NWS Investigating 2 Possible Tornadoes

Mar 30, 2011 Full story: Local6.com

The National Weather Service says it is investigating two possible tornadoes that may have struck Central Florida during Wednesday afternoon's storms.

Full Story
Vanessa

Winter Park, FL

#1 Mar 31, 2011
I cannot say wheather this was a tornado or not but it definately wasn't a normal thunderstorm. I lost power at around 4:45 PM as I was leaving for work. Lucky for me, we were the only restaraunt open with power because we operate with a generater, however the entire winter springs was probably up at the restaraunt because there was a waitlist until 9:30 PM (this is very strange for a wednesday evening) when I assume the power came back. On my way to work I saw debris and trees everywhere, a tree through a roof, HAIL, patio furniture blowing through the roads, street lights out with traffic conbustions at rush hour..I get to work and the onix fell down from probably? the patio entrance considering we don't have an onix, but it fell in the front and broke the flower pots and almost broke the glass entrance doors. I got home from work after midnght and the internet, cable, and phone lines were still down. So again, I cannot say if this was a tornado/hurricane, but I'm positive this is not normal thunderstorm behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 16 min VET 2,518
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Mon noshellswill 2,977
Daytona Beach police officer charged with felon... Sep 15 headheldhigh 1
Husband of woman charged in South Daytona fatal... Sep 14 dick dasterley 3
crime scene on New Smyrna Beach yesterday Sep 5 mitchelljs 1
Cops in fatal salon shooting cleared Sep 4 nojustice 1
Off-duty cops find 55 pounds of marijuana near ... Sep 3 gone blind 1
•••

Flood Warning for Volusia County was issued at September 23 at 5:10PM EDT

•••
•••

Edgewater Jobs

•••
•••