Opinions still divided about Chance R...

Opinions still divided about Chance Reynolds

There are 26 comments on the Rapid City Journal story from Mar 1, 2006, titled Opinions still divided about Chance Reynolds. In it, Rapid City Journal reports that:

Opinions continue to be divided, both in South Dakota and Mexico, about John "Chance" Reynolds, as U.S. marshals prepare to take the former Edgemont area rancher back to Colorado to face a federal escape charge ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rapid City Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Edgemont

Hot Springs, SD

#21 Feb 19, 2011
Katie Harding wrote:
Wow!! I am completely baffled, truly. I am extremely surprised at the amount of bitterness and wickedness one single person can harbor. Isn't it difficult for you to sleep at night? Please understand that I am NOT referring to the Reynolds family. I am referring to all of you who clearly feel wholly threatened by the mere existence of a family. It is entirely asinine that anyone could spend so much time hating. In fact asinine is probably to big of a word for your ignorance to understand. It means extremely stupid or foolish.
The Reynolds family went out of their way many many times to help those in need. I'm not going to say that I was unaffected by the Reynolds. When they left I was devastated. But instead of being angry or bitter, I was worried. Sad, that such important people to me were now gone from my life. I am so thankful to have known such exceptionally, sincerely nice people. Its to bad that you immediately believe what you hear and are so quick to judge. You have truly missed out on a blessing.
I just so happened to stumble across this and quite frankly am quite embarrassed for some of you and the things you have said.
I asked if you or your family had any connections to the Reynolds.
The silence is telling.

I already knew the answer.
I won't go into the details. You might not even know the details.
Rae

Santa Fe, NM

#22 Feb 19, 2011
Cut your losses- and have compassion.
If you feel you've been conned- you have
no one to blame but yourself.
They are original to be sure.
Opinion

Hot Springs, SD

#23 Feb 21, 2011
Rae wrote:
Cut your losses- and have compassion.
If you feel you've been conned- you have
no one to blame but yourself.
They are original to be sure.
So someone comes to you acting in good faith all the while knowing they are out to con you and you should not hold them accountable and you not them should be held accountable? Thats stupid.

Have compassion and not hold them accountable? That is also stupid.

How about loaning me a few thousand dollars -- sure I'll pay you back --- sorry now I'm not going to and never intended to --- remember its your fault because you loaned me the money.

Duh!!!
Unavailable

Florence, AL

#24 Jul 5, 2011
There is no hatred in this post but I will tell you that my family suffered greatly from being friends with Chance and Neteri. All of the things that have been said about how they will lie, cheat, steal, and so on are true statements. They suckered a whole community and I truly believe that they moved to SD because they saw it as a large community of trusting kind people. How sad that they took that away from them. Businesses, banks and people have never been the same since the Reynolds scam. They lied, and cheated and stole from my family. Luckily not as bad as they did from others. But the worst thing is the emotional toll it took as my family thought that they were friends and loved them whole heartedly. Neteri and Chance shame on you. And double shame on you for continuing to do so to others and even more so to still think that you are an innocent person that has done nothing wrong. If you didn't do anything wrong how come you all ran in the middle of the night and hid? If you were so honest how come you coudn't tell your neighbors and ask for help? For those of you who want to continue to defend them that is your right and no one can tell you not to but I will say this. You need to not only ask them some hard questions and see what you get for answers but you need to watch out. They do prey on those that befriend them and nothing is sacred to them. Not even the Orange Grove owners dog. And he told me that to my face. Remember the saying beware the wolf wearing sheep's clothing.
The Shadow

Florence, AL

#25 Aug 21, 2012
Brent Reynolds always had this wild west mentality from the time he was in college at the University of Denver to his abandonment of his wife and child - a son, I believe - in Oklahoma City when he was caught selling his father's prescription pads to the highest bidder in 1982-3. The sad thing is that he was certainly smart enough and well liked by everyone he went to Junior High and High school with, and he never needed to deceive people. He lived in the best neighborhood with his brother and sister and parents. He could have gone to almost any college or University - graduated, had a comfortable life. So, there must have been something dark lurking in his psyche all along. If what everyone says is true, I am so sad for their betrayal. This is not the Brent I certainly knew. The tragedy, I guess, is that there are people in this world who seem perfectly normal but who are, for all intents a purposes, totally insane.
Mack from New Mexico

Denver, CO

#26 Nov 8, 2012
Where is Chance now that he's served his time in the federal penitentiary?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgemont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in South Dako... (Oct '10) Jul '16 america first 13
Muslim refugee's Apr '16 MeSo 1
Trump For President (Jan '16) Jan '16 Roudy The Second 1
News Uranium mining returning, but make sure to foll... (Feb '07) Jan '16 randylongtine 8
house cleaners (Mar '14) Jun '15 Amelia 2
Russell & Patricia Raby (Mar '11) Nov '11 Queen Bee 2
Debate: Immigration - Edgemont, SD (Jun '10) Jun '10 Joe 2

Edgemont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edgemont Mortgages