Opinion on Sheriff Murphy

Posted in the Eddyville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Mayfield

#1 Mar 19, 2009
What is your opinon of Sheriff Kent Murphy and his Deputies.
Chasity Brown

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2010
I think Sheriff Kent Murphy needs to get gone he doesnt do anything at all....Anyone can sit in a office or ride around in a car.....My 3 year old son can do a better job then him......He wont help you if you dont have the right name in the town and passes all the work off to the next shift not that they are any better......Im not sure who is worse HIM OR THE EDDYVILLE PD!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Spirit Lake, IA

#3 Sep 23, 2010
awww. Do you have hard feelings against the Eddyville PD because of Benny?
lmao

Paducah, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2010
he's the whole reason i hate cops, he makes me sick and one day he is going to find it hard to be benny kaufman because of the way he treats people.. he's not always going to be a cop.. and the people he has pissed off and been dirty towards are nt always going to be in jail.. all it takes is one of those guys with nothing to lose... and benny will be nothing more thand a tombstone to mow around.. that's typically how shit like that goes down. just like Randi.. no offense, but we all know she's a snitch, and sadly enough some sad low life is probably sitting in jail or prison right now plotting on her, you can only screw so many people before your time is up. those are just the sad facts of it.
Chasity Brown

United States

#5 Sep 23, 2010
No hard feelings against the whole PD I love Wiley to death.....Benny it gets personal and when he becomes that tombstone me and my son wont have to deal with him or his shit anymore.....Now things are going good between us right now but he thinks my child is a pawn above my head and no child should be used that way.....I just really think eddyville popo sucks and serve no purpose Benny or no Benny I would think the same about Kent.....What Sherriff department lets someone out the back door at a meth bust because he is sleeping with their sister......LYON COUNTY......Barney Fife is what they all are....Rent a cops.......They dont serve a purpose unless they have something against you then they wanna do their jobs....As far as Randi yeah she is a snitch and should be in fear of her life but she has more guts than the eddyville pd....if one of them people do get out of prison and you hear they are going after her call me i wanna watch
lmao

Paducah, KY

#6 Sep 24, 2010
that's hilarious, what meth bust are you talking about? if that's true it's crazy, but it wouldn't really surprise me, this whole town still runs on the good ol' boy system. they do what they want when they want.. I would love nothing more than for ALL the politicians and police to be replaced with people who aren't from here.. this town would be amazed at how much more efficient the justice system worked
udntneedakno

Madisonville, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2010
He is a chicken he never goes to any of the calls so ya i personally dont like him so lets get him outta here!!
lmao

Paducah, KY

#8 Sep 24, 2010
haha you guys crack me up.idk about all that, but he's a pretty dirty individual.. no wonder he stopped being amish.. he disgraced his own kind.
scootertrash

AOL

#9 Sep 27, 2010
udntneedakno, You are clueless. Kent Murphy answers more calls than any Sheriff I have ever known. Being an ex-deputy (not from here) I've known plenty. Kent's Deputy's do a good job. You have to understand that their job is not exactly the same as the PD. As for as Brother Benny Kaufman is concerned. He has got to be the dirtiest cop I have ever met. From droping dope to fathering children with underage girls. To mustleing teenagers just for the fun of it. He doesn't know the meaning of the words "Probable Cause". I don't wish him any harm. However, Shane needs to dump him before lawsuits start flying.

Since: Sep 10

Spirit Lake, IA

#10 Sep 27, 2010
Shane is HOT! mmmmm
lmao

Paducah, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2010
scootertrash, you hit the nail on the head fo sho.
Anonymous

Henderson, KY

#12 Oct 2, 2010
OMG, ARE YOU PEOPLE THAT STUPID. OK I APOLOGIZE I SHOULDN'T HAVE CALLED YOU NAMES. WHY DON'T WE LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE? HOW MANY OF YOU CAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH BREAKING THE LAW? NOW I'M NOT A KENT MURPHY FAN OR A BENNY FAN, BUT SOME OF THE OTHERS THAT WORK FOR THOSE DEPARTMENTS DESERVE MORE CREDIT THEN WHAT YOUR GIVING THEM. EXAMPLE, THE SHERIFFS OFFICE CAN ONLY DO WHAT KENT SAYS. SOME OR GO ABOVE THAT AND TRY TO DO THE BEST THEY CAN WITH WHAT THEY CAN. ALSO YOU PEOPLE KNOW THE LAWS...SO DON'T GET UPSET WHEN YOU GET CHARGED FOR BREAKING THEM. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL OR DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT YOU GET CALLED TO THE SAME PEOPLE FOR THE SAME COMPLAINTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THIS ISN'T HIGH SCHOOL YOU NEED TO GROW UP TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY. THEY DIDN'T GET SWORN IN TO BE PERFECT, THEY ARE HERE TO PROTECT AND SERVE THE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS OF THE COMMUNITY. LAST BUT NOT LEAST IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY ARE DOING THEN YOU GO TO THE ACADEMY AND BECOME A POLICE OFFICER AND I DARE YOU TO TRY AND DO THEIR JOB BETTER.
Dude

Cadiz, KY

#13 Oct 2, 2010
Shannon Oliver is the best Deputy we have.
I agree

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2010
Shannon is not only the best SO but a great person too.
Anonymous

Henderson, KY

#15 Oct 2, 2010
Shannon is young and doesn't always no what to do. He's a good guy and good at his job but Robert Harris is absolutly the best officer in that county. He's fair and knows what he's doing. He has complete respect from the community and all I've ever heard is how much he's loved there. $100 bucks says he will be the next sheriff when it comes time to run again.
I agree

United States

#16 Oct 2, 2010
First off Robert Harris is probably the one that posted that last comment. Second, he's about as dirty as they get. He has the whole 'what Kent or my wife doesn't know, won't hurt anyone' type of attitude. He will never get my vote. Shannon is young but has more common sense than Deputy Harris or the other guy. And no, my thoughts aren't based on being arrested or in trouble with the law. I've never even had a speeding ticket. But I know him and his wife and I know he's just dirty and not trustworthy. Hes the biggest hypocrite and liar I've ever met, with his wife in a close second.
Anonymous

Henderson, KY

#17 Oct 3, 2010
Well I'm not Robert Harris, but your dead wrong. I've known him for a long time and yes he's had wife type issues before but anyone that has known him for any amount of time will tell you he is completely wrapped up in his family. Now I agree about the what Kent doesn't know wont hurt him but with Kent you have to be that way. Know lets talk fact....Robert Harris has solved some of the biggest cases around here, Kent Reed, the drug stores that were being broken into ect. The point is he takes the time and puts all his efforts into his job. How exactly is that being a hipocrite? He's not out breaking the law, or doing things like sleeping with minors or just sitting on his ass. So what exactly are you refering to? Moving on to his wife, haven't known her as long but from what I understand she grew up rough and has come along way to make the best of her life. And to me it seems together they have done a damn good job of it. They both give back 100% to their community. I ask what do you do?
I agree

United States

#18 Oct 3, 2010
You obviously don't know him as well as you think you do. As far as his job, good for him. I'm honestly glad that he has done his job. I also know that he has said he was responding to a call while he sat for 15 more minutes on his couch before actually going. He does love his family, very much in fact but he also loves every other woman that crosses his path. Also allows minors to drink at his house then drive, as well as anyone else that goes there. His wife I don't know that well either, her past is very well known, both if theirs is. And yes she seems to love her family and take care of them as well but when I see them fighting in the front yard yelling and screaming that doesn't seem like they're better than anyone else on the street. So I say, a Sheriff breaking the law, sleeping with minors, sleeping and sitting on his butt.. Sounds like Robert Harris to me. Giving back to the community 100%? That just makes me laugh out loud. I will give them about 20% toward their community outreach though. I'm finished with this, I didn't respond to argue, only to state my opinion which we are all entitled to.
get real

Princeton, KY

#19 Oct 3, 2010
Ok, it seems people cannot make mistakes or have issues. Everyone in this country has skeletons some people do change it is up to that person to decide when to change. Instead of bashing everyone you think you can hurt why doesn't everyone look inside of their own closest and see what they need to clean out. I know Robert, Benny, Kent, and Shannon all of them are great in their own aspect. Everyone has problems but we shouldn't blame our problems on everyone else just because of what they decided to do with their life and change. It is funny that when someone is in the public eyes it is so easy to try to bash them everyone one of these guys are missing time with their family to protect you. I see almost everyone of them working when most people refuse to go to work because flipping burgers isn't enough. Only one person in this world will Judge me and it is none of you I only have to answer to one all Mighty person that is God. As far as our Sheriff and his deputies they do the best they can with what they got. I would trust them and appreciate them more than state police and other agencies. They seem to care what happens in our community they are always on patrol and seem to do their job. They seem fair and consistant in their duties. Sheriff Murphy has done a good job for several years now, Deputy Harris has been with the sheriff's office for several years as well sure he has had issues in the past but since his new wife I have never seen anyone happier, Deputy Oliver is very good and will be a great deputy with more experience. These guys do all they can for us and we need to appreciate them for what they do, because the next traffic stop they may make may be their last. These guys put their life on the line everyday and sure this is Lyon Co (nothing ever happens here right) well those will be the words I bet they would love to say at that moment. So in conclusion before you assume something about people maybe everyone should look in their own backyard to see what may be lurking around because someday you will have to answer for what you have done in the past and EVERYONE CAN CHANGE YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT TO.
Dude

Cadiz, KY

#20 Oct 3, 2010
I like Robert. Went to school with him all my life. I think that he may not agree with everything I believe or do but when it comes right down to the nut-cuttin or when the shit hits the fan, I trust him. Shannon too. If I ever pull up on either of these two and they are penned down by gunfire or something like that by a goblin, Im gonna help em take the bad guy out. They both know me and Id say that they are damn glad to have me on their side and certainly would be if the shit hit the fan. BTW, Robert ur wife told me ur kid was coming home. Glad he his doing better.--ANON

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
princeton bowling alley girls 47 min eda344 1
Question about Oasis... (Nov '14) 2 hr just a thought 18
Dacia salyers 2 hr lol 4
little andrea martin from lyon 3 hr bengoth 1
Hydro Gear 3 hr just a thought 3
wondering 4 hr Just Curious 1
clara Wed clara 3
More from around the web

Eddyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE