Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....
xxx

Livonia, MI

#4339 Oct 11, 2010
Big Black wrote:
http://www.lexisone.com/lx1/ca selaw/freecaselaw?action=OCLGe tCaseDetail&format=FULL &sourceID=bcehb&search Term=ejbL.DiLa.aadj.eaaG&s earchFlag=y&l1loc=FCLOW
Sounds like you were there. I knew Sam he wasn't a bad guy.
xxx

Livonia, MI

#4340 Oct 11, 2010
HHIGirl West Bloomfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Black, I am sure you are passionate about injustice(s) as we all are but this forum is for reminicing about good memories - which in most of our cases far outweigh any negative issues. That said would you please post to another Ecorse blog since there are several dealing with the issue(s) you outline.
I am sure you didn't realize the purpose of this forum and respect your right to voice your opinion. If you have some good memories please share those with us as they are always great to hear about. I am sure you have some good experiences to share.
Were you a Nun @ St. Francis?
Sharon M

Farmington, MI

#4341 Oct 11, 2010
OldRaider wrote:
Incredible Ecorse 60’s reunion! There were so many Ecorse grads at this reunion that it wasn’t possible to even know who was there, let alone talk to everyone. I’m just curious which folks I missed. Here are some of the Ecorse grads that I saw there, please add to the list:
Barry Matthews, Jim, Carol & Dan Pittman, Maggie Kovacs, Chuck, Tom & Sharon Swearingen, Nancy Swearingen-Mason, Joe Montecinos, Ken Shaw, Harry, Bill & Debbie Tremingas, Bob Thomas, Diane Patterson, Jerry Earp, Mark Sova, Dan Plopan, Tom Enright, Skippy Johnson, Al Mitchel, Steve Calloway, Herb White, Terry Cheney, Roy Gilland, Pat & Chuck Gillam, Paula Williams, Ralph Martin, John Ghindia, Russ & Marge Michalas, Rich O’Brian, Jack Bartok, Dan Pompa, James Garret, Bea Bop, Lionell Anthoney, Roger Forney, Bob Spino, Dan Monroe, Sharon Marcott, Sharon Revelle, Bob Teeters, Kathy DeVine, Gary Knipe, Victor Martinez, Victor DeLeon, Nancy & Bob Heller, Dale Thompson, Snuffy Smith, Ed Zukonic, Vince McMullen, Rene Muniz ………help!(Sorry about spellings and omissions.)
This truly was the best one ever! Also attending were Sharon and Teddy Elswick, Brenda Mullins, Barb Lovasz, Betty Cutting, Paul Loveland, Bob Cress, Harry Tsermengas, Debbie Worley, Howard Forney, Billy and Linda Sutherland, Faith Schweikert and Dave Marcott. I can't wait until the next one!!!
Ex-Conservative

East Sandwich, MA

#4342 Oct 11, 2010
To : moldy oldy"]Hey everybody who went to the 60's reunion, were looking for sugestions for the next one. So everyone put our heads together ...

I am retired & already bored so I shall volunteer to assist next time!

We need more Motown 60s to dance more!
Buckeye Spouse

East Sandwich, MA

#4343 Oct 11, 2010
Last Post was Nancy Mason Swearingen NOT Ex-Conservative (ha ha to that) not sure why it did that?
Buckeye Spouse

East Sandwich, MA

#4344 Oct 11, 2010
more EHS alumni: Bee Bop?, Jill Comerzan, Linda Wanat, Ed Zu (cannot spell)..Sharon Swearingen Nagy, Karen Mason one of the ?? Cimericks maybe Sue (not Bernadette) from 8th St, Beverly Tanner & Terry White..

also correction on Jacob Frysinger graduated from GI but we would have loved it if he had played for Trenton!

How about Cooper for baseball?- he was awesome!
Lenny Weems too
many talented in a variety of sports..
there were swimmers, divers that went to States! Tom coached a diver in 1970 that went to states but cannot remember his name!

Since: Nov 09

Whitestown, IN

#4346 Oct 12, 2010
Miss Manners aka Big Black or whoever you are from Royal Oak, I finally figured out the only possible way dog shit could have gotten in your pants. What I can’t figure out is whether you were giving or getting when you and the dog were doing it.
Sharon M

Farmington, MI

#4347 Oct 12, 2010
Ex-Conservative wrote:
To : moldy oldy"]Hey everybody who went to the 60's reunion, were looking for sugestions for the next one. So everyone put our heads together ...
I am retired & already bored so I shall volunteer to assist next time!
We need more Motown 60s to dance more!
One think we definitely need is bigger name tags (the old eyes just aren't what they used to be) and we could also take the yearbook picture and put it on the tags. I, too, am willing to volunteer to assist the next one.
HHIGirl West Bloomfield

New Kent, VA

#4348 Oct 13, 2010
OldRaider wrote:
Incredible Ecorse 60’s reunion! There were so many Ecorse grads at this reunion that it wasn’t possible to even know who was there, let alone talk to everyone. I’m just curious which folks I missed. Here are some of the Ecorse grads that I saw there, please add to the list:
Barry Matthews, Jim, Carol & Dan Pittman, Maggie Kovacs, Chuck, Tom & Sharon Swearingen, Nancy Swearingen-Mason, Joe Montecinos, Ken Shaw, Harry, Bill & Debbie Tremingas, Bob Thomas, Diane Patterson, Jerry Earp, Mark Sova, Dan Plopan, Tom Enright, Skippy Johnson, Al Mitchel, Steve Calloway, Herb White, Terry Cheney, Roy Gilland, Pat & Chuck Gillam, Paula Williams, Ralph Martin, John Ghindia, Russ & Marge Michalas, Rich O’Brian, Jack Bartok, Dan Pompa, James Garret, Bea Bop, Lionell Anthoney, Roger Forney, Bob Spino, Dan Monroe, Sharon Marcott, Sharon Revelle, Bob Teeters, Kathy DeVine, Gary Knipe, Victor Martinez, Victor DeLeon, Nancy & Bob Heller, Dale Thompson, Snuffy Smith, Ed Zukonic, Vince McMullen, Rene Muniz ………help!(Sorry about spellings and omissions.)

What an awesome turnout. Sounds like great and diverse attendance. I am sorry to have missed it. I recognize many family names. What fun and kudos to the organizers. The work that goes into something like that is daunting - not surprising however from the great mates of Ecorse - YOU ROCK! Thanks for sharing Old Raider, you are appreciated!
HHIGirl West Bloomfield

New Kent, VA

#4349 Oct 13, 2010
xxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you a Nun @ St. Francis?

Funny! Not even close but I did attend school there. Actually some of those nuns were cool but we had mostly lay teachers - especially after our pranks sent at least one seek mental health treatment (lol!)- just good clean fun!
Blantons

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4350 Oct 15, 2010
OldRaider wrote:
Miss Manners aka Big Black or whoever you are from Royal Oak, I finally figured out the only possible way dog shit could have gotten in your pants. What I can’t figure out is whether you were giving or getting when you and the dog were doing it.
Ter,
Thanks for the update regarding the reunion sounds like everyone had a good time ,maybe I can attend the next one. I think the idiot (aka Big Black cry baby)should have brought his concerns to the reunion to see if anyone would listen.
Maybe Sam will be at the next one and he can let Sam know's how he feel's instead of everyone else who could care less.
RanDaMan

United States

#4351 Oct 19, 2010
Remember Franks Pizza on High Street, that was the best pizza around until it burned down in early 90's. People would come all over for that Pizza! Then there was the Cuinnguns restaurant on southfield in between 2 and 3 street where the gas station now sits. And who can forget Hopes drive thru Pary store!
4gen of Ecorse

Detroit, MI

#4352 Oct 19, 2010
My great great grand parents grew up in Ecorse and so did the next several generation right down to me. My parents lived next store to each other as young teens and grew up and got married. Mom went to St.Francies and Dad went to EHS.I lived most of my life there and graduated fron EHS. I see all the memmories that are posted and have lived through them. They are great. I played hockey in the outdoor rink and for the high school team. Fishing behind Carters on Sunday after doing our paper routs. One of my customers was Mr. Spino who owned Frankies. I remember all the side streets being two way. Playing ball at Peper road and going to the parks and making key chains. The fog truck spraying for bugs and running behind it. Mickey selling ice cream. Getting a combo dinner from Mexico way and sitting at school 3 eating it and watching people going up and down southfield.

And I thought Melton and Demmings were great police officers. Ecorse being the place it was when we grew up there made us the special people we are today.
Tess Stickles

United States

#4353 Oct 19, 2010
4gen of Ecorse wrote:
Ecorse being the place it was when we grew up there made us the special people we are today.
You are "Special People" in the same way Jerry's Kids are Special.
Reading this forum is like going to the Special Olympics. You people can't even get right.
Ecorse is a sewer and has been a sewer for decades. Nothing good has ever come out of that hole.
4gen of Ecorse

Detroit, MI

#4354 Oct 19, 2010
Hey Tess, crawl back under that rock from which you came.It seems you know very little about people by the comments you made. You are just an angry person trying to be herd.
Rita Tarded

Eugene, OR

#4355 Oct 20, 2010
4gen of Ecorse wrote:
Hey Tess, crawl back under that rock from which you came.It seems you know very little about people by the comments you made. You are just an angry person trying to be herd.
Herd of what?
HHIGirl West Bloomfield

New Kent, VA

#4356 Oct 20, 2010
Hmm...looks like the socially and economically challenged continue to contribute nothing..oh well, sucks to be as pathetic as they prove they are.

4gen, WOW! thanks for sharing. It is great to hear about and celebrate your great life experiences. They are all great memories and have help make us the wonderful human beings we are today. Stay happy!

Does anyone remember Volmerhausen (sp?) Bakery? We lived close by and loved the smell and awesome cinnamon rolls. Their donuts were yeast raised and Krispy Kreme's are the closest I have come to them. The family were so nice and hardworking. The other fun thing was going to Affolders for a Blue Moon ice cream. As we grew up Calders became the backup. I also remember the A&P on Jefferson near the Dime store. We used to go get the 8 O'clock coffee for our parents...funny how it is once again popular.

4gen - stay cool!!!
4gen of Ecorse

Livonia, MI

#4357 Oct 20, 2010
Does anyone remember the tunnel that went under Jefferson by Franklin's store. Does anyone remember the riots at the high school in 1968 I seen the police drive right up the steps of the scholl and block the doors so noone could get in or out. Remember when St.Francis was on high street. How about the hot chocolate at the ice rink.
Mexico Way

Montgomery, AL

#4358 Oct 21, 2010
4GEN,

Thought I remembered everything about Ecorse until you brought up the "tunnel"...used to stink like piss. I used to run through there so fast because it was pretty dark and scary as a kid. I was a bit young for the 68 riots at the high school, but do remember. Hot chocolate at the ice rink was the best! Same with Calders ice cream, HHIGirl. Ahh, the good ole days...life was easy then, ha ha!
Mexico Way

Montgomery, AL

#4359 Oct 21, 2010
4gen,

Thought I remembered everything about Ecorse until you brought up the "tunnel". I remember it smelled like piss. Used to run through there as fast as i could, holding my breath, ha ha. The hot chocolate at the ice rink was the best! And as HHIgirl mentioned, calder's ice cream was also a must! Ahh, the good ole days, life was easy back then!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ford is building cars without steering wheels, ... Aug 22 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Aug 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 16
News Making Bicycles in Detroit Is an Uphill Ride Aug 20 TRUMP SARCASM SUCKS 2
Jim, Phyllis, Linda, Janet Barnes Aug 20 Amanda Amos Krana... 1
News UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... (Jul '14) Aug 14 bfburner 13
News More Corporate Bigotry-This Time it's Lowe's (Dec '11) Aug 12 ReliableAffordabl... 25
Tammy Huey (Jun '15) Aug 12 Oh brother 3

Ecorse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ecorse Mortgages