7-year-old on scooter collides with SUV

An Edgewater police officer's 7-year-old son is in intensive care this morning after his scooter crashed into a sport utility vehicle, police said today. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Auburn Hills, MI

#22 Apr 25, 2007
Osceola Watch wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see..7 year old child operating a motorized vehicle on a public street runs in front on a real car and is run over. The large car with the small driver is at fault?
The article didn't say anything about the scooter being motorized. That being said, I can't see anybody critisizing the 19 year old no matter what he was driving. The article stated that the 7 year old was riding his scooter on Mango Tree Drive when he ran into the side of the Ford Explorer. Seems to me that the 7 year old rode his scooter out into the roadway.

“"Man Bites Dog"”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon & Other Planets

#23 Apr 26, 2007
LHM wrote:
I insist, SUVs should be banned. Although apparently is not the 19 years old fault, what is he doing driving such mammoth?
Spare the SUVs and ban the soccer moms!
toby bell

Paisley, FL

#24 Apr 21, 2009
i saw this on my bus the kid was laying on the grass with blood all over the place.
this really hit me. scary shit.
anymous

Bethlehem, PA

#25 May 18, 2009
suv's are awesome vehicles the kid should of just of been more careful. no ones fault just a bad accident.
unknown

Bethlehem, PA

#26 May 19, 2009
toby bell wrote:
i saw this on my bus the kid was laying on the grass with blood all over the place.
this really hit me. scary shit.
wow man thats messesd up and gross
B-Oakwater

Apopka, FL

#27 Jan 31, 2010
It does not matter what he was driving, and it was an accident but unless you know the whole story pls do not say where was the parents...the mother was rt there in the drive way...Amy Sue( the child we should all be praying for)picked up her scooter and rode down the driveway doing what kids do sometimes, and she didnt look for car...and yes she knew better..but that is what makes her a child...and all I can say is if you are a parent you think about having to see something like that happen to yours and it not being able to react fast enough! they are a winderful family and need all our prayers!
Lizzie wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you actually serious? I can't believe you're asking yourself, "What is he doing driving such a mammoth?" and not asking yourself, "Where were the parents? Why was there absolutely no supervision?"
Reading this comment, makes me wonder ... if an animal runs out in the middle of the road, you'd want to ban the make and model of the car that hit it?
Reality check: Negligence of the parent(s), whether it's a police officer's son or not, was a big factor in this.
Jami

United States

#28 Feb 1, 2010
Some people have larger families therefore need bigger vehicles. You aren't gonna catch me strapping three car seats in the back of a Civic like sardines. Different vehicles suit different people and unfortunate accidents happen regardless of what you drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 2 hr VET 2,499
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 4 hr heros 2,974
Daytona Beach police officer charged with felon... Sep 15 headheldhigh 1
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... Sep 14 dick dasterley 3
crime scene on New Smyrna Beach yesterday Sep 5 mitchelljs 1
Cops in fatal salon shooting cleared Sep 4 nojustice 1
Off-duty cops find 55 pounds of marijuana near ... Sep 3 gone blind 1
•••
•••
•••

Edgewater Jobs

•••
•••
•••