Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins an...

Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

There are 23244 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13116 Jul 25, 2012
Okay Blank.I've decided not to vote.Either its welfare for the rich or welfare for the poor.Both parties are at fault.You can blame Obama.You can blame Bush.You can blame Clinton.Or Bush again

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#13117 Jul 25, 2012
Remember people Congress has its share of blame.Boy......congress has GOOD assed health insurance.....they get to vote on their own raises as well..........WOW.....how would YOU like to vote on your OWN raises? SWEET!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13118 Jul 25, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
Obama and his Genentech backed CommieCare is just going to the so-called health care crisis worse for working people.
Gee thanks you gullible morons.
Nearly one in 10 employers to drop health coverage
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-po...
Defiant1 = defiantly a Moonie

ObamaCare = RomneyCare = ObamneyCare which Defiant1 will support

If more people go to the exchanges which are, of course, MARKETPLACES FOR CAPITALIST COMPETITION FOR CUSTOMERS, we will get more transparency, efficiency and choices if the marketplace for health insurance actually exists.

The EXCHANGES are similar to the stock markets or commodity markets in that government regulations create an infrastructure where companies ply their trade. If they are unable to do so in an efficient, effective manner then we can do what other industrialized countries do have a nationalized healthcare system either fully public or partially public.

What an idea, a workable, efficient, effective health care system that covers all human beings without bankrupting families. Horrors

Location hidden

#13119 Jul 25, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Or...how about nearly 30% of Texans have NO health insurance, or that it is a low wage/low income state (other than oil), or...when the wildfires were raging, he went off to head a prayer group in Reliant Stadium in Houston??? He is a brain-dead moron who makes other morons like Palin, Beck and Bachmann look smart by comparison!!! Scary....
Colorado Springs, very rightwing yelled FIRE! HELP! to the federal government.

There are NO libertarians in disaster areas.

What Defiant1 and his idiotic ilk want is to pay nothing and have the rest of us pay everything. They are the very definition of leeches.

They want to keep 100% of their paycheck and, yet, like their Messiahs Ayn Rand and Ron Paul they will demand Social Security and Medicare.

Location hidden

#13120 Jul 25, 2012
My Name Is Noname wrote:
Over 12,000 comments on this thread. I guess I will add to it. I lost 80% of my savings because of Barney "the liberal moron"Frank. We just retired just before the housing market crashed and caused the meltdown. It was liberal bullshit trying to give every liberal dipshit a house who couldn't' pay for it. Now after hard all my life and taking nothing from the gov., I'm broke. Thank you liberal retards. Don't count on me or the vast majority of Americans to vote for Obummer. Don't throw the polls at me-we are.
messing with the polls. Just like you stupid libs messed with our money.
LIAR.

The housing market was a bubble you liar. The housing market bubble then burst you liar.

As with all bubbles the values are not real you liar. You are just another example of the 100% of the Republiscum Party that are liars.

It is no surprise that pathological liar Bishoprick Romney is your candidate. His entire campaign is built on lies about Obama. He lies about Bain, he lies about Massachusetts, he lies about his record, he lies about everything.

Republiscum = Liars. The party of liars nominating a liar.
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#13121 Jul 25, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Remember people Congress has its share of blame.Boy......congress has GOOD assed health insurance.....they get to vote on their own raises as well..........WOW.....how would YOU like to vote on your OWN raises? SWEET!!
And wouldn't we all like to have a retirement plan like they have! No SS for them, no siree Bob! No Medicare to worry about either! No skin off their teeth when they vote and make those decisions about SS and Medicare cuts and funding...If it's good enough for the average every day Joe Blow, it should be good enough for the ones we send to Washington to represent us! That is the first thing that needs to be changed, and it should have happened YEARS ago!!!! Keep them WORKING in Washington and stop spending all their time campaigning and raising money for their NEXT election...TERM LIMITS is the only stinking way to clean up the mess we have...Kick the bums out....
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#13122 Jul 25, 2012
And Oregon, I am sick and tired of hearing your...Blah, Blah, Blah.....Go to your own state topix site and rant and rave all you want. You will probably find people there that actually listen and agree with you, plenty of kindred spirits....You give me a headache...
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13123 Jul 25, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR.
The housing market was a bubble you liar. The housing market bubble then burst you liar.
As with all bubbles the values are not real you liar. You are just another example of the 100% of the Republiscum Party that are liars.
It is no surprise that pathological liar Bishoprick Romney is your candidate. His entire campaign is built on lies about Obama. He lies about Bain, he lies about Massachusetts, he lies about his record, he lies about everything.
Republiscum = Liars. The party of liars nominating a liar.
Yep, anyone who doesn't support your very own Liar-In-Chief and your left wing propaganda is a liar, according to you.

All anyone has to do is a little research on their own. You DNC turds DO
own the housing market crash. Too bad.

Now be a good little chimp and go eat your government provided banana.
I will even provide a little entertainment for you, while you eat. Don't worry, I won't tax your three little brain cells with reading material, but the video is short.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/826660...

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#13124 Jul 25, 2012
Yep.Just not gonna vote.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13125 Jul 25, 2012
Ex- El Paso Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
All Obamacare did was shift the burden down the road with direct Federal taxes (your example)and raised local taxes when states have to fund the Obamacare mandates and the federal "seed money" ends. Why were some states representative's votes bought (Nebraska comes to mind) by providing federal funds to cover cost while other states were not. Stinks from the head up.
Great shell game play by DC. Let's get out of our promisses to folks by shifting the finacial burden to them through their states so we do not take the blame. The Feds cannot even run Medicare, Medicade and the VA medical right(alot of fraud and problems) and now they will run it all. Medical care in another country is looking better all the time.
Medical devices also get taxes (joint replacements for example). Does anyone really beliveve that cost will not be passed on.
Problem - Health cost is too high
DC fix - Make the states pay for it instead of us.
Why this fix - The healthcare industry and insurance industry want to not just maintain their very high profits. They want millions more insured (regardless of who pays that bill) to make even more moeny. Fairly sure ACA was written by health industry and insurance lobbiest to protect and expand their interest and handed to the congress. After all Nancy P said "now that we have passed it we need to read it".
You are absolutely correct. This ACA is nothing more than a money grab by the so-called health care industry which includes huge multinational
pharmaceutical companies.

Here is one fine example of who is buying our Congress crap sacks. I didn't realize that a sack of crap has gotten so expensive to buy
until I realized that many of the 535 crap sacks were going to receive millions to cram this worthless ACA garbage down our throats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/15/us/politics...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13126 Jul 25, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is Texas only 27th in income? And no, most who don;t have healtcare are NOt illegals....THEY have free healthcare. And i am not a :liberal", i am an independent moderate who despises far left, politically correct, responsibilty-avoiding Demotards, and far right, money grubbing,(FAKE) "Christian", polluting Republitards EQUALLY!! Get you facts straight before you begin with the "talking points"! Zzzzzz.....
Again, the illegal and migrant populations pull down our states stats. Illegals don't have "free health care".
And I ask again, if Texas is such a hell hole, then why are so many people moving here from around the country?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13127 Jul 25, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Yep.Just not gonna vote.
Too bad about your friend. The poor economy, job losses and predatory government makes for a very sour atmosphere. Just the kind of
atmosphere that irrational bottom feeders like SUXboy wants and
our criminals in government want also. It helps their goal of
keeping the population divided.

My advice to everyone is to keep preparing for the worst while hoping for the best.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13128 Jul 25, 2012
VOTER wrote:
<quoted text>
And wouldn't we all like to have a retirement plan like they have! No SS for them, no siree Bob! No Medicare to worry about either! No skin off their teeth when they vote and make those decisions about SS and Medicare cuts and funding...If it's good enough for the average every day Joe Blow, it should be good enough for the ones we send to Washington to represent us! That is the first thing that needs to be changed, and it should have happened YEARS ago!!!! Keep them WORKING in Washington and stop spending all their time campaigning and raising money for their NEXT election...TERM LIMITS is the only stinking way to clean up the mess we have...Kick the bums out....
Kicking the bums out is a great idea. Like you, I am tired of supporting an oligarchy that's very thinly disguised as a democratic government.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#13129 Jul 25, 2012
NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the illegal and migrant populations pull down our states stats. Illegals don't have "free health care".
And I ask again, if Texas is such a hell hole, then why are so many people moving here from around the country?
I have a great idea about the illegals. Lets use the worthless TSA to guard the border from now on. They haven't caught one single terrorist
in all of their years of harassing U.S. citizens and they can even
take their naked picture scanners with them.

It will keep the TSA busy groping and fondling someone besides airline passengers and it may cause some of the illegals to go back home.

There, killing two birds with one stone.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#13130 Jul 25, 2012
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kicking the bums out is a great idea. Like you, I am tired of supporting an oligarchy that's very thinly disguised as a democratic government.
DAMN !!!!! SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT! This country is an OLIGARCHY!! Ain't THAT the freaking truth!!

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#13131 Jul 25, 2012
Defiant I posted your"oligarchy"comme nt to a forum i'm on on the EAST COAST.That was an incredibly profound comment in my opinion.
VOTER

Wichita Falls, TX

#13132 Jul 25, 2012
My son just got back from spending 2 weeks in Laredo with his job. He said everything we hear about how bad it is on the border, multiply it by 100%...He never crossed the border into Mexico, never came close to it...And said it was a scary place to be...His company had a meeting to go over all of the safety precautions before he could even go out and work...Never be alone in the company truck, ALWAYS have at least 2 people in a vehicle at all times, NEVER work after dark, they had armed guards at the work sites...People this is TEXAS we are talking about...THE UNITED STATES...!!! I asked where he was staying, if his company had him staying in the good part of town...He replied there isn't a good part of town...He was in an Embassy Suites right off of the Interstate and it was not a safe place to be..
We need a new Governor in the State House...Someone who is serious about closing the border and if that means putting the National Guard and Tanks on the Rio Grande, then that is what needs to be done....
waco1954

United States

#13133 Jul 25, 2012
Good grief Voter I was just delivering some loads to Laredo a few weeks ago and I saw NONE of this.I go there once a month.Its a town where there are LOTS of big rigs and a huge amount of pickup trucks.Lots and Lots of truck terminals.No problems.No nothing.In all the times I've been there....over a hundred.....never one problem.I don't understand.
tim

Gilmer, TX

#13134 Jul 26, 2012
wowzy

Location hidden

#13135 Jul 26, 2012
VOTER wrote:
My son just got back from spending 2 weeks in Laredo with his job. He said everything we hear about how bad it is on the border, multiply it by 100%...He never crossed the border into Mexico, never came close to it...And said it was a scary place to be...His company had a meeting to go over all of the safety precautions before he could even go out and work...Never be alone in the company truck, ALWAYS have at least 2 people in a vehicle at all times, NEVER work after dark, they had armed guards at the work sites...People this is TEXAS we are talking about...THE UNITED STATES...!!! I asked where he was staying, if his company had him staying in the good part of town...He replied there isn't a good part of town...He was in an Embassy Suites right off of the Interstate and it was not a safe place to be..
We need a new Governor in the State House...Someone who is serious about closing the border and if that means putting the National Guard and Tanks on the Rio Grande, then that is what needs to be done....
Who cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edinburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 50 min Farting 740
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 12 hr Higher Farts 897
Magaly leos Mon Mario8282 3
Thieves on Val Verde Road Jun 29 Lucy 2
engine misfire Apr '15 Esemario 1
News Arrest Made In Robbery Of Local College Students (Jan '08) Apr '15 UbetterUbet 2
Curious Mar '15 Curious 1
More from around the web

Edinburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Edinburg Mortgages