Child, 5, accidentally shot in foot i...

Child, 5, accidentally shot in foot in Edgewater

There are 2 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from Aug 6, 2010, titled Child, 5, accidentally shot in foot in Edgewater. In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

A 5-year-old boy was accidentally shot in the foot with a shotgun in the home of a police officer, officials said this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

NSB

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#1 Aug 7, 2010
If this guy were not a cop, he would be charged with a crime. If his grandson had killed himself with this unattended, loaded firearm, I have to wonder if they would have charged him.

Talk about protecting your own.......geez

Since: Jul 10

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#2 Aug 8, 2010
Scary that a cop doesn't have a gun safe or that he at least takes the gun apart and store the pieces separately.

My father in law was a cop. He was working the night shift and sleeping in the evening before work. In his sleep he got up, picked up his weapon and fired! Luckily the family was on the front porch and no one was injured. After that the gun was dismantled and put in 2 different places.

I'm so glad the child was not more seriously injured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
http://psnboss.com/?ref=BHCIjLrne Wed Real 10
Gorgeous employee at Publix Jul 25 Snausage Gonzalez 2
News Merchant Marines get recognition (Nov '06) Jul 25 Boren39 2
hookups Jul 23 Jeep24 1
Gay teens Jul 20 Gayteen17 1
daddy prefers drugs over his relationship with ... Jun '15 bethanne 2
white girl Jun '15 nyc 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edgewater Mortgages