Toyota Bringing 2,000 Jobs To North M...

Toyota Bringing 2,000 Jobs To North Mississippi

There are 30 comments on the WREG story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Toyota Bringing 2,000 Jobs To North Mississippi. In it, WREG reports that:

The company broke ground on a plant in Blue Springs in 2007 but the next year announced it was delaying plans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sherrie Stewart

Dallas, TX

#1 Jun 18, 2010
When will they start the hiring process?
my2sense

Cordova, TN

#2 Jun 18, 2010
It would be nice to see the politians in Tennessee do something to bring jobs our way.

Sure, there's been some growth in Middle and East Tennessee However, West Tennessee has been somewhat of a outcast in regards to growth. I understand Memphis has had it's issues over the past 20 years such as loss of businesses, high crime rates, school issues, consolidation and tension within the city government.

We have seen businesses moving from Memphis to North Mississipi quite a bit over the years. It's true that many people who live in West Tennessee work in North Mississippi which to some might not mean much since they have kept their jobs. They just have to drive a little further.

The other side of that coin is that the worker that lives in Tennessee and works in Mississippi is paying state payroll tax to Mississippi, plus by virture of the fact that workers are going to Mississippi daily, it just makes sense they're going to spend money there by going out to lunch, do some shopping and buying gas either before work, during lunch time or after get out of work. It's only natural that the businesses that have relocated to North Mississippi will be utilizing the services of local Mississippi businesses more often to maintain their property and etc. Once again, Tennessee loses out on the tax money that is brought in by those sales and general spending.

Hopefully, the new administration that gets elected this fall to represent our state will not give false promises to the constituents in West Tennessee. And for once will actually work with our local governments to help us to attract business to West Tennessee.
Tired of idiots

Winona, MS

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Yeah, well, they promised that three years ago and that fell thru. I'll believe it when it happens.
Tracey

AOL

#4 Jun 18, 2010
This a a great economic time for the people of North Mississippi. Bringing in alot of needed jobs to the area. I would like to know how and where to apply for a position at this new plant.
ARM

Memphis, TN

#5 Jun 18, 2010
I would like to know what the pay scale would be. I'm a CNC Machinist with 30 yrs exp. and I would love to move further south.
liberal democrat

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Jun 21, 2010
Tired of idiots wrote:
Yeah, well, they promised that three years ago and that fell thru. I'll believe it when it happens.
i dont want them in here just yet. the governor, built a new service road to the toyota plant at the cost of taxpayers, planning on building more unecessary infastructure for the new plant. he is taxing the hell out of all of us. i dont want to pay more money for beer and cigarettes. he even wants to put an extra tax on my lap dance at the strip bar. its gonna cost me more money to go see some real live boobies. why should the smokers, drinkers, and skirt chasers have to be taxed to death on what they love to do?...so toyota can have ten access roads to the plant. are they going to be shipping out that many cars? its time we vote these religous government leaders out of office! they are taking away our freedoms.
nclowram00

Olive Branch, MS

#7 Jun 21, 2010
how and where can i apply for a job there
taco

Olive Branch, MS

#8 Jun 21, 2010
nclowram00 wrote:
how and where can i apply for a job there
hey i need a job there, went to manpower temp agency, they said all i need was a social security number from someone. the construction business has hit the bottom. they said if i came back with a social security number, i could get hired at toyota and work as a temp. anybody up here from mexico needing a job, manpower is the best place to go. they will do everything possible to help you find a job. oh dont worry about raids, manpower is responsible for all the fines and prosecutions. you can just run away, look for the next job up the street with another temp agency. anyone out there would like to volunteer their social security number so i can get a job at toyota?
Sick of Memphis

Hornsby, TN

#9 Jun 21, 2010
taco wrote:
<quoted text> hey i need a job there, went to manpower temp agency, they said all i need was a social security number from someone. the construction business has hit the bottom. they said if i came back with a social security number, i could get hired at toyota and work as a temp. anybody up here from mexico needing a job, manpower is the best place to go. they will do everything possible to help you find a job. oh dont worry about raids, manpower is responsible for all the fines and prosecutions. you can just run away, look for the next job up the street with another temp agency. anyone out there would like to volunteer their social security number so i can get a job at toyota?
That's is exactly how Mexicans get jobs.

Since it's going to be a non-union company, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Toyota hired illegal Mexicans to build the cars.
TJMemphis

United States

#10 Jun 21, 2010
I heard they pay really well. Sure hope they open soon,anything to help the economy.
liberal democrat

Olive Branch, MS

#11 Jun 21, 2010
TJMemphis wrote:
I heard they pay really well. Sure hope they open soon,anything to help the economy.
if you were a mississippi resident, you would have already helped. our govenor and the union county supervisor just gave away 294 million dollars for local contractors to build access roads, and toyota for tax breaks. wonder if the contractors hired legal americans? we need a citizen taxpayer oversight commission to look into this.
abbymom09

Senatobia, MS

#12 Jun 22, 2010
I currently live in Senatobia, MS. And am wanting to relocate to Tupelo not only for the Toyota plant but heard its tons better. So i really hope it opens and gives jobs to American citizens not people that arent suppose be over here neways.
Joe

Booneville, MS

#13 Jun 24, 2010
After Jesse Jackson recently gave his big ol' hate speech in Chattanooga to secure jobs for HIS people at the new Volkswagen factory, I wonder how long it will be before he shows up in Sherman with AL not so SHARPton, Rev. "God damn America" Wright, and Henry Gates,the Harvard professor that has a PhD. in teaching hate. If political correctness rules here, then whitey need not apply!
Joyce Shoffner

Memphis, TN

#14 Jun 30, 2010
Any word yet on when you can apply at the Toyota plant in Blue Springs??
ExMemphian

Memphis, TN

#15 Jun 30, 2010
taco wrote:
<quoted text> hey i need a job there, went to manpower temp agency, they said all i need was a social security number from someone. the construction business has hit the bottom. they said if i came back with a social security number, i could get hired at toyota and work as a temp. anybody up here from mexico needing a job, manpower is the best place to go. they will do everything possible to help you find a job. oh dont worry about raids, manpower is responsible for all the fines and prosecutions. you can just run away, look for the next job up the street with another temp agency. anyone out there would like to volunteer their social security number so i can get a job at toyota?
Dear GOD in Heaven!!IF you are telling the truth then I really hope you do not get a job. "Get someone's SS #??? Serioulsy?
Im going to send this post to Manpower....so thank you!
taco

Olive Branch, MS

#16 Jun 30, 2010
ExMemphian wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear GOD in Heaven!!IF you are telling the truth then I really hope you do not get a job. "Get someone's SS #??? Serioulsy?

manpower temp agency already knows my situation. im still trying to find a social security number so they can put me into their system and send me to toyota in blue springs. they claim so long as i have a social security number that the feds will not question my legal status or audit thier business for hiring illegals. they claim that they are not violating any federal laws by hiring me with a social security number, but if i were to get hurt on the job, i would be considered on my own. they also claim that manpower has never been fined by the federal government for hiring illegals. my friend lenoz just got a job with them, he lucked up and found a social security number. im still looking. the private contractor (his former boss)from his previous job gave him a social security number that belonged to one of the white boys that worked there. he no longer works for the contractor because the contractor/owner got raided by the federal government, was faced with a large fine, had to file for bankrupt. someone must to have ratted on him. manpower temp agency say that they do not hire suspected whistle blowers to work in their offices and processing centers. they also told me that they could show a payroll tax with a social security number (which i do not have yet). so i would be a tax payer making a contribution to the economy.
liner

Bronx, NY

#17 Jun 30, 2010
ExMemphian wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh cmon, don't you know a troll when you smell one?

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#18 Jun 30, 2010
to anyone who gets a job with when they tell you to JUMP YOU BETTER ASK HOW HIGH & IF THEY WANT TO F YOU OVER TAKE WITH A SMILE
liner

Bronx, NY

#19 Jul 1, 2010
beerhunter wrote:
to anyone who gets a job with when they tell you to JUMP YOU BETTER ASK HOW HIGH & IF THEY WANT TO F YOU OVER TAKE WITH A SMILE
Did you know that there are actually people out there that would take a job like that in a NY minute?

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#20 Jul 1, 2010
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that there are actually people out there that would take a job like that in a NY minute?
I do & if they cannot jump as high as the boss wants they well be fired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecru Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stokes cashiers Fri Uwish 2
Wow Chris Robertson, and Tony Baker have pull! Thu anon1 2
Tookie Nesbit Nov 13 ArielleKing 4
News Public offers input on proposed jail Nov 11 Humanity 85
Paulina or Bubba Bledsoe (Mar '17) Nov 8 BUBBA 4
Booneville Meth Users #246 Nov 8 Yup 2
New Albany Middle School Principal Nov 7 ballin 4

Ecru Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance