..........6 other Obamacare promises – and these are very much coming true
Republicans recently pounced on the fact that, yes, some Americans will lose their current crummy insurance plans that don’t meet the new standards set by the Affordable Care Act.
These Republicans are accusing President Obama of having misled the American public – or worse, having lied.
I think that’s a ridiculous claim. If you like your crummy plan, you can’t keep your crummy plan under Obamacare, but odds are you will find a better plan that is also more affordable, with subsidies available to more than half of Americans.
Aside from parsing this promise that you could keep your plan, it is wrong to say that this alone was how Obamacare was sold to the public.
…. here, for the record, are a few of the Affordable Care kept promises:
1. Millions of young Americans will get access to health care by staying on their parents' plans.
2. You will no longer be denied insurance because of a pre-existing condition.
3. Your insurance will no longer be cut off due to spending caps.
4. You will now be guaranteed much more comprehensive coverage.
5. The Affordable Care Act will cover millions of Americans who have lacked insurance.
6. The Affordable Care Act is projected to lower the deficit.
You're free to believe the conspiracy theories,
just don't expect those of us living in the reality-based universe to go along with it.