The Wonderful Ecorse Police Department Not !

Posted in the Ecorse Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 115 Comments Last updated Mar 9, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ecorse_Should_Fo ld

Bellville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

Here is one for that great police department. Not!
At 3:30 PM Monday 12/29 a call was placed to advise them that Benjamin Bilbrey white male age approx of 20 - 25 Short dark hair wearing a gray jacket with a black & white checkered sweater and dark pants was breaking down the door of 47 Ruth Street. The dispatch advised they would respond pronto. They didn't even show. At 3:54 PM ... 22 minutes after the call the thief went over the back fence with loot in hand. He also had time to break into the garage and steal a weed wacker and a muffler and other things he could carry off. Having parted unopposed and hiding his loot....
A second call was placed to the EPD and asked why they failed to respond. They advised that they had someone leaving the station. They did show up in time to find Bilbrey returning for a second load. Having stashed the first load they only advised him not to return to the scene of the crime. They couldn't do anything since he had plenty of time to stash the evidence. 22 minutes to respond to a B&E in progress is pathetic. Even though he was spotted down the street returning for a second load the police were to busy to take him in. So the property owner lost property and had damage to his home and his garage. Now those of you that stand up for this incompetent force ??? Let's see you stand up for them when this happens to you. Come on back Benji ...if you had picked one house over your ass would have met Smith & Wesson and you would have left on a strecher. Those of you in that area beware this fine police department let him go to strike yet again. Ecorse should Fold!
Ecorse_Should_Fo ld

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

What I want to know is why this lame council voted to send Worthless to Washington DC?
Every time I ask that fat ass about tearing down abandond houses he states they are on the list.
Must be a real long list since I have been waiting since his fat ass was elected. He needs to go to DC like we need Salsbury back.
The council should be recalled just for that stupid move.
william shattner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

wow heard the latest the mayor now pays his son direct for services rendered, including his kick back. what a scamm this guy is running wild. whats the excuse oh thats a salisbury thing blame it on somebody else when the chief runs the show. So the rumor which is coming to light that the mayor and few choice council people we will call A is now pissed at the MMS dpw there out. The gravy must of stopped so time for a change rumor has it the so called overcharging came from MMS covering the city council and mayors payroll! The big change will come and you the people of Ecorse will not be the ones to thank for the change You just all sit back and be led by the biggest bunch of thieves in your community. Churches, Seniors, so called friends you are all being scammed I hope,I pray that the news jumps on these people for that raping and pillidging of our city and ctitzens. When you all feel betrayed in the end realize what one mans lye has done to us HE WILL NOT BE BACK The truth will set him free That, I mean from his devils seat in the mayors office. Be at the next council meeting if you really want to hear something amazing about rightous leaders. OH and brunetta brandy sleeps with whoever in charge thats how she got her position on her knees what a lovely smile OH excuse me thats not mayonaise on her lips gulp gulp!
tina louise

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

now they go and take care of another worthy family member premote rob worthy to deputy chief well i guess daddy couldnt stick in the chiefs back so he stuck his son up front!
MANTRILLE JOHNSON

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

deputty cheif what nex he goin to pramote his own self to king of the unevarse dang this is jus outta han mucho how u doin i was out a commision for a few day sliped on the ice why fishin on lake st helan ice mite be thick but steel vary sliipary nothang broke thougt i need to git a lap top cooldnt sit at the desk lol
MANTRILLE JOHNSON

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2009

Ecorse_Should_Fold wrote:
What I want to know is why this lame council voted to send Worthless to Washington DC?
Every time I ask that fat ass about tearing down abandond houses he states they are on the list.
Must be a real long list since I have been waiting since his fat ass was elected. He needs to go to DC like we need Salsbury back.
The council should be recalled just for that stupid move.
dam rite waitin forevar an u no it aint gonna happan thay both bad eggs salsbary and worth less
Adreal

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

i called 911 last month when i woman had fallen down and was hurt....my cell phone said 911 was not working...i thought it was my cell butt it turned out it wasn't.....
The Truth RAW

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Get a better phone company! I pushed that woman down, there was no need to call for any assistance! It was RAW
Adreal

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Adreal wrote:
i called 911 last month when i woman had fallen down and was hurt....my cell phone said 911 was not working...i thought it was my cell butt it turned out it wasn't.....
i believe it
The Truth RAW

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

No vaseline! Rawness in all it's purest form! Care for a demo?
novembercomearly

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Adreal wrote:
wasnt it down because of the storms.
Clarification please

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Adreal, please be sure about things before you post nonsense. The police department has enough to deal with without someone splathering suspicions such as you are doing. It was down because of the storms, this is totally different than how you made it sound.

Truth, you are one twisted individual. If I didn't know better I would think there is more than one person posting under the same name. You give me the creeps.
gernack

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

help
EPD a joke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Half of the officers hang aroung drug dealers, 90% are scared to go into the projects, let alone arrest any one (including the black officers), and most drink every night and day, then arrest persons for the same crimes they commit.

Since: Nov 09

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

This is not totally true there are some good officers in Ecorse & there are tons that left 2 go 2 other cities because the city didnt treat them right. Most of this is a reflection of the leadership in the city. Most of the leadership in the city doesnt want these things for 1 reason or another or they dont care 2 hold their employees 2 a standard. If 90% of the politicians in Ecorse werent corrupt and out for them selves these problems wouldnt exist!!!! Hopefully the reciever cleans up this mess and straightens this place out!!!
in the news

Wyandotte, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

DETROIT — An Ecorse police officer was awarded nearly $900,000 last week in a racial discrimination lawsuit that claimed he was passed over for a promotion because he is white.

Timothy Sassak, 43, was one of six corporals who took a test in 2004 to determine their eligibility for a promotion to sergeant.

While national standards dictate that the cutoff for a passing score is 70, city officials upped the score initially to 90 and then lowered it slightly to just below the score of a black corporal they wanted to promote, according to Sassak’s attorney, Amos Williams.

That corporal, Gregory Blade, was allowed to leave the testing location with the exam for two hours and turn it in later, while everyone else had to complete the test on site, Williams said.

“Had the exam been scored on the 70 percent, Blade would not have been promoted and we don’t feel he should have been allowed anyway, considering he left the exam site with the exam,” Williams said.

When Sassak, who has been on the force for 21 years, complained about what he called a flawed process, he was disciplined by former Police Chief George Anthony, Williams said.

Sassak then filed a grievance on the matter, but was told he would be disciplined further if he didn’t retract it and issue a letter of apology for even filing it, his attorney said.

“The city proceeded to discipline him over the next year and a half and then we filed suit,” Williams said.“We had no choice.”

During negotiations, Williams said, he and Sassak were willing to settle the case.

“I told the city to give my client $30,000 and the next promotion to sergeant and we’ll be done,” Williams said.“By the time we got back to my office, the city said,‘No, we withdraw.’ So we went to trial … and the jury awarded him $869,000.”

This isn’t the first time the city has had a major loss by not settling a claim.

Williams sued the city years ago on behalf of a former police chief who was fired in 2004 because of his age and later denied a pension.

Robert Shaw sued the city after officials ousted him as police chief because of a provision in the city charter that says a police or fire chief cannot stay on the job past the age of 60.

That provision was found to be illegal, costing the city millions of dollars. A jury awarded Shaw $2 million in damages in 2007.

“When you total everything, the city will pay out close to $3 million with his benefits,” Williams said.“I offered to settle that for $82,000 before filing the claim, but the city refused.…

“This is just the same pattern they keep doing. I get frustrated trying to deal with these people. My clients have all been willing to be reasonable.”

Sassak said he was pleased with the outcome, but regrets that it had to come to a lawsuit.

“I’m glad it’s over and that I won, but my whole thing is that it was never about the money,” he said.“It was only about the point.… I wouldn’t want any other officer to go through what I went through. No matter what race or color you are, you are supposed to be treated fairly and I wasn’t.”

While the jury was unable to order that the city promote Sassak to sergeant, he said he plans to continue seeking that rank should an opportunity arise again.

“I wouldn’t let this deter me from applying for a promotion in the future,” he said.“This is the department I’ve made my living in. It’s not a black or white issue. The only color I’ve ever seen is blue.”
Co-Co

Bellevue, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Worthy aint goin no wares word on da street is theres gonna b a miss trial.

Worthy 2011!!!!!
Thread Police

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

This one shold make the Ecorse wall of shame

Comment from the Hearald

" Ever have a problem after Midnight and visit the Lobby of the station?

Here is what you'll find.

this Fat Lazy Moron called Greg Blade behind the desk watching cable and obviously annoyed by you daring to need the police for anything. He will even let you stand there until he is good and ready to get off his fat booty. I never met a more dishonest fat lazy piece of $**t in my life.

Congrats to Tim S,

And Blade along with the idiots that let him take home the test because he is too stupid to do it on a level playing field by the rules, should both be fired. Blade you stink, you're lazy and you dress funny. "
cmm

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Thread Police wrote:
This one shold make the Ecorse wall of shame
Comment from the Hearald
" Ever have a problem after Midnight and visit the Lobby of the station?
Here is what you'll find.
this Fat Lazy Moron called Greg Blade behind the desk watching cable and obviously annoyed by you daring to need the police for anything. He will even let you stand there until he is good and ready to get off his fat booty. I never met a more dishonest fat lazy piece of $**t in my life.
Congrats to Tim S,
And Blade along with the idiots that let him take home the test because he is too stupid to do it on a level playing field by the rules, should both be fired. Blade you stink, you're lazy and you dress funny. "
How would you know you live Groose Point
VOTE SALISBURY

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Yep they are ridiculously rascist if you arnt the same as them.(ESPECIALLY WORTHY) Another reason why i got layed off. Im not dark enough. Have half a mind to sue them myself. And dont start with me. I happened to see all the white folks around me magically disappear while less qualified african american individuals got promoted or never left at all. Its bull, and im glad it came to light. I hope more people stand up and say that they felt discriminated against.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ecorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Batman v. Superman in Detroit: Downriver city c... 18 hr reality is a crutch 1
World War II vets from secret operation reunite... Wed Kevin 1
Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN .... (Aug '07) Wed Ray Lopez 4,691
Vacant Service Merchandise building being demol... Aug 13 Steve 2
Flooding info Aug 12 Ecorse Residents 1
Ecorse Drug Dealers (Nov '08) Aug 11 Arnold 123
Former mayor is arrested for drunken driving (Sep '06) Aug 11 Muslim 43

Search the Ecorse Forum:
•••
•••