Kal Penn Doesn't Think Joel Stein Is ...

Kal Penn Doesn't Think Joel Stein Is Funny

There are 1 comment on the New York Magazine story from Jul 4, 2010, titled Kal Penn Doesn't Think Joel Stein Is Funny. In it, New York Magazine reports that:

In Joel Stein's Time column last week, "My Own Private India," the writer explained , of a trip to his hometown of Edison, New Jersey: "For a while, we assumed all Indians were geniuses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Magazine.

Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jul 10, 2010
Joel Stein talks, writes and thinks like an over-priced humbug, but I am afraid there is some truth in his viewpoint. Having lived in New Jersey and worked in my family's grocery store --- and I'm of Indian descent myself ----- I conceived a hearty disgust for the IA community there. Clannish, ethnocentric, only thinking about themselves and their own culture.

They are decent, law-abiding people. But unlike our kind who came thirty or forty years ago, these later arrivals lack the education and cultural knowledge to fit easily into the western world. It's the same issue that existed in 19th century America between the lace curtain Irish and the slum Irish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edison Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One-Man 'Rabbi for Trump' Dumps The Donald Afte... 20 hr bernhard rosenberg 8
trump still RABBI FOR TRUMP 20 hr bernhard rosenberg 1
TRUMP is coming to Edison May 22 Rosenburg for Trump 6
News Obama at Rutgers commencement was 2 years in th... May 14 John McCharlie 2
News Police arrest Edison man wanted for alleged agg... May 5 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
Author Don Brown Discusses Shoot-Down of Seal T... Apr 30 MCTeaParty 1
News Christie: I likely wouldn't sign transgender ba... Apr '16 Three Days 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edison Mortgages