Review: Harvest Christian Academy

Review: Harvest Christian Academy

Posted in the Edinburg Forum

Dan Torres

Mcallen, TX

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Stay away from this school. The principal is a very arrogant man who does not listen but to the sound of his own voice. My son was slapped in the hand by the son of a teacher there. The principal would not acknoledge the problem and only made the problem worse. When I told him that he was acting like a child, he simply turned his back and left the room saying 'We are through here.' He then proceded to ask the secretary to hand me withdrawal papers, which I refused to sign because I plan to proceed with legal action. I was able to find the school's Guiding Principles and found the following:(1)Seek God s truth and righteousness first and all these other things will be added... well that did not happened because the principal failed to investigate the incident; and (4)Do not favor one of God s children over another... I guess this only applies if one of the children does not happened to be the son of a teacher at the school. If you are seeking for a school that will happily take your money and then turn their back on you, then Harvest Christian Academy in Edinburg just might be right for you.
WoW

United States

#2 Feb 23, 2013
I think this an awesome school! I think its kind of unfair to just put one side of the story. I'm sure this isn't all true. Especially because as parents we tend to over victimize ourselves in situations like these. The principle is a very good and fair person and personally the only childish thing I see here ia the fact that you has to threaten legal action and complain online. I have never seen this school turn its back on a student. Im sorry you feel the way you do but I have to say that this school has not only made a difference in my childrens lives but in mines and husbands as well.
Audienceofone

United States

#3 Feb 26, 2013
To me this previous comment about HCA, just shows the type of parent you are, by posting such a one sided opinion. There is always two sides to every story. You are entilted to your opinion and your opinion it is. As a VERY statisfied parent at HCA the school is GREAT!!! This school requires parent involvement,turning in homework and respecting their elders (which includes teachers), something you seem to be missing. The apple dosen't fall far from the tree. Complaining and whinning about somebody you don't know personally is childish to me.
DanTorres

Mcallen, TX

#4 Mar 6, 2013
To Audienceofone... the principal simply walked out. He could not tolerate the truth about his wanting to contain an incident in which a child hit my child. The other child happened to be the son of a teacher at the school. He would not listen to my reasons. I let him speak, but his tone continued to be very agressive. I told him that in my opinion he was the type of person that would make a situation escalate rather than to difuse a situation. He contiuned to raise his voice and repeat his same nonsense. I told him 'there you go again, you act like a child'... that was all that his pride could take. He simply said "We are done here." He never took my concerns as a parent into account.He never even let the teacher speak. He obviously did not care about how my child would feel about changing schools in the middle of the year. His only concern was his own pride. I challenge him or the pastor to set up a meeting. I only write this so as to wish you the best and that you never find yourself in my situation. My child is happy at his new school. I am sure that you are happy there, I was, my child was. You are right I do not know the principal personally and quite frankly I would not want to. The one time that I needed his attention, he proved that his personal pride was much greater than the welfare of my child. I do not complain or whine, I feel that parents need to be informed. I do not insult you or your child. I write this simply to inform parents that are thinking of enrolling their children in this school about an incident that occured at this school. Ultimately it is not the money, it is the welfare of the children that is most important.
DanTorres

Mcallen, TX

#5 Mar 6, 2013
To WoW.. I said I was contemplating legal action. I was left with no choice. They promised to mail me a student handbook. I have yet to receive it. I called the pastor to set up a meeting. I have yet to hear from him. I fear that for now Harvest is actively trying to sweep this incident under the rug. I am doing what I can to protect my child. that is all. If this incident would have happened at a public school then there would be a chain of command to follow. In Harvest it seems that the principal can act like a child with no accountability. I hope that you are never in this situation and I hope that the principal continues to have your child's welfare into account. Unfortunately for me I feel that was not the case for us.
texasmom

Edinburg, TX

#6 Apr 29, 2013
I was going to look into this school for my two-year-old son. We are interested in a Christian school for our son, but looking at the comments made above, it seems that these people are just making negative comments towards each other as well as other people, commenting negatively as to school staff and parents. Wow! This is definitely not what I have in mind when I think of a Christian attitude. Because of these comments, I don't think I will even bother to check out the school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edinburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how bad is crime in edinburg? (Dec '15) Jul 20 Willie 2
Does anyone know Juan " Johnny " Mendoza (Sep '10) Jul 20 Willie 2
Vote For Donald Trump Jul 20 Willie 3
Nicole diaz Jul 15 Mari 1
Ruby Reyes (Nov '15) Jul 12 Tommy 5
A card reader healer Jul 7 sandra 1
Ruben Guzman (Pelon) Jun 27 Ayi 2

Edinburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance