Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....
jerry carducci

Lincoln Park, MI

#3131 Sep 9, 2009
WE HAD IT PRETTY GOOD AS KIDS GROWING UP. WE HAD THE PLAYGROUND DURING THE SUMMER, THE ICE RINK IN THE WINTER, LISTINING TO KEENER 13 AM RADIO. REMEMBER THE MIGHTY MIDGETS OF 1970, ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST MIDGET HOCKY TEAMS IN THE STATE., JUDE CUMMINGS, LULU, GENIE BOY(RIP),CUB LAWSON, PETEY ZANCANERO,MIKE MILLER, DENNY RENAUD AMONG OTHERS WITH THE GREATEST COACH EVER HARRY MILLER(RIP). WE STILL HAVE THE MEMORIES....
JOKER HAHA

Detroit, MI

#3132 Sep 9, 2009
gene is not dead he is living near monroe was sick for a while but was doing fine last i heared
Ecorse Resident

Detroit, MI

#3133 Sep 9, 2009
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text> Was not able to connect to that website, said, "not found" Is anyone else having trouble?
Thanks
I just logged onto the photo's I uploaded and it says they are up for review. Maybe that is why you can't see them. I just took more today I am gonna put on later. If you go down to the blog page you are on it says click here for other forums. Click on any of the photo tabs after that. It brings up all the photo's.

I hope this helps-Looking forward to other pics being posted by others. Would love to see some of the older ones.
Ecorse Resident

Detroit, MI

#3134 Sep 9, 2009
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ecorse-mi

Sorry it says see threads in other Ecorse Forums.
Ecorse Resident

Detroit, MI

#3135 Sep 9, 2009
http://www.topix.com/album/ecorse-mi

Here is another link for the photo's, Hopefully it works. You can view and upload pics here.
A- HO

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3136 Sep 9, 2009
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text> Was not able to connect to that website, said, "not found" Is anyone else having trouble?
Thanks
i think we are all having trouble getting on that sight.
Ecorse Resident

Detroit, MI

#3137 Sep 9, 2009
A- HO wrote:
<quoted text>i think we are all having trouble getting on that sight.
I think the photo's have to be approved before any one can see them. so It may take a couple of days.
nkk54

Denver, CO

#3138 Sep 9, 2009
jerry carducci wrote:
WE HAD IT PRETTY GOOD AS KIDS GROWING UP. WE HAD THE PLAYGROUND DURING THE SUMMER, THE ICE RINK IN THE WINTER, LISTINING TO KEENER 13 AM RADIO. REMEMBER THE MIGHTY MIDGETS OF 1970, ONE OF THE BEST IF NOT THE BEST MIDGET HOCKY TEAMS IN THE STATE., JUDE CUMMINGS, LULU, GENIE BOY(RIP),CUB LAWSON, PETEY ZANCANERO,MIKE MILLER, DENNY RENAUD AMONG OTHERS WITH THE GREATEST COACH EVER HARRY MILLER(RIP). WE STILL HAVE THE MEMORIES....
I knew three of those guys - I'm related to one of them
nkk54

Denver, CO

#3139 Sep 9, 2009
Ecorse Resident-74-09 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what year did Baklarz Become O'briens???
So many changes around here. I remember when that big old Mansion used to be on Southfield, they tore it down and put in an apartment building. We were told as kids that there were tunnels running to the river that they were there from the bootleg days.
When I was a kid, Riverside Coney Island only had one entrance at the side and about 4 booths and the rest was stools. They should put up some pics of that inside the restaurant. If they have any
I remember the old mansion on Southfield & ?High. The story I heard about the tunnels was that where St Francis Xavier is now there used to be 3 houses and a tunnel ran from the middle house to the river. Family legend says my gramps was a bootlegger.
nkk54

Denver, CO

#3140 Sep 9, 2009
rose wrote:
Years ago, Riverside Coney was Porembas Bar, remember the side door had a sign saying (Rumpas Room)
Remember the colored lights around the back of the booth seats?
ACE

Tucson, AZ

#3141 Sep 9, 2009
jerry carducci wrote:
Hows the Trailer-Hitch and Tennis game going?
Ecorse Resident

Detroit, MI

#3142 Sep 10, 2009
nkk54 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the old mansion on Southfield & ?High. The story I heard about the tunnels was that where St Francis Xavier is now there used to be 3 houses and a tunnel ran from the middle house to the river. Family legend says my gramps was a bootlegger.
My grama told me back in the depression, you had to make money any way you could and bootlegging was one of the ways most of the people were making it.
Mike Miller

Lakeland, MI

#3143 Sep 10, 2009
Thanks for remembering my Dad, Jerry, we had alot of great times as kids at the rink and at Beach St. park. And remember all the free liquor from Simco's, courtesy of Danny Trondle! LOL
A- HO

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3144 Sep 10, 2009
jerry carducci wrote:
his name was denny Reno , not denny renaud.
Mike Miller

Lakeland, MI

#3145 Sep 10, 2009
It was spelled Renaud, but pronounced Reno.
Raider

Fort Worth, TX

#3146 Sep 11, 2009
Mike Miller wrote:
It was spelled Renaud, but pronounced Reno.
That is correct, Mike, Renaud was pronounced Reno. Say hello to Tim, Kim, and Grace for me. And yes, your Dad was a very special individual who gave alot of his free time to athletics in Ecorse. Both the hockey program and the boat club program to name just two.
Ecorse Resident

Detroit, MI

#3147 Sep 11, 2009
Raider wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct, Mike, Renaud was pronounced Reno. Say hello to Tim, Kim, and Grace for me. And yes, your Dad was a very special individual who gave alot of his free time to athletics in Ecorse. Both the hockey program and the boat club program to name just two.
WHERE DID RENO LIVE?
A- HO

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3148 Sep 11, 2009
Raider wrote:
<quoted text>
we might be talking about 2 different people, i've seen it spelled both ways, Bob Renaud the cop, and thIS is how denny spelled his last name { RENO}
simcos

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3149 Sep 11, 2009
Ecorse Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
WHERE DID RENO LIVE?
on west westfield st, and jefferson.
simcos

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3150 Sep 11, 2009
hey riverrat, did you grow up on high st, i think i might know you. did you know a terry swak, muno, ron baker, danny pongraz,terry york, if so, i think we partied together in the 70's, more than once. you were a cool dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AK Steel/UAW contract 11 hr Iron Man 23
Another lawsuit Tue WATCHING LIVONIA 3
News DTE Energy DTE Energy announces plan to reduce ... May 18 Solarman 1
Allen Park most eligible batchelor May 15 Jim Lehey 1
Whistle Stop Pop Shop May 13 Parkerwelch 2
News 'Meet Your Muslim Neighbor' (Oct '09) May 5 watching livonia 1,119
Ahmad Altimimi (Mar '06) Apr '17 Red Headed Step C... 141

Ecorse Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance