Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, B...

Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says to love everyone

There are 81 comments on the Lincoln Journal Star story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says to love everyone. In it, Lincoln Journal Star reports that:

“Hmmm...boys are ok, but women are better so I think I'll sleep with women now.”

As clergy who care about our members' lives and the hospitality of our community, we were pleased to see the article "Same-sex climate a hot issue" in the Lincoln Journal Star on July 29. via Lincoln Journal Star

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lincoln Journal Star.

Hello

Lakeland, FL

#25 Oct 13, 2008
mmmm wrote:
<quoted text>you are nuts!! there is only one God. GET THE BIBLE. you need JESUS...
Only one? Nuts is owning a bible and not reading it. Or thinking that if one "has" Jesus, then they no longer are required to read, study, learn from the Bible. <shesh>!

There are several references to more then one God in the Bible. As in plural.

That would be a good study for you. Don't you think? Also, Jesus didn't call folks who disagreed with him "Nuts" or any other cut down. Why was that? Again, that is a study lesson for you.
Hello

Lakeland, FL

#26 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ,
Unless your a newbie in Christ, then you know the same crap can be found in our faith. Nothing new under the sun, and all that.

If your an adult, then you also know that the young will attach themselves to what is considered outrageous by their family. It's called shock value.

I've seen kids use religan. I have seen kids use sex, bi-sexual fun, prego, etc. And of course, drinking, smoking, drugs, etc.

I dealt with one teen that decided they were gay. I pointed out that they might be bi-sexual, but they were not Gay. Since I remembered when they were totally, 100% in love with someone of the oppposite sex. Hence, impossible to be homosexual. <grin> Then told them to be careful not to lie to themselves.

Kids just don't know what they are talking about. IT's for us adults to see through it and guide them. If your wrapped up in the 'shock value', then your toast. They picked the perfect shocker for you. <wink>

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Since: Apr 08

Newtown, CT

#27 Oct 13, 2008
mmmm wrote:
<quoted text>you are nuts!! there is only one God. GET THE BIBLE. you need JESUS...
No. YOU are obviously the one who "needs" Jesus.

I'm fine with my beliefs. I've been Christian and it left me with more questions than answers.

I'm fine with accepting people for who and what they are.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#28 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah..not to be mean we each have a choice..but I have a nephew that went through a faze of wicca..truthfully all i ever seen or heard from it was the alchol,drugs and gang sex..deny that if you will, i dont really care, but i do no what my nephew went thru, and the state he got into, there is no love in wicca except the feel good state, satan dont love you he just wants ur soul..now like i said im not saying this to be mean..but just wanted u to know thats really not the answer and if u have ever served Christ then u know this..and come judgemnt day..you will reap what u sow..so God Bless Jesus loves u and so do I..
Then your nephew... if he really existed and tried Wicca, wasn't doing it properly. Many people believe that is what Wicca is all about. I believe you are lying because that is one of the biggest misnomers of our faith, and the first thing "well-meaning" Christians like yourself accuse us of. It's propaganda, pure and simple.

I've never had "gang sex" before. I've been with the same man for over 5 years now. I've had the opportunity to have sex with more than one person, and I've always said no.

Drugs? Yeah, BEFORE I was a Wiccan/Pagan, I was into drugs. When I turned to Paganism and Wicca, it actually led me AWAY from drugs. It must have been pretty powerful to allow me to turn my back on the meth I WAS doing. I haven't touched it in 14 years now, and I chose Paganism about 12 years or so ago.

As far as you being mean... why should what you say hurt me? Those things are what your own flesh and blood allegedly did, not what I've done. Again, I'm pretty familiar with the Christian propaganda about Wicca and Paganism. You're not the first to say it, and you'll not be the last. But, I think I know my religion better than you do... you who gets your information from your church.

We don't worship Satan, either. He is a Christian figure, not a Pagan one. He's yours, not mine. Nice try, though.

The rule I live by is "Harm none, do what you will"

Harming none includes myself. Doing drugs and sleeping around isn't exactly a taboo in our beliefs, but I believe that those things CAN and sometimes DO harm people.

If I reap what I sow then I expect to get good things. I am a VERY good person who helps her fellow human without judgement. It's not my place to be judgemental of anyone... so, why do you think it's yours?

I know you'd like to think I'm so weak-minded as to be "converted" by you, but I am very devout in my faith as you are in yours. I respect your right to believe as you choose. Too bad people like you don't offer the same respect...

Blessed be! May the bounty of the God and Goddess grant you a fruitful harvest. May you always have food on your table and a smile in your heart.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#29 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
so you worship things? ok i get it..so when you are having a problem in life and you pray to this "think" do you get peace from it, do you feel its presance in ur life on a daily bases, do you see ur Gods glory in nature and wonder how he created it, do you see ur body and wonder how in the world he created it, and wonder what kind of thoughts went into this creation..I don't know about u, but I really do think a "thing" would have a little bit of trouble with this task..anyway..hope that works out for u, but if you ever want a real God..open the Bible..he's always alive on those pages..God Bless
I don't even know why I bother...

I don't "worship" things.

I do revere in the beauty that is all around me. I rejoice in the balance of nature. I know in my heart that the world is not a masculine place, but a place of both male and female... of yin and yang... of God and Goddess.

A "real" God, huh? Very nice. Insulting other's beliefs. Such a petty human you are! IS that what Christianity has taught you? I know, it's the "my God and beat up your God mentality". Very nice, if you're 10 years old.

Go. Be with your own kind. Go to your church and have your Pagan hate fest. I'm so glad my religion teaches me that hatefulness of ANYTHING is bad.

When you celebrate Christmas this year... remember it was taken from the Pagans. Jesus was born in the spring, and Christmas was created by Christians in an effort to convert the Pagans... who celebrate Yule.

When you decorate the tree, it is a Pagan tradition to do so. when you color eggs for Easter, that's another Pagan tradition.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#30 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Goddess?????
Does it not take a man and a woman to create life?

Or, are we just Legos brought to life?

Why are you even on this Pagan forum? We don't want your God or your Bible.

Should any of us choose to return to Christianity (un-bloody-likely), we know where to go. There are several churches in pretty much every city and town. We'll find our way.

Run along now. Go hang out with Wayne in the Christian forums. Leave us in peace.
In Christ

London, KY

#31 Oct 13, 2008
oops sorry...seems i have stepped on someones toes..truth hurts huh..god bless

Since: Feb 08

ANOKA, MN

#32 Oct 13, 2008
No, hon, you didn't step on toes, you were going up to people and kicking them in the shins. One is accidental. The other is purposeful and mean-spirited. And I'll bet that truth doesn't hurt you one bit - self-righteousness is a wonderful pain-killer.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#33 Oct 13, 2008
Very well written Shellikins; however I think you are wasting your time on our troll. They are here to stir the cauldron a bit.

“NM Desert Rat”

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#34 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah..not to be mean we each have a choice..but I have a nephew that went through a faze of wicca..truthfully all i ever seen or heard from it was the alchol,drugs and gang sex..deny that if you will, i dont really care, but i do no what my nephew went thru, and the state he got into, there is no love in wicca except the feel good state, satan dont love you he just wants ur soul..now like i said im not saying this to be mean..but just wanted u to know thats really not the answer and if u have ever served Christ then u know this..and come judgemnt day..you will reap what u sow..so God Bless Jesus loves u and so do I..
Sounds like your nephew was into something very far removed from Wicca. I am probably wasting my time with this but I'm going to say it anyway. If you are going to go to a site and spout off about how bad their religion is the least you could do is pull your head out of your rear, do a little research and hopefully have an intelligent conversation.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#35 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what your nephew was into, but it sure wasn't Wicca.
Hello

Lakeland, FL

#36 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
I got a better one for you. "Ignorance is bliss".

In ignorance, many push folks away from Christ. And do so with such arrogance and pride.

Christ did not do this. Such things are not walking in Christ footsteps. Ignornace is bliss, until he says "I know you not." Then the truth hurts.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#37 Oct 13, 2008
In Christ wrote:
Truth?

YOU hardly know the truth.

No one does. That's why it's FAITH, not FACT.

I'll be keeping my faith. I prefer to believe in something that is loving and that asks people to be kind to each other.

All you seem to like to do is spread lies and hate. No thanks.

The funny think is... everything I've read about Jesus... he wants people to be kind. He's not self-rightous, but self sacrificing... am I correct?

Wow. That sounds more like me than you. Funny how that works sometime.

You believe I will be judged someday. Guess what? SO WILL YOU. I will at least be known as a kind person who tried to help people without prejudice. It doesn't appear the same will be said about you.

Have a wonderful day! It's autumn here in New England, and the trees at almost at peek foliage.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#38 Oct 13, 2008
NM Desert Rat wrote:
Very well written Shellikins; however I think you are wasting your time on our troll. They are here to stir the cauldron a bit.
Thanks.

I know it's wasted. But, s/he kept calling me out. I had to respond.

Let this ignoramous think as (s)he likes. I have been more at peace since coming to Paganism than I ever was with Christianity.

I can't imagine living my life feeling like that person... anger and prejudice waste so much energy.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

#39 Oct 13, 2008
Shellikins wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been more at peace since coming to Paganism than I ever was with Christianity.
You and me both. I've actually done more study of the Christian faith since I became Pagan, and I have gained more appreciation for it. Being out from under the weight of all the Fundy nonsense helped me discover what Christ was really about.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#40 Oct 14, 2008
Awwww... lookie! We've been judged "clueless".

I wonder if s/he knows where that light bulb can go... ;)

“NM Desert Rat”

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#41 Oct 14, 2008
Shellikins wrote:
Awwww... lookie! We've been judged "clueless".
I wonder if s/he knows where that light bulb can go... ;)
I'm really disappointed I didn't get one. Darn, I'll have to try harder next time.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Newtown, CT

#42 Oct 14, 2008
There ya go, NM.

Always happy to help my fellow Pagans!:)
anonymous

Harvey, LA

#44 Nov 10, 2008
Oh the pointlessness of this argument!
Seek truth individually, and respect those who do.
Share the truth you find, but don't just repeat the "truth" of others. This is how we will all reach enlightenment.
If you think penitence, constant apology, living as if you are dirty, and seeing everything as "sin" or "not sin" is the way, then you will never see the truth.

“Here to stay!”

Since: Oct 07

Pasco, WA

#45 Nov 10, 2008
Why is this article showing up in a PAGAN Forum?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edgar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) Apr '15 neutral 103
News Downtown fire contained to one building (Feb '15) Feb '15 Jamestheduke21 1
News Iowa driver dies during race in Nebraska (Oct '13) Oct '13 Jim Morrison 1
News Communities rally around men injured in elevato... (Oct '13) Oct '13 aintlifefine 1
Jobs available (Aug '12) Aug '12 Associated Staffing 1
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Edgar, NE (May '12) May '12 firtree 3
Debate: Obama-Economy - Edgar, NE (May '12) May '12 firtree 1

Edgar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Edgar Mortgages