People still live in Edison???

Posted in the Edison Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Moved from Edison

Tucson, AZ

#1 Jun 22, 2008
Why in the world would people still want to live in Edison? I escaped years ago.
John

New York, NY

#2 Jun 27, 2008
Yes people still live there and Edison is in a much better state than when you were here...thanks for leaving :)
Jersey Lover

Hyde Park, NY

#4 Jul 1, 2008
oh well, not everyone has the fortitude to make it big here. You can live really well here and work in the city. It's a win-win. Then you retire to Florida or Arizona. But I'm not quite ready for the "last stop" yet. Still lotsa of living to do and enjoy the greatest city in the world :-)
Gayle

Levittown, NY

#5 Jul 17, 2008
What city? Edison is nothing more than a hodge-podge of neighborhoods and strip malls. I've been here for 24 years and have seen traffic get worse and worse, and I'm beginning to feel like a stranger in a strange land. I'm leaving soon for a better area of New Jersey.
myName

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jul 30, 2008
I've compared several townships with similar sizes and here are the statistics for just Toms River and Edison.

Toms River: Population: 89,706 people
Ethnic makeup: 93.57% white, 2.46% asian
33,510 households
out of which 31.2% had children < 18 yrs
median income for household $54,776
4.0% of the families were below poverty.

Edison: Population: 97,687
Ethnic makeup: 59.49% White,%29.27 Asian
35,136 households
out of which 34.3% had children < 18 yrs
median income for household $76,604
4.0% below poverty line.

From the statistics, even though the ethnic make up was radically different, the number of children in an average household remained the same and what more, Edison has a higher household income. Melaine, every race wants to associate and live closer to their own race, so you can't blame the "poor dirty Indians" who want to live in one community. You also talk about McMansions? So, you dislike not only "poor dirty indians" but also the rich ones building "McMansions" ? so your deal is with Indians in general eh?

Truth is something that cannot be seen or heard. It must be sought out for. You cannot reach absolute truth on anything, but you must try to set your expectations higher. When you say you are speaking the truth, the truth is an ugly mix of bias, racism, ignorance.
Lisa

Piscataway, NJ

#8 Aug 2, 2008
Ignorance? I'm from Edison myself and I agree with Mel. Everyone's a little bit racist. I'm sick of this politically correct love thy neighbor BS. The truth about stigmas on certain races, is that there's truth to stigmas about certain races. I'd never at a first glance hate a person over their race, but I think some negative aspects of people can be defined by their culture. We're quick to commemorate groups of people because of the positive aspects of where they came from, but I hate to break it to you, with the positive comes the negative. How can we jade ourselves in thinking that cultures only bring good things to the table? It's sure as hell politically correct, but it's not realistic. Do I hate Indian people, no. I have friends that are Indian, but back at my old job where tipping was involved, I think I'd rather shoot myself in the face than get sat with an Indian family. And I know Indian people I worked with that had the same idea as me. Theyre quick to complain about their food and send you scootering around for extra goodies only to tip you half a percent of the bill. Hate to say it, but hispanics too. I used to host birthday parties in a heavily latino populated area. How Long did I work there? A year. I did tons of parties.. I can count on one hand how many hispanic people tipped me. How about the Indian people smell stigma? Well Indian people typically eat spicy foods. Spicy foods are known to make you sweat. TA DA! It's almost like there's truth behind my ignorance. Like I said, I'd never judge a book by it's cover, but it's safe to say that cultures can have negative aspects as well as postive ones.
myName

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Aug 4, 2008
Lisa wrote:
Ignorance? I'm from Edison myself and I agree with Mel. Everyone's a little bit racist. I'm sick of this politically correct love thy neighbor BS. The truth about stigmas on certain races, is that there's truth to stigmas about certain races. I'd never at a first glance hate a person over their race, but I think some negative aspects of people can be defined by their culture. We're quick to commemorate groups of people because of the positive aspects of where they came from, but I hate to break it to you, with the positive comes the negative. How can we jade ourselves in thinking that cultures only bring good things to the table? It's sure as hell politically correct, but it's not realistic. Do I hate Indian people, no. I have friends that are Indian, but back at my old job where tipping was involved, I think I'd rather shoot myself in the face than get sat with an Indian family. And I know Indian people I worked with that had the same idea as me. Theyre quick to complain about their food and send you scootering around for extra goodies only to tip you half a percent of the bill. Hate to say it, but hispanics too. I used to host birthday parties in a heavily latino populated area. How Long did I work there? A year. I did tons of parties.. I can count on one hand how many hispanic people tipped me. How about the Indian people smell stigma? Well Indian people typically eat spicy foods. Spicy foods are known to make you sweat. TA DA! It's almost like there's truth behind my ignorance. Like I said, I'd never judge a book by it's cover, but it's safe to say that cultures can have negative aspects as well as postive ones.
I agree with you Lisa, but what you and Mel said seem like two different view points to me. You definitely don't have to love thy neighbor but just don't abhor them. You have to remember that like you, Indians are also the products of their civilization. Let us take frugality for example. In India, frugality is deemed necessary to survive and although it is very opposed in such an excessive culture that America harbors,it is what Indians have known all their lives. Try changing a thinking pattern you've had all your life. It is not very easy to do. The point being that every culture is flawed and we can remind ourselves of the flaws from time to time(be realistic) but if we only dwell on the flaws then a lot of trouble is to come.

At a time, the Irish, Italians and other immigrants who came looking for freedom and economic advancement were also looked upon with contempt by Americans. I must say, they certainly aren't anymore. Time transforms people, in a couple of decades the Indians will also fit into the American way of life.
MrDesi

New York, NY

#10 Aug 4, 2008
I read all the comms above..And seems to agree a bit with all! I am a south Indian, brought up here and I must tell you the fact that almost 90% South Indians, H1, L1 holders and Students are close to being uncivilized. I have seen many as part of my HR networking. I avoid being in their house, especially kitchen and rest rooms! Ugly, unhygienic, stinky for months. Itís a FACT. Again, itís only those 90%.

Compare that to about 20% north Indians. Good civilized people!
myName

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Aug 4, 2008
MrDesi wrote:
I read all the comms above..And seems to agree a bit with all! I am a south Indian, brought up here and I must tell you the fact that almost 90% South Indians, H1, L1 holders and Students are close to being uncivilized. I have seen many as part of my HR networking. I avoid being in their house, especially kitchen and rest rooms! Ugly, unhygienic, stinky for months. Itís a FACT. Again, itís only those 90%.
Compare that to about 20% north Indians. Good civilized people!
Huh? Well, it is no surprise that young adult males are messy, regardless of race. Most of the males in my college dorms are very messy and live a very unhygienic lifestyle. Your argument seems to be driven by your inferiority complex.
Mel

Piscataway, NJ

#12 Aug 5, 2008
Thankyou! I also agree that there are many indians that are civilized, clean, and stink-free adapted americans. But what the liberal "we all are equal" woman who is spewing out her ass gets annoying.
She's so self-righteous to make me wonder what part of edison is she living in, further more is still even living in this very world?
MrDesi wrote:
I read all the comms above..And seems to agree a bit with all! I am a south Indian, brought up here and I must tell you the fact that almost 90% South Indians, H1, L1 holders and Students are close to being uncivilized. I have seen many as part of my HR networking. I avoid being in their house, especially kitchen and rest rooms! Ugly, unhygienic, stinky for months. Itís a FACT. Again, itís only those 90%.
Compare that to about 20% north Indians. Good civilized people!
Prashrosky

Ahmedabad, India

#13 Aug 5, 2008
Yup, it appears the Indians have an attitude of bilking without paying back to society. How many of them are volunteering at any of the local fire/police departments, or any of the public events? I haven't seen any. And this with people from a culture which they claim is amongst the oldest and a population that is the most religious on earth. So why not volunteer for free for two hours, instead of praying/going to the temple - don't you think your god would be happier?

Yes, the curtain dresses that you mention are called "Lungi's" - on a lighter note, these provide proper ventilation to the whole body!

“Between the tracks”

Since: Aug 08

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Aug 7, 2008
I left the Edison/Metuchen area over 20 years ago. I return often on business.

Yes, people still live in Edison... they are just different people. Not better, not worse, just different.
Edison sucks

AOL

#15 Sep 4, 2008
Yea people still live here but more & more are leaving because of reasons like what were posted in other comments. Populated, bad air quailty, high traffic,crime, etc. The car dealership world over here....... and the list goes on... ah... Not getting better at all it just keeps getting worse. EDISON IS A DUMP!
Edison First Aid Squad 2

Westport, CT

#16 Sep 18, 2008
Parshrosky,
Please visit the Edison First Aid Squad #2 on New Dover Road sometime at night after 8.00pm and see for yourself the hard work and care that Indians, Koreans, African American and Chinese residents are giving for the community.
They are volunteering from 8.00pm to 6.00am most of the members become EMT's (state certified) to provide care to all the elderly, injured and sick residents of Edison.
And yes they do all this in addition to going to the temple...
By the way when was the last time you volunteered?
Edison First Aid Squad 2

Westport, CT

#17 Sep 18, 2008
Prashrosky wrote:
Yup, it appears the Indians have an attitude of bilking without paying back to society. How many of them are volunteering at any of the local fire/police departments, or any of the public events? I haven't seen any. And this with people from a culture which they claim is amongst the oldest and a population that is the most religious on earth. So why not volunteer for free for two hours, instead of praying/going to the temple - don't you think your god would be happier?
Yes, the curtain dresses that you mention are called "Lungi's" - on a lighter note, these provide proper ventilation to the whole body!
Parshrosky,
Please visit the Edison First Aid Squad #2 on New Dover Road sometime at night after 8.00pm and see for yourself the hard work and care that Indians, Koreans, African American and Chinese residents are giving for the community.
They are volunteering from 8.00pm to 6.00am most of the members become EMT's (state certified) to provide care to all the elderly, injured and sick residents of Edison.
And yes they do all this in addition to going to the temple...
By the way when was the last time you volunteered?
Edison First Aid Squad 2

Westport, CT

#18 Sep 18, 2008
Mel wrote:
Thankyou! I also agree that there are many indians that are civilized, clean, and stink-free adapted americans. But what the liberal "we all are equal" woman who is spewing out her ass gets annoying.
She's so self-righteous to make me wonder what part of edison is she living in, further more is still even living in this very world?
<quoted text>
Mel,
I am not surprised by your grudge and hate at people who came with nothing and made it big and prospered right before your eyes and you found yourself barely able to make ends meet.
So you think you shit smells sweet?
Learn to compete to be better or else stop trying to fart against thunder!!!
Melvin

Piscataway, NJ

#19 Sep 23, 2008
Mr. Amazing Edison First Aid Squad;
Yes, I do hold grudges.
I hold gurdges on people that come here, and become wealthy by taking advantage and abusing every little thing this town offers. Sales at the super markets?! Ha, I can't even get into the door while about 18 of their family members stock up on 13 gallons of oil and what not.
Yes, I hold a grudge when men and women are working two-three jobs, or business owners, especially salesmen and get chewed down to barely make a profit because god help them.
So say I hold grudges, say I'm a racist, I could care less. Because I don't mean every-single indian in the town. But a large majority of them.
I drive down the street and I have to close the windows because I'm driving through what is now known as "little indian" it fucking stinks there, and all those people dart in front of the cars like it won't kill them. Ok? So I could really care less what you have to say about me, yes I have faults but I'm helping the ecomony-i pay my way. I pay my due share. I don't cheat on my taxes, I don't have 18 people living in my house and paying one property tax. I've had numerous men in my family in wars. So I've helped my country.
I volunteer most my time in various places but i guess those places don't matter because I'm not doing the messiah's job of "oh lord!" "First Aid Squad" What the hell makes you think your so god damned great? How many years/months of school did you take to get that job hmm? So don't try to lecture me.
Edison First Aid Squad

Bronx, NY

#21 Sep 24, 2008
Hello Melvin,
If you hold two or three jobs like you claim how do you find the time to volunteer? Stop the BS.
You are just jealous of Indians in your community because they make more money then you and live in nicer houses.
If they make more money they DO pay more taxes and are not eligible for most of the FREE things your town has to offer based on pay scale.
I support our troops in the War by working hard and paying taxes.
I have some news for you - the "First Aid Squad" is run by volunteers, no one is paid.
If you want to compete in this world, pay attention to your kids homework, get involved with their studies and stopping spread this hatred.
I wish you the best.
punkskateramy

Wilmington, DE

#22 Sep 27, 2008
hey! im a cool indian girl! tattood and pierced with no accent but i dont live in edison! that makes me smart and yes those indians dont even tip. i used to waitress and the most tip i ever got was $2 from them at pizza hut. they seem to like that number,even if there are lik 15 of them. i stand in line at shoprite and they stand in front of me with like 75 coupons, bring those items to their convienent stores and make huuuuge profits. thanks for the sucky ass economy! edison suuuuucks! the koreans arent any better, the mayor sucks... go berkeley heights!!!!!!!
Edison First Aid Squad

Westport, CT

#23 Oct 2, 2008
If Indians and Koreans in Edison don't pay a big tip it makes them BAD PEOPLE.
Most of the time you don't deserve a tip !
A Tip is a matter of discretion (SAT Word) after paying my bill + service charges + Tax.
YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A TIP !!!
Stop whining and pissing and find a better job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edison Town Hall Meeting Addresses Recent Spate... Tue ROSENBERG 3
Four Texans charges with home invasions Tue ROSENBERG 1
rheumatologist in central nj? Dec 2 cms1 1
Did U USA hells angel cowards threaten to rape ... (Mar '13) Dec 1 Odogg 4
Lockdown menlo park elementary. 11/17/14 Nov 18 Mimi 8
Four Indian families robbed in New Jersey Nov 17 Meeker 4
John Mahoney arraigned in the murder of his fat... (Dec '07) Nov '14 jessejr227 29

Edison News Video

Edison Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Edison People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Edison News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Edison

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:53 pm PST