to decline because most white people no longer want to live in Edison. The only people who will buy my house are dotheads whom are trying to lowball me.
How true. I saw Edison going down hill
12 years ago when I moved out of North Edison. The town was a disaster then cause of the Dot Heads and it has got worse since then. They destroyed a great town.
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#132 Jun 25, 2014
edisonisgreat wrote:
They come here to work hard while we sit around and complain. Just look at the difference between the immigrant rich North Edison and the more white South Edison. North Edison is richer, cleaner and has much better schools despite having the same exact school system.
Now, if I'm a white person with enough money to live in North Edison would I rather live in South Edison simply because more white people live there? I don't think so.
If you want to live in a country of all white people, move to Iceland. Otherwise, welcome to America.
Why would I want to live in an all-white country when I myself am a person of color? What I do want is a society where people have respect for neighbors, give thought to how their conduct impacts those around them."Welcome to America" is just my point. America welcomed you, now fit in. Many things done where you came from are not acceptable here. Dirty habits, weird smells.

I still enjoy spicy food in an Indian restaurant. But I make sure that smells offensive to people here are erased. I still enjoy calypso music from Trinidad where I grew up. There's a large Indian population in the Caribbean. Roti, dalpuri, good stuff.

My point is that I don't grate on locals' nerves. I speak good English, open doors for ladies, practise hygeine. And yes, I would mow my lawn if I had one. I have had really annoying experiences with some of those old-style Indians who don't use deodorants and try to haggle down prices. And if anyone wants to call me an Uncle Tom, fine.
Samantha

Carteret, NJ

#133 Jul 5, 2014
"Good English"... really? If your trying to tell people you speak English well at least make that part of your rant grammatically correct.
Educated Guy

Danville, CA

#134 Jul 15, 2014
Lets talk one issues at a time.

Deodorant,

what is in it and who needs it.
Everyone whose body temperature rises due begins to sweat to cool down the body so as to maintain the temp.
Deodorant has antiperspirant in them, which makes you stop sweating, with so many chemicals trying to get inside your body and acts against nature. They become toxins reacting with other chemicals and finally they become Cancer, and we wonder why got cancer

People who come in close contact with other people needs to smell good so that they will look to appear clean. Just because you smell good doesn't mean you are clean. Most of people here are to trying to get the other person in bed, which is why this is a must, inspite of all these bad side effects.

Most of indians dont care to use deo's because they are not here to try to get people in to their beds, they are family oriented.But second gen Indians have same exact lifestyle of americans , so is other immigrant communities.

This is just one example of living a bad lifestyle of using so many chemicals in day to day life, which leads so many types of cancers in this country, this is cancer capital of the world believe it or not. Why is such a developed and a clean country has so many types of cancers, autism,Alzheimer etc.
just think once, the most educated, the most cleanest woman (White american woman in all of your perspective) why does breast cancer is number 1 issue here in the most developed country in the world, so called third world country does not have breast cancer, prostate cancer etc...

The food that indians eat and the lifestyle they lead is so primitive and healthy , which is why not so many of them have cancers. Over there food is considered as medicine. They dont even get seasonal allergies.

I want educated americans to respond and say what is american culture and what is american way of living, day to day, so we can have a meaningful converstation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edison Indian Community Welcomes India&#x27;s P... Sep 29 Dirty People 1
Edison's police chief: $200,000 in renovations,... Sep 29 taxpayer 4
Edison Restores Its 'Free Leaf Bag Program' for... Sep 29 taxpayer 1
Anesh, Barletta, White: South Plainfield Comes ... Sep 25 marian 1
Quick Chek Gas Station Project Gets the Green L... Sep 23 marian 4
commander selvam- swamij selvam siddhar is our ... (Jul '13) Sep 20 paru aachi pundai... 13
Joe Sorrentino Withdraws From Borough Council Race Sep 18 Joe loser 1

Edison News Video

Edison Dating
Find my Match

Edison Jobs

Edison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Edison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Edison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]