Indian wheat flour, rice prices inflate

Oct 28, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Home News Tribune

“I believe Indian people will have to change their eating habits now”

Rosy Kumari of Edison was surprised this week when she paid the bill for her groceries at an Indian grocery store on Oak Tree Road. via Home News Tribune

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2010
Kemcho

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2008

Judged:

The Indian Grocery stores all over US is a big cartel. More than a year ago when India banned Lentils to Bangaladesh only, these greedy guys raised the prices here and made several millions. Now with the Rice shortage and ban from India, they have increased the price of Rice per 20 Lb bag four times. Earlier it was aound $8 and now it is around $30 per bag. This is nothing but day light robbery. In Costco 25 LB Jasmine rice sells for $12.99 and all Indians are lined up there boycotting Indian stores. There is no one to control this greedy cartel and soon we Indians should start a consumer forum and question these guys and take them to court.
majamaa

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

It is true. The Indian Grocery stores is run by Gujju Cartel. One insider information says that these merchants each have been making miilions of dollars in profits by inflating the prices of Dhal, Wheat flour and Rice items four to 5 times. Now many people have decided to buy jasmin rice from Costco where you can get 25LB of rice at $19. The only problem with this rice is with regular water proportion (1:2) the rice becomes like a gel. To prevent this we can use 1 and 1/2 times water and add a few drops of oil in water so that the rice is cooked right. We all should boycot buying rice, wheat and Dhal items from these Gujju stores. They are a big cartel and very greedy. Some one should take legal action against price gouging.
Anil

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

hey rosy..Are you the one who matriculated in 1985 from Sector 1c bokaro steel city..?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Edison Discussions

Search the Edison Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New adult day-care center for older Asian India... (Jul '08) 1 hr I Agree 82
Boulevard ShopRite Kosher Experience SHUT DOWN 2 hr WAKEFERN FOOD CORPORATION 1
Councilwoman, clergyman at odds over 'illegals'... 7 hr ROSENBERG 15
Weird NJ: The lost - Jersey Jungle' is foundWei... Jul 27 Horace 1
Harrassment at Durham Woods! (May '09) Jul 22 Victim 24
Man was masturbating on Middlesex Greenway, Edi... Jul 18 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
People still live in Edison??? (Jun '08) Jul 15 Educated Guy 112
•••
•••