Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....
Mr Danovich

Brighton, MI

#5069 May 5, 2014
Nay

United States

#5070 May 23, 2014
The dude that tried to jump the creek Kovalchick.
I grew up a little past those times.

Anyone remember when Daren was playing on the tracks and lost his foot?
The Saint Francis home for boys? I vaguely remember a guy Mike Zaccardo I think his name was.
Tricky Tim Jones, everyone's Sugar Bear (R.I.P)
Chiugans fish house over on White St and the stench that used to come out of that place (ugh)
D_Benson

Southgate, MI

#5071 May 28, 2014
G Potter wrote:
<quoted text> i heard that her and mike were still togeather and doing good
Jane is my aunt. She and Mike live in Romeo, have 3 beautiful daughters and are doing well
litebug

Monroe, MI

#5072 Jul 23, 2014
I just want to say my memories of ecorse are meeting terry earp .I met him at the carnival when I was sixteen .he had a wild side that I loved .he loved children and animals .he didn't like just anyone when he liked you .he was a friend .someone told me he was mentioned on this sight .so I wanted to say a little about him.he was burned horribly on a job spent monthes in a hospital .I married him and it was the happiest day of my life .he was in the navy .discharged honorably .forgive me I don't type .so much is said about him isn't true .or exaggerated I don't know why he went in the gas station it was empty .an x convict shot him .who shoudnt of had a gun .you love again yes you never forget .so those r my ecorse memories .
Ray Lopez

Belleville, MI

#5074 Aug 20, 2014
muchacho1962 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah they did pass on last he was into construction we worked together with Mr. Luna, Luna Cement Co. him I and Ray and Oscar Lopez Does anybody remember Ray Lopez sure miss my Bro.
Yea he was my dad today is his birthday:) Aug 20Th. I miss him as well..
Yorka Litorus

Clarksville, TN

#5075 Nov 11, 2014
Any one remember when the bowling alley blew up
Ripcord

Crawfordsville, IN

#5076 Nov 20, 2014
I made my first skydive into the Detroit River in Ecorse for the Water Festival on July 3rd, 1960.
I made a total of nine jumps for the Ecorse Water Festival, 03 July, 1960, 04 July, 1965, 03 July, 1966, 04 July, 1966, 02 July, 1967, 04 July, 1968, 06 July, 1968 and 06 June, 1990.
I also skydived into the Detroit River for different events in River Rouge, Wyandotte and Detroit.
I lived in River Rouge but Ecorse is special to me because I met my future and present wife in 1959 when she was a car hop at the Ecorse A&W.
Ripcord

Crawfordsville, IN

#5077 Nov 20, 2014
Ripcord wrote:
I made my first skydive into the Detroit River in Ecorse for the Water Festival on July 3rd, 1960.
I made a total of nine jumps for the Ecorse Water Festival, 03 July, 1960, 04 July, 1965, 03 July, 1966, 04 July, 1966, 02 July, 1967, 04 July, 1968, 06 July, 1968 and 06 June, 1990.
I also skydived into the Detroit River for different events in River Rouge, Wyandotte and Detroit.
I lived in River Rouge but Ecorse is special to me because I met my future and present wife in 1959 when she was a car hop at the Ecorse A&W.
I live now in Clinton, Indiana.
David A Mayen

Oceanside, CA

#5078 Dec 25, 2014
Atl Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi David. I am kristy and Larry's older sister. Larry is fine and married with two children ages 26 and 22 and Kristy- the same , with two grown children the same ages. I think I remember you being with Larry. Can you refresh my memory?
Hi Kristy! Merry Christmas!
Yes I was friends with Larry back in the day. I also had visited him in the early 90's and I believe I met your kids, Justin and Carly. Justin looked just like you!
I believe we also went through grade school together with Debbie and Denise Comrazon as well as Billy Green.
Remember Mr Isopi in 7th grade? I had lost touch with after you tranfered to Mt Carmel...
Anyway, again Merry Xmas to you and you family Kristy.
David A. Mayen

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#5079 Jan 26, 2015
Hello all, It's been a while since I posted on here, but I wish I had a happier message for today. I know some remember my brother in law, Richard Lujan because I've seen his name mentioned a few times. He passed away yesterday at a much too young age of 62, at his home in Flat Rock. I'll have more to say later on. Thanks for looking
B.B.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5080 Feb 12, 2015
Sorry to hear Bonzano. He was a great guy. RIP Rich.
Bulldog

United States

#5081 Feb 28, 2015
Atl Girl wrote:
Sorry to hear Bonzano. He was a great guy. RIP Rich.
Richie Lujan was great guy to everyone as far as I know. I never heard an unkind word toward him. All the Lujans were well liked. I know his older brother, Albert, was pretty cool and my sister hung with one of his sisters but I don't recall her name. Rest in Peace, Richie.
Shanemc13

Dearborn Heights, MI

#5082 Mar 25, 2015
I just found this page and decided to post. I grew up in Ecorse in the 90's. I had a lot of great memories. The greatest one would be playing street hockey almost everyday with the fellas behind the bank on Salliotte and Jefferson. What a great time!!!!
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#5083 Apr 2, 2015
I lived in Ecorse from the mid 60's to the early 70's so I remember the bank and much more. Great memories!
muchacho1962

Melvindale, MI

#5084 Apr 13, 2015
belinda wrote:
does anyone remember school3 on 7th street? i went there in the late 60s thru the 70s. i lived in potters trailer park.my moms parents and my dads parents lived on either side of us. us kids couldnt get away with anything. my grandfather took me to hopes drivein everyday for some kind of treats.at that time potters trailer park was a great place to live and grow up at.we couldnt wait for the creek there to freeze over so we could go skating.i have very good memories of ecorse and hope to visit there again 1 day.
hey belinda what your ls your last name did you have very light blond hair im randy chavez
Dan LeBlanc

Richmond, VA

#5085 Apr 23, 2015
Buckeye wrote:
Lee
Enjoyed some of your stories/ memories ...Did you know the Kurtz
brothers...I'm related to John but his brother Tom lost his long battle w/cancer. Many of the past Ecorse rowers would have memories of the Ecorse Boat Club! Watching rowing was a big part of my childhood in the summer & watching hockey with my mother's car lights on in the winter! John would have been late 50s..while my brothers were MUCH older(70-79). Dad went to high school when I believe it was on High Street (oh my sister respected Ms Garlington- whatever they say she was one classy lady)

The Kurtz brothers where my friends growing up. Jack was probably the best rower during those days, perfect form and tough. Tom was known around the Boat House as the guy that could do 300 push-ups. He trained as a weight lifter in his early teens. He and Jack won the 155 LBS Canadian Henley in the straight four along with Chester Spence and a good guy from Allen Park. I think Tom operated a furnace at Michigan Steel and Jack was one of the best auto mechanics in Downriver. Sad to hear that Tom died of cancer, probably was work related. Danny LeBlanc age 70 and still rowing at the Virginia Boat Club.
geo garcia

Monroe, MI

#5086 Jul 11, 2015
Guy Butch Wallace wrote:
<quoted text> KEEP THE CITIZNS INFORMED
thats the only way to be

just checkin to see if u were still around
Iyaseven

Seattle, WA

#5087 Aug 15, 2015
Gym teacher buss, said to be an ex-Chicago bear lineman. He tried that bully jive on me. I picked.up a big rock told him I would "bust his brains out" he never messed with me again .
Antoinette Bostick

Taylor, MI

#5088 Sep 7, 2015
I was in a spelling bee photo in the ecorse advertiser. How can I see that picture of me, an others in a downriver spelling bee competition. Can anyone help me find the old photos of me , probably 1972 to 1976
FunnyFace

Portland, OR

#5089 Oct 12, 2015
Disgusted wrote:
It was suggested by riverrat on another forum to start a post of good 'ol Ecorse memories. We all have those fond memories of growing up in Ecorse. Kind of like 'Cheer's Bar' where everyone knows your name -- that's Ecorse. No other city in Downriver like it.
Please share a fond memory of growing up in Ecorse (no politics, please). Let's continue to remember what has made Ecorse special. Feel free to post a long or short story about your Ecorse experiences.
I'll start...
Remember when ... there was free skating at the rink and the hot chocolate was hotter than any other hot chocolate on the planet!
Ok: at this Rink, Bruce Vidal save my Life, me choking on some candy.
I spent 75% of my Life their.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
River Rouge Musicians (Feb '10) 8 hr Bassman Walks 2
Whistle Stop Pop Shop (Jan '17) Oct 15 michigander 4
looking for old high school friend (Sep '08) Oct 11 SwampMaster 10
Trash pick up? Oct 9 Jean 1
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) Oct 5 Sbelen25 28
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) Oct 5 lifegoeson 55
Anyone remember Scumbag Officer Sam Milton (Oct '10) Sep '17 sisterhoe 26

Ecorse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance