Port Orange man charged in pot bust p...

Port Orange man charged in pot bust plans to sue for confiscated silver dollars

There are 4 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from Nov 29, 2011, titled Port Orange man charged in pot bust plans to sue for confiscated silver dollars. In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

A check for $13 will not replace the 13 antique silver dollars Thomas Traska remembered his father by and sometimes carried in his pocket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

Tom

Apopka, FL

#1 Nov 30, 2011
Pretty neat trick - steal.... er... "confiscate" a collection of valuable coins and the give the owner a check for the face value of the coins. I wonder what would happen if I did that to someone?
This whole case is an example of what is wrong with America - no one has any rights anymore except for the elite and their gestapo. This guy can forget about ever seeing his coin collection again - he'll be lucky if he gets the $750 in a few years!
DSW

Orlando, FL

#2 Dec 1, 2011
So the question is why aren't the coins in the evidence room??? so they could be returned after the case was settled or did Patriot Act PoPo put them in bank right after they confiscated them?
The Law does as wishes, to Hell with the citizens!
John

United States

#3 Dec 6, 2011
I agree they should be in the evidence room, but are we all clearly forgetting this dirtbag who has a grow room in his house? And if you check your maps he's within a few miles of numerous schools, this guy should be in jail for a long time...he will just do it again...
citizen x

Freeport, FL

#4 Dec 8, 2011
This is not the first time I've heard of evidence disapearing. Guns, totally unrelated to the crime have been "lost".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Talkina trash: Deltona seeks 3rd party consulta... Jun 22 overit 1
Janet Rosati Jun 19 Volusia 1
News Statue of Ponce the dog gets nudge forward Jun 19 Aaa 4
News 18 men arrested in sex sting at Volusia County ... Jun 12 RuffnReddy 3
News Florida cities fill climate-change vacuum left ... Jun 9 fresh air 1
Review: Paytas Homes (Mar '14) Jun 8 New customer 17
News Is 'Bachelorette' Rachel Lindsay the most likab... May '17 XTREME BIAS 14

Edgewater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance