Are School Allergy Policies Going Too...

Are School Allergy Policies Going Too Far?

There are 1 comment on the KBOI-AM Boise story from Mar 31, 2011, titled Are School Allergy Policies Going Too Far?. In it, KBOI-AM Boise reports that:

Until recently, students in an Edgewater, Fla., elementary school were required to rinse their mouths out twice daily at school to avoid spreading peanut residue to a first-grade student with a severe peanut allergy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KBOI-AM Boise.

Rahway, NJ

#1 Apr 2, 2011
We should take some actions (peanut free tables, assemblies on allergy risks for the kids, training staff for incidents, having proper equipment in place) but banning the whole school is wrong. EVERYONE else should not have to change for one person.

Are we going to stop driving cars because a person can die? Are we going to ban guns because a person died?

People need to take responsiblity for themselves...we need to stop coddling them. I don't mind take some action, but overriding one person's rights for someone're going to far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
saw black panther on highway 46 wednesday who s... Oct 16 moving back 9
Hannah Walker/Brooks (Jul '11) Oct 13 cody 29
News Millions of Nickels Dumped on Florida Freeway (Sep '08) Oct 6 Dave 11
Anyone know Janet rosati? Oct 3 Anon 2
Hard Rock Hotel Oct 3 Brad 3
Apollo Nude Beach (Mar '12) Sep 28 Mcsmiley 14
News Bond denied for suspect in girlfriend's murder Sep '16 Booboo 1

Edgewater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance