Sex offenders Employment in goverment

Sex offenders Employment in goverment

Posted in the Edgewater Forum

TheWholeStory

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Should sex offender's be allowed to work in local county and/or city goverment run jobs ? Know any...?

Since: Jun 07

New Smyrna Beach

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Hmmmm... I was surprised when I looked through the database. I guess I shouldn't have been. I knew a few (3) of them from when I was in school.

But a sexual offender could be someone who groped a breast at a party while drinking. I'm not trying to justify or make light of such an action, just pointing out the difference between a sexual offender and a sexual predator.

Do you believe that the punishment they receive through the courts, the requirement they register as an offender for the remainder of their lives, and the severe -- and getting more severe -- restrictions put on where they may and may not reside are not enough?

They can't teach or work with children. Thousands of companies who enter people's homes won't employ them. Where does it end?

I don't believe they should be barred from working for the government unless the offense was a felony and that government precludes felons from working for it.

I might think differently about repeat offenders.
GregP

Saint Petersburg, FL

#3 Sep 6, 2010
Well this is a way to legalize the eradication of a certain class of people without the bloodshed. So all the homes and restrictions dont mean anything - no job no rent no housing no food no clothes or hygene - what a wonderful world we live in
Jeanine McNeil

Holland, MI

#4 Oct 10, 2012
I was convicted of CSC in 2010 I worked for the Michigan Department of Corrections and became involved with a female prisoner over thirty. Now because I have this black spot on my record, no one wants to give me a shot. I am a hard worker, but everywhere I go no one wants to work with this felony. I cannot be a productive member of society if no one is willing to give me a chance. I will have my Bachelors Degree in May 2013, but what can I do with it? It has become very discouraging. I take full responsibility for the mistake I made, but something has to give

“Don't Panic”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 13, 2012
Jeanine McNeil wrote:
I was convicted of CSC in 2010 I worked for the Michigan Department of Corrections and became involved with a female prisoner over thirty. Now because I have this black spot on my record, no one wants to give me a shot. I am a hard worker, but everywhere I go no one wants to work with this felony. I cannot be a productive member of society if no one is willing to give me a chance. I will have my Bachelors Degree in May 2013, but what can I do with it? It has become very discouraging. I take full responsibility for the mistake I made, but something has to give
Having been a correction officer myself, you knew getting involved with an inmate was wrong, and being an adult you assumed the consequences of your actions. Fact is, if I were looking to hire someone and I learned they were a felon I would file 13 (trash) their resume. Now an employer never knows what kind of person they hiring, but we know what convicted of a felony means. It speaks to character and or judgement ability. Not worth taking a risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Volusia beachside redevelopment committee brain... Nov 24 Joe 3
Tammy Betz (Feb '17) Nov 24 Hate bikers 3
Licensed Practical Nurse at Good Samaritan Society Nov 21 IvanPutsky 1
Pure Romance is LOVE Nov '17 PureRomance 1
Good morning Ponce inlet. Nov '17 Well Hi 1
Pure Romance Nov '17 PureRomance 2
Pure Romance & percosets Nov '17 march2000 1

Edgewater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance