Man found shot to death in Edgewater

New Smyrna Beach police spent the predawn hours this morning trying to piece together the story of a man found dead from an apparent gunshot wound in the back of a sport utility vehicle in the rear parking lot of an Edgewater bar.

Read more
First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Whatever

Winter Park, FL

#506 May 31, 2011
Story is Eddie wanted to take him to the hospital and Wheeler and his little girlfriend said no. Now that Brown and Selph are in jail and Wheeler is on close watch, all they need is Christa. Given her decisions in boyfriends, I wouldn't give it long before she screws up! And btw, they weren't still being shot at or they wouldn't have gotten out the the car!
Haha wrote:
Ummm your retarded. It's called preservation of life. If YOU were still being shot at and look back and the person behind u is dead and there's no helping him. I believe u would have ran also. get your story straight before u go talking. The police were called BY THE remaining PEOPLE IN THE CAR as they were running away from the car
<quoted text>
DONT TALK ifyou CANT WALK

Winter Springs, FL

#507 Jun 5, 2011
YOU IDIOTS REALLY HAVE NOTHING BETTER to do than continue blogging about something that happened over a year ago & has NOTHING to do with YOU! JEEZ GET A LIFE LOSERS! I feel sorry for you ALL!!
Walker

Winter Springs, FL

#508 Jun 5, 2011
And yet here YOU are, commenting as well. The truth is, I actually do have a life. A pretty good one.
It is Jeremy Markley who no longer has a life, because of the direct actions of the people you seem to be defending.

Hank Wheeler, Eddie Selph, Crista Carol.

A crack dealer turned murderer named Melvin Brown.

It isn't going away. Death is forever.

New Smyrna Beach is a good little town. Forums like this allow us to turn on the lights and watch the cockroaches scatter.
Really

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#509 Jun 6, 2011
So true Walker, Watch them scatter.
Laughing

Bowling Green, KY

#510 Jun 11, 2011
What's funny is that everyone puts all the Blame on Everyone except the person who decided to get get in the car n associate with them in the first place. So if anything led to the direct actions of his death it was HIMSELF. Nobody made him talk to those people or get in a car with them. Yes it's a terrible thing that happened but u can't blame everyone else for Jeremys decisions. Period. End of story
Walker wrote:
And yet here YOU are, commenting as well. The truth is, I actually do have a life. A pretty good one.
It is Jeremy Markley who no longer has a life, because of the direct actions of the people you seem to be defending.
Hank Wheeler, Eddie Selph, Crista Carol.
A crack dealer turned murderer named Melvin Brown.
It isn't going away. Death is forever.
New Smyrna Beach is a good little town. Forums like this allow us to turn on the lights and watch the cockroaches scatter.
Walker

Winter Springs, FL

#511 Jun 12, 2011
@Laughing: "Braying" would be a more accurate name for you.
laughing

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#512 Jul 25, 2011
Walker wrote:
@Laughing: "Braying" would be a more accurate name for you.
Whats the matter cant deal with THE FACTS!!! HIS DECISION LED TO HIS DEATH & its NOBODY elses fault but his own! Everyday we all make decisions whether good or bad & they all have consequences! Sadly his choice resulted in death!
Whatever

Winter Park, FL

#513 Jul 29, 2011
Ok Laughing. Of course you are friends with the scumbags. If someone points a gun and shots you, it's their fault. HELLO!
Wow

Eglin Afb, FL

#514 Jul 29, 2011
laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats the matter cant deal with THE FACTS!!! HIS DECISION LED TO HIS DEATH & its NOBODY elses fault but his own! Everyday we all make decisions whether good or bad & they all have consequences! Sadly his choice resulted in death!
So you are saying that anyone killed its their fault? Its not the fact that an asshole had a gun and shot it? Guns don't kill people, people kill people. The gun didn't just go off on its own so the person with the gun is at fault. Yeah sure maybe Jeremy could have made better choices but how was he to know it would happen? I hope you are never on a jury for a murder charge.
Renee

Orlando, FL

#515 Sep 16, 2011
Kyle wrote:
Missy.
I was talking with a friend of mine who somehow knows Renee Jones pretty well. She has gotten married 'again'...Her new name is Renee Sortman.
I don't know if that matters or not, but thought I would share the info.
He (my friend) said that Renee and Robbins were very close, so the not guilty verdict could have just been another case of the Volusia County Judicial System. ya never know...
This is Renee Jones Sortman.... There was no eveidence aginst me.. Ron Robbins and I were friends long ago and thats it.. the states attorneys office at that time had one of Rons many "discards" working for them and scorn came alive after me. As for anyone knowing me. Ive had the same friends for over twentyfive years and no one would have talked about me in a bad way. As for you informing everyone of my new name.... at least while your talking about me, your not talking about and hurting someone else.
nobody

Orlando, FL

#516 Nov 30, 2011
I just saw hank wheeler and his girlfriend two days ago at winn dixie. they obviously are not doing anything to him once again. how many murders can hank be a part of without getting put in prison? thanks mary jane henderson!
Missy

Palm Bay, FL

#517 Jun 12, 2012
The case will be going to the Jury soon. Stay tuned
Walker

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#518 Jun 13, 2012
Well, that's all, folks.

There is still plenty about this story I don't get. In particular the story all along was that there were two people in the shooter's car.

But it would seem that the murderer of Jeremy Markley has finally been brought to justice.

Hank and Bubba and Christal, well...

RIP, Jeremy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgewater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard Puckett (Nov '12) Apr 15 Gail Fee 19
Hmmmmm Apr 15 Shortstak93 1
What Happened Beachside Saturday Afternoon? Apr 13 BlueYonder 1
Volusia County Teachers / Schools Apr 7 Fed Up Taxpayer 1
Debate: Marijuana - New Smyrna Beach, FL (Aug '10) Apr 4 Josh sullivan 47
News Twins, father fight reputations with police (Oct '08) Apr 2 FBI 7
News Postal Service investigates reported slight of ... Mar 27 char 3
More from around the web

Edgewater People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE