liquor vote in jan.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jibert

Benton, KY

#1 Nov 26, 2012
well how you gonna vote on the wet/dry election? people only have to drive a mile..
citizen

Chicago, IL

#2 Nov 26, 2012
I am voting no because i do enjoy knowing our streets are safer and i have not seen anything where we will benefit financially. One of the main reasons that my family chose Lyon County was because it was dry. Alcohol is not far to get and i just believe people will drink at home instead of at a bar then driving home drunk. Maybe im niave but my opinion.
Jack Daniels

Madisonville, KY

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Vote YES. It gave Trigg & Dawson more jobs & revenue. Those who don't want drink can always not buy alcohol. Don't make those of us who do drive 10 miles down the road & give Caldwell our $ that could be spent on roads, law enforcement, emt, etc for Lyon. By voting no you aren't stopping anyone from drinking, you are just encouraging them to drink it while driving back home from a longer distance.
yes

Bellevue, WA

#4 Nov 26, 2012
people are going to drink regardless. I vote yes!
abstaining

La Fayette, KY

#5 Nov 27, 2012
yes wrote:
people are going to drink regardless. I vote yes!
Under that same argument... People still are doing Meth. Let us legalize that too while we're at it. Voting NO!!
Dan

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Nov 27, 2012
I hope it doesn't go through. I am considering moving to the area. That would be a deal breaker for me as I would want to be in an area that is family friendly instead of a party town. I have seen negative results from a wet community over and over.
Jim Beam.

Murray, KY

#7 Nov 27, 2012
Vote yes. That way I can buy it on my way home from work. Marshall county don't want my money. Il give it to you guys.
citizen

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 27, 2012
Dan...move quick so your vote counts;)
citizen

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 27, 2012
How do you see the election ending? Realistically?
uknow

Morgantown, KY

#10 Nov 28, 2012
I'm voting yes me and my wife
Yes

Paducah, KY

#11 Nov 28, 2012
Vote yes so we wont have to drive forever just to get a drink
kom

Owensboro, KY

#12 Nov 28, 2012
well you can already get a drink in lyon county, so why not let some of the other lyon county businesses do the same?
Jack Daniels

Madisonville, KY

#13 Nov 29, 2012
After Princeton & Cadiz went wet I think its very likely Eddyville will be serving alcohol legally very soon :)
mom

Rockford, IL

#14 Nov 29, 2012
kom wrote:
well you can already get a drink in lyon county, so why not let some of the other lyon county businesses do the same?
it is my understanding that there will be only 2 liqour licenses given out for whole county..any truth to that?
Dan

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Dec 4, 2012
I grew up in a county that was wet in one of the towns. I lived on the side that was not. I can tell you that the people were much down to earth, respectful, and friendly on the dry side. There were less problems as well. Take it however you wish. If I ever move again I will sure take that in to consideration. I love the Grand Rivers area and have meet some very wonderful people and would love to live there one day.
question

Madisonville, KY

#16 Dec 7, 2012
Where can I get a "Vote Yes" sign around here? I've seen plenty of the "no" signs. Please, everyone, get out and vote in January!
In the know

Cadiz, KY

#17 Dec 7, 2012
Vote yes signs may be picked up at the Lake Barkley Tourist Commission, 82 Days Inn Drive, Kuttawa. (the building is behind Huddle House)
Free American

Sacramento, KY

#18 Dec 7, 2012
If you vote no then all you might as well by stock in tumble weeds. This town economy went WAY down when Trigg went wet. Lyon county is during a slow and painful death. We need the yes vote for economic froth and security. Just go to Oasis and see how many "up standing citizens" you see at the bar. Just because you have a drink doesn't make you bad.
kom

Dawson Springs, KY

#19 Dec 7, 2012
well call and talk to all your friends and relatives..after the election it will be to late..it may be along time before it comes up again if it loses.
Fake

United States

#20 Dec 10, 2012
! I grew up where there is a liquor store on any corner but I couldn't of asked for a better childhood. There was 4 alcohol related deaths in the past 2 weeks in Lyon county. Just because there is or is not a store does not matter! Lyon county needs to get rid of all these old school hillbilllys that are running it and make something happen, what a huge waste that mall is. There needs to be stores in it!! That is a beautiful mall and could be a great place for kids to hangout at. There is absolutely nothin for teens to do around here but go get drunk in a cornfield, who's fault is that?? I guarantee half these fake ass people with vote no signs will go in and vote yes when it comes down to it, yeah Lyon county has a lot of fake ass "church goers"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eddyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chelsea Scott 30 min Lizzy 1
holland (Nov '14) 30 min Just wondering 7
Messing wit my woman 2 hr mee 4
omg Lee Brown on Craigslist once again lol 10 hr wth 1
Smithland Music Thread (May '12) 10 hr Musikologist 15
best asphalt driveway contractors Wed penny 3
Cabin Deli Tue whatever 18
More from around the web

Eddyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE