Review: Galactic Tan & Universal Gifts

Review: Galactic Tan & Universal Gifts

Posted in the Edgewater Forum

Brue Baker

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2010
"Calling the Cops Over Tanning?"

It should be stated that I have already used this business once before without any problems. That is why this mornings episode, as a returning customer was a little shocking, to say the least.

On the morning of March 1, 2010 I was supposed to have a tanning appointment at 9:00 a.m. I called at 9:05 a.m. to cancel, but the owner said I could not receive my money back as that was part of policy.

I started to argue, but realized it was getting nowhere, so I decided I would take the tan and just be late. But then the owner argued that that I couldn't because I was "too late." (it was 9:07 at that point, the tanning salon is two miles from my house and his next appointment wasn't until 10:30 a.m.) He stated that he was taking the money from the missed tan.

Then I said in frustration, "well I would like my money back for the other pre-purchased tans that I have then." (I had purchased one more tan at $25 for future use.) He replied "No," and on top of that said I was "banned from his salon because I was "rude to him" on the phone. I was simply arguing with him on the phone, not being rude.

I couldn't believe he was serious so I immediately went to the tanning salon to discuss this matter in person. At 9:12 a.m. I entered the salon and began to question the owner as to why I shouldn't receive my money back for the tans I no longer wanted, but had already paid for.

Without disputing the issue at all he told me (and my friend with me, not involved in the issue) to "leave his salon" or he is "calling the police."

Knowing I didn't do anything wrong and still in shock over how I was treated I asked him why? Why would he do this to one of his customers? I refused to leave without getting my money back.

So I waited outside with my friend for the police to come. I thought the police might be able to help me get my money back, and I was not about leave the scene as if I did something wrong.

The police showed up laughing because the issue was over a $25 tan, I don't blame them. Two officers went inside to talk to the business owner.

The police came back out, laughing at the owner's frantic demeanor, and said that the owner technically has the right to refuse service so there wasn't anything he could do for us and he said that the owner stated" if they ever want to see their money they can f-ing sue me."

Even though it is a small amount of money I am still debating taking legal action to recover the money simply because of how I was treated. I know I would lose money overall if I did that, but it would cost them time and money too, there is no reason they should just get away with what they did.

As a business owner he should have been able to use his best judgment and resolve the issue by simply returning the $25 for the pre-paid tan. If so there would never have been an issue.

Calling the police on a customer, and banning them from the salon, because they have a legitimate complaint that you won't even discuss with them is simply unacceptable.

On top of all this I would also like to say that after doing diligent research about Galactic Tan online I have found that most of their positive reviews are written by the business owners themselves, using other aliases.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
spruce creek 2 hr adrr 1
News Postal Service investigates reported slight of ... Fri Daytona home burg... 5
News Best way to get to beach May 24 chuck 1
News Driving on Daytona Beach ought to end May 23 rcarlton 2
Nova and Madeline 5/23 @ 945 May 23 rcarlton 1
rent for a month May 21 Stef530 1
News Dermatology clinics closed (Mar '11) May 19 marc 5
More from around the web

Edgewater People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]