People still live in Edison???
edison sucks

AOL

#24 Oct 6, 2008
I agree with Mel & many others on here.
edison sucks

AOL

#25 Oct 6, 2008
Thats so damn true with the coupons in shoprite & how they profit. Find a better job??? Yea if they will hire us! ahh I got better things to do I could say so much more on her. Edison has gone to shit. A shame and disgrace. Its only going to get worse!!!!!!!!! Have Fun!!!
SAT

Long Beach, NY

#26 Oct 12, 2008
Those who hate others have themselves to lose since they are never at peace, fuming and fretting and losing their energy which they should use in productive work.
In Awe

Newark, NJ

#27 Oct 12, 2008
I love reading blogs because you get the true sense of the ugly underbelly of our society. I live in a very affluent section of Somerset County, yet not too far from a trailer park. I believe you all may call the residents white trash. Cars on the lawn. Trash everywhere. No aspirations for a better life and they're breeding the generations behind them to be the same. I don't live too far from Trenton and I don't have to tell you what that's like....I lock my doors as I ride through. New Brunswick and Bergen County?? Forget it, it's Central America. I could rant on about how spicy food eating, strange clothes wearing, poor people have overrun our towns. But is that the reality of things? No, because that's what makes our economy work AND by the way, a normal byproduct of capitalism. I focus on myself and what I can give back to society. Do you realize that it's because of the over achieving Asian population that NJ has one of the highest per capita incomes in the country? Who makes up the majority of our tech and science industries? Think about who the top achievers in math and science were in your classes. Meanwhile the out of touch White kids go tanning, buy ungodly amounts of overpriced jeans and curse at their parents. Your government is giving out foreign scholarships like beaded necklaces at Mardi Gras because our kids don't have the same work ethic and fortitude. We can't compete in the global market because we're paying for our kids to go to pricy schools to get drunk and high!! But I digress. I own 2 businesses (a non-profit and a retail business), but managed to worked for the Department of Treasury for 7 years investigating tax evaders and non-compliant business owners. Guess who the most refractory offenders are? Whites. Guess who the most diligent taxpayers are? Asians. They're thankful of their position here and show it by actually filing and paying their taxes on time, while the million dollar Joe Blow's of NJ think it's their God given right to pocket trust taxes that should go to improving our infrastructure. But why not? They'll hire some big shot attorney to "Jew" down the state for money his client stole from NJ citizens. Or better yet, wait for the government to bail them out with billions of taxpayer dollars after they've "cooked the books" and give out million dollar bonuses to top management. Let's be careful of making blanket statements. No one says anything about white folks who clan together with little Black-face lawn jockey statues, right? What about the KKK in Washington Township and Monmouth County? When I was in grad school, whites were the most unhelpful, treacherous students you could ever meet. I didn’t see why when it's evident that white privilege is what this country prides itself on, and then pats ignorant people like Mel on the back for spewing bigotry that is really a manifestation of his/her own self loathing. Are you mad Mel that Asians are taking what should "rightfully" be yours? Then work for it, and don't complain about immigrants taking the menial jobs you or your bratty kids won't do. And certainly don't complain that they can achieve the academic success that you won't dare to accomplish. I can see how it would cut you to shreds. How about you teach your kids manners, humility, and a good history lesson. We're all immigrants here except for the Native Americans we slaughtered to claim it. So you don't like the way Indians smell??? Hand them a bar of soap and shut up. I actually pulled an Indian friend aside to tell her of her body odor and she was appreciative of my approach. The only way we can change things is through open, mature discourse. Go to a town hall meeting, join your local chamber of commerce, start a business, run for PTA and be the solution. So until you start making your own furniture, producing solid cars and well constructed clothes, building your own homes and manicuring your own lawns, please refrain from making asinine comments and spare us all.
Cheech in KY

North Reading, MA

#28 Oct 16, 2008
I left Edison and the Republik of Jersey 3 years ago and have never been happier. My wife and I bought a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house with 1 acre of land and no neighbors whatsoever for 105K. My mortgage payment (including principal, homeowners insurance and real estate taxes is $670.00 a month. That's the absolute truth. Taxes in the Republik of Jersey are going to continue to rise because the last I heard, there are more people leaving than there are coming in. Someone's gonna have to make up the shortfall. Good Luck.
A TAX PAYING Indian

New York, NY

#29 Oct 24, 2008
If Indians are poor how is it that they can build theses McMansions. Don't get jealous because you can't afford it. Yes we may be sending 7 kids to school and have 13 people live in 1 house, but unlike you guys we don't go on welfare. We earn enough to support a family of 13. How many Indian bums do you see on the street.
A TAX PAYING Indian

New York, NY

#30 Oct 24, 2008
Hey Melvin....Hopefully you've left Edison since you hate it. Why don't you move to Camden.
Reese

New York, NY

#31 Oct 31, 2008
I think it would be wise if you returned to school and learn to speak/write proper English before you write such an offensive blog. I'm not even Indian and I find this to be truly distasteful.
melanie wrote:
yes, unforentally we still live here in edison nj. i love this place, the school systems are amazing, the stores, malls, but everyone is escaping because our town is being over runned by dirty poor indians. its no longer edison it's bombay. you open your door and you smell curry. you drive down the street there are men wearing white curtain dresses. you read in the local paper that their was a huge protest last year that because the indian day paraders were told by police to clean the streets which they completely trashed was racist and discrimination and looked at the chef of police and told him "in my country in indian your a second class citizen, the lowest of the low=i dont have to listen to you" that same man was on the news and on a rampage until he was arrested for being here illegally for ten years and milking the unemployment offices.
call me racist, call me an ass i honestly dont care i tell things as it is and i tell the truth our town is being ruined by low class indians who have 13 family members in one house and pay one tax. who reck our homes and build huge mcmanisons, send 7 children to our public schools which are now completely over crowded, and they refuse to pay any taxes. i wish i had the money to leave.
EDISON SUCKS

AOL

#32 Nov 8, 2008
EXCUSE ME INDIAN TAXPAYER. NOT ONLY ARE YOU PEOPLE ON WLEFARE BUT FOODSTAMPS TOO!!! THEN AT THE SUPERMARKET WHEN YOUR WELFARE CARD DOES NOT GO THROUGH...THEEEEENNN YOU PULL OUT 1 OF YOUR 3 CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS WITH A HIGH BALANCES!!! I'V SEEN IT LINE AND THEN YOU ARGUE WITH THE CASHIER WHEN YOU COME INTO THE STORE WITH JUST COUPONS THAT YOU ROB FROM THE SUNDAY INSERTS AGTER YOU TRY TO SCAM THE STORE AND CONFUSE THE COMPUTER WITH WRONG ITEMS THEN WHEN CAUGHT YOU LEAVE THE ITEMS RIGHT THERE WALK OUT! INGORANT AND RUDE! AND PAY FOR NOTHING FOR MOST OF THE ITEMS THAT DID GO THROUGH THANKS TO THE STOLEN COUPONS.. TURN AROUND AND SELL THEM AT YOUR LITTLE MINI MART? JEALUS? OF WHAT???
EDISON IS A DUMP

AOL

#33 Nov 8, 2008
how do you like the house you bought with the 10-30 YEAR +/- mortgage and the market values is dropping LOL!!!!
EDISON IS A DUMP

AOL

#34 Nov 8, 2008
NEW HUGE MALL GETTING BUILT AT VINYARD? Menlo park mall does not have enough frigant crime there and traffic...EDISON
approved yet another mall.... boy IS the crime rates really gonna sky rocket now FOR EDISON,NJ
I COULD GO ON & ON ABOUT EDISON. ITS GOT SOME GOOD TO IT. BUT MORE BAD.
Edison resident

AOL

#35 Nov 8, 2008
We have an EXCELLENT POLICE FORCE though. We really do!

GO EDISON POLICE!!!!!!!!!!
IndianCommonMan

Brooklyn, NY

#36 Nov 9, 2008
Well...comments/feedback from all are received. Not much different from what we have already heard or are aware of...
And let me tell you that most of the people like me make an effort to improve.
How about a few comments on:
1. How focused are indians on work and family
2. how much do they stress on education for their kids
3. how do they live within their means?

Just to make a point on takes...50% of the Indians return back to India after staying here for short to long term. Within this period they do contribute to Social Security Tax, Medicare and all of those that they never get a retun on.
IndianCommonMan

Brooklyn, NY

#37 Nov 9, 2008
EDISON SUCKS wrote:
EXCUSE ME INDIAN TAXPAYER. NOT ONLY ARE YOU PEOPLE ON WLEFARE BUT FOODSTAMPS TOO!!! THEN AT THE SUPERMARKET WHEN YOUR WELFARE CARD DOES NOT GO THROUGH...THEEEEENNN YOU PULL OUT 1 OF YOUR 3 CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS WITH A HIGH BALANCES!!! I'V SEEN IT LINE AND THEN YOU ARGUE WITH THE CASHIER WHEN YOU COME INTO THE STORE WITH JUST COUPONS THAT YOU ROB FROM THE SUNDAY INSERTS AGTER YOU TRY TO SCAM THE STORE AND CONFUSE THE COMPUTER WITH WRONG ITEMS THEN WHEN CAUGHT YOU LEAVE THE ITEMS RIGHT THERE WALK OUT! INGORANT AND RUDE! AND PAY FOR NOTHING FOR MOST OF THE ITEMS THAT DID GO THROUGH THANKS TO THE STOLEN COUPONS.. TURN AROUND AND SELL THEM AT YOUR LITTLE MINI MART? JEALUS? OF WHAT???
You are focusing on exceptions! Such people do not even make 0.1% of the Indian population here. Please look at the common ones and they do not fall in this category... though they smell etc
IndianCommonMan

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Nov 9, 2008
Melvin wrote:
Mr. Amazing Edison First Aid Squad;
Yes, I do hold grudges.
I hold gurdges on people that come here, and become wealthy by taking advantage and abusing every little thing this town offers. Sales at the super markets?! Ha, I can't even get into the door while about 18 of their family members stock up on 13 gallons of oil and what not.
Yes, I hold a grudge when men and women are working two-three jobs, or business owners, especially salesmen and get chewed down to barely make a profit because god help them.
So say I hold grudges, say I'm a racist, I could care less. Because I don't mean every-single indian in the town. But a large majority of them.
I drive down the street and I have to close the windows because I'm driving through what is now known as "little indian" it fucking stinks there, and all those people dart in front of the cars like it won't kill them. Ok? So I could really care less what you have to say about me, yes I have faults but I'm helping the ecomony-i pay my way. I pay my due share. I don't cheat on my taxes, I don't have 18 people living in my house and paying one property tax. I've had numerous men in my family in wars. So I've helped my country.
I volunteer most my time in various places but i guess those places don't matter because I'm not doing the messiah's job of "oh lord!" "First Aid Squad" What the hell makes you think your so god damned great? How many years/months of school did you take to get that job hmm? So don't try to lecture me.
Hello Melvin, Mel and Friends [not the McCain one :-)],
How different is this from anything you would find with an immigrant demographics anywhere in the world?
And Yes... we do say America is a great country! Not just when we are here but even when we go back home. For all of that it has offered to us and continues to offer.
What do you think we should do? Change overnight?

The world is both - Beautiful and Ugly! It depends on what vision you have!
In Awe

East Brunswick, NJ

#39 Nov 19, 2008
When I come across people like Mel & Melvin and the rest of you racists who benefit from the property taxes that the minorities and Indians are paying on their McMansions (and just so you know they put at least 20% down on their homes, not FHA loans or 5 or even 10% down), I get sad for my children. But boy was I happy on November 4th!!!! Ha ha, now all you racist belligerents have to answer to a BLACK man LOL...and a well educated one at that!!!(not like the ignorant, drunken D student you put into office the last 8 years...) The stunned looks on your faces on Nov. 5th was PRICELESS! Justice is sweet sometimes :). Enjoy!
Moved from Edison

Tucson, AZ

#40 Nov 20, 2008
Cool it with the racist stuff folks. My original post was about the town in general.

Long ago, I was a member of First-Aid squad #1. A lot of folks I knew were Police or Fire. The town was pleasent. Everyone knew everyone. We would go down to Seaside in the summer. Eat at Tastee subs, and White Rose System after a night of drinking.

I go there now occasionally.

I honestly do not recognize it anymore.

High Taxes, pollution. But the worst part...

The people. They are so Friggin UNFRIENDLY !

No where else in the country are people so nasty to each other. I live in AZ now. People are regular human beings. Someone has a flat, you stop and help them. People go for walks, they say good morning. Your neighbor is doing some tough job, you go help him out.

Kinda like Edison of old...

PS: Outside NJ, people refer to the State as "Ziti". The folks that live there are of course "Zitians".
Edman

AOL

#41 Nov 22, 2008
THATS RIGHT! BUT GUESS AMERICA ISNT RACIST AFTER ALL? HUH? CANT SAY THAT ANYMORE! YOUR REPLY MADE NO SENNSE! YOUR OBVIOUSLY THE RACIST HERE!
In Awe wrote:
When I come across people like Mel & Melvin and the rest of you racists who benefit from the property taxes that the minorities and Indians are paying on their McMansions (and just so you know they put at least 20% down on their homes, not FHA loans or 5 or even 10% down), I get sad for my children. But boy was I happy on November 4th!!!! Ha ha, now all you racist belligerents have to answer to a BLACK man LOL...and a well educated one at that!!!(not like the ignorant, drunken D student you put into office the last 8 years...) The stunned looks on your faces on Nov. 5th was PRICELESS! Justice is sweet sometimes :). Enjoy!
SCC

West Milford, NJ

#42 Nov 26, 2008
Everyone has a valid point on all of the above. "1st Aid Squad" vs. "Mel" is a mixture of hilarious, informative, and extremes.
I've been living in Edison since 1998 to raise a family. Upper West Side Manhattan was too small for that. Edison has been downhill every since. Edison is a victim of its own success: It wanted growth and high tax revenue, so it encouraged all the high-tech boom craze to come here. It wanted commercial taxes paid, so it made Route 1 into a gigantic car dealership while taking down old factories, and, turned Metropark into a Penn Station "wannabe," and turned Route 27 into the United Nations. All along this path to so-called success, little did the town realize that industries were moving to Canada, PA, DE, Atlanta, TX, India, China, etc. So, it then relied on the commuters who are all H1-Bs without salaries but huge galaxy-sized networks from all over the world working as Contractors making 3x salary. As soon as high-tech companies dried up, the town still had Manhattan to rely on. But now that NYC's dried up, UH OHHHHH, Mel's point vs. "1st Aid Squad" kicks in, and I'm afraid it's going to get worse and worse as salaried and hourly consultants are laid off from NYC, Phila, Jersey City, etc.
So, the bedroom community of Edison will be stuck with the 18-person household, too poor to pay tips at restaurants, cutting 100 coupons for Shop Rite & WalMart & Costco, and more unwilling to pay property taxes on the now empty-nested McMansions.
Lesson 1: always watch your back when you outsource anything to anyone, because they'll always come back to bite you in the ass when you fail to keep up with the competition. after all, American CEOs were the lazy ass fuck in the 1st place to welcome replacement labor for 1/3 the price. Hey, look man, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Lesson 2: before you hodl grudges, ask what the FUCK the US economists and CEOs were thinking 10 years ago with such shortsighted greed!!!!
Lesson 3: it always takes longer to climb then it does to fall. it's pure physics.
So.....why do I stay here? same reason as everyone else: crowds and trains bring convenience, and keep home values high. If I moved to bum-fuck Podunktown in Far-Booney-Haystack county, then my home would also be in Foreclosure -- get it stupid? as crowded as NYC is, why do you think the homes are $$$$$ there and will always be?? Edison, same theory. And of course, last but not least, THERE's ALWAYS METUCHEN which is a "rock star" of a family downtown almost every weekend. Everyone would agree with me there.
But wait... oh yeaaaaaa, the assholes from 1800 took Metuchen away from Edison to start up a Dunkin Donuts shaped zoning plan. BRILLIANT!!! can you say, "Oh! me so stupid, Oh! me so stupid."
chcuky

Bronxville, NY

#43 Dec 1, 2008
i read all the comments above, and will ahve to say, as a resident of edison, that Indians def. have taken over. north edison, and iselin.

its unfair, it used to be a good, clean town. now, they double park on oak tree rd., they only shop at their shops, and contribute little to the community.

i dont care about india day parade, or whatever its called. i dont care about how their working holiday are mondays, and i dont care about their new year being in november.

this is america. jly 4 is the only day i recognize. indian people refuse to assimilate, and this will eventually kill our civilization (in conjunction with other cultures here that refuse to assimilate).

thanks to lbj and his ilk who whispered in his ear, thanks to immigration act, we now have unprecedented # of foreigners that dont act like us, dont think like us.

the only reason why they come here is due to $$. its not our culture. they ought to leave.

you cannot always say its jealously. its far deeper than that.

here is a hint: patriotism.

regarding "In Awe's" stupid rant: we put that "Black man" -- a degratory term -- in power, and we can take him out. it wasn't about race, it was about dow jones & failed policies of 8 years of republican politics. dont forget that 95% of AA voted for him. THAT was solely about race. if that wasn't racist, nothing was.

Indians putting 20% down? did you realize they pool their $$ after saving it for years? its no accident that us consumer has little $$, having been brainwashed by the media (i.e. advertisers) to shop, shop, and shop.

also, many indians that come here are educated--free, of course, or close to free, couresty of their govt. thus, they have an immediate advantage.

usually 1st generation immigrants are successful above the natives. read thomas sowell, your ignorance will learn something.

wait til their 3rd generation hits. expect abortion, illegail activities, leisure thought, etc., to exceed liek a rocket.

you enjoyed looking at white people face on nov 5.
i will enjoy looking at hindu face after their daughter brings home american boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
want to put 454 carb motor in 1999 chevy suburb... Aug 19 noid489 1
Choice Home Warranty Sucks Aug 18 lawsuit coming 1
News Danny DeVito poses for photos, schmoozes fans i... (Feb '10) Aug 10 Fat Black Muslim ... 6
Bed bug solution please Aug 8 Michelle 1
TRUMP is coming to Edison Aug 8 patel 8
News Why commuters can't take shelter at Bound Brook... Aug 5 astone007 1
Late Dith Pran Jul '16 Gail Hawthorne 1

Edison Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edison Mortgages