First Prev
of 421
Next Last
Wonderer

Boyne Falls, MI

#1 Oct 28, 2006
What about not being able to park in your own backyard in Ecorse? Why are people being ticketed in the middle of the night for parking in there backyards? People have been parking in their backyards for over twenty years. How can the elected officials dig up some old ordinances that says they can't park in yard anymore unless paved. What happened to grandfathering in something that has been allowed for years. What are people suposse to do in the winter. The streets are to narrow for everyone to park there.Ordinances can be changed. First step is to change the elected officials at the polls. Then, demand the laws are going to updated. These people work you us we can fire them
Flea

United States

#2 Nov 2, 2006
I have lived in Ecorse for thirty years and we have a gravel driveway and garage in our backyard. I recently heard from an ordinance officer that if we continue to park there we will be ticketed because it is not a paved driveway. I can understand why they don't want abandoned cars left in yards or junk in their backyards, but we should be able to park our cars there because there is no room on the streets. We have been able to park there for the past thirty years so why is it a crime now?
home owner

Boyne Falls, MI

#3 Jan 20, 2007
Has any one had any more trouble in getting inspections passed when they fix up their houses in Ecorse? I want to do some work on my house but I don't want them coming and comdemming it because it doesn't meet Ecorses standards. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone. It too bad when you have to worry about making regular maintenance repairs to your home.
Leopardlady

Birmingham, MI

#4 Feb 27, 2007
Do any of you attend the city council meetings? I have no idea why the city ticketed someone with a gravel driveway. If the car was on gravel, that should be sufficient. Pavement is expensive. I do not have a clue why one cannot park in the yard; I got ticketed as well. Usually I'm in city hall every few weeks, and have always neglected to ask about that particular ordinance.

I know that the officials of the city are attempting to raise the value of Ecorse homes and trying to make this a better place to live. It should be, as we are only 2.2 square miles.
Taylor

United States

#5 Mar 8, 2007
I have been harrased serval times by the women who looks like a man.(you all know who i'm talking about) MARSHA Did you know she rides around in her car on her days off and tickets people. Talk about nothing better to do!!!! I have received 10 tickets within 7days 2 at a time. For the same dame thing. I was on vaction. She was trying to prove a point I guess. Is that right?????????
Taylor

United States

#6 Mar 8, 2007
home owner wrote:
Has any one had any more trouble in getting inspections passed when they fix up their houses in Ecorse? I want to do some work on my house but I don't want them coming and comdemming it because it doesn't meet Ecorses standards. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone. It too bad when you have to worry about making regular maintenance repairs to your home.
Don't Let Marsha see you. She will ticket you for stuff that you have done years ago. She accused my a few months back for putting a roof on my home. I told her to check her records it was put on months ago and we pulled a permit. Is that harassment????
Landlord

United States

#7 Mar 22, 2007
The City of Ecorse has these so called ordinance officers running around trying to keep their jobs by siting everyone for everthing, regardless of their disposition. I see 70 year old women getting tickets for "leaving their garbage cans out to long"? What is this world coming too? The Mayor and his little peons need to go.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Mar 28, 2007
Landlord wrote:
The City of Ecorse has these so called ordinance officers running around trying to keep their jobs by siting everyone for everthing, regardless of their disposition. I see 70 year old women getting tickets for "leaving their garbage cans out to long"? What is this world coming too? The Mayor and his little peons need to go.
It's been years since I lived in Ecorse...Is Larry Salisbury mayor AGAIN???
Laurel

United States

#9 Apr 1, 2007
When Larry Salisbury was Mayor in the 80's, he worked very hard with all of the city's departments to clean up the city. I know this first hand, because I worked as head of the building department in the beginning of the Mayor's term. I put in many hours of my own time helping to establish policies to better the community. Just because you elected other mayors that were slackers and let the community become the armpit of Downriver, was your fault. Enforcement of the ordinances is necessary to help restore Ecorse. Get off your butts and clean up your property and lend a hand to those who need help with theirs. I you lived anywhere else downriver you would never be able to get away with not properly maintaining your propery.
Laurel

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2007
Groucho AKA Falcon 68 wrote:
<quoted text>It's been years since I lived in Ecorse...Is Larry Salisbury mayor AGAIN???
Oh, I can see that you know what Mayor actually enforces the ordinances for the betterment of the community. Good for you. With Mayor Salisbury maybe Ecorse can become a vibrant and beautiful place to live.
Laurel

United States

#11 Apr 1, 2007
home owner wrote:
The codes are not "Ecorse" codes, thedty are the same code that all cities have adopted for the safety of the residence and the community as a whole.
up to you

United States

#12 Apr 1, 2007
Taylor wrote:
I have been harrased serval times by the women who looks like a man.(you all know who i'm talking about) MARSHA Did you know she rides around in her car on her days off and tickets people. Talk about nothing better to do!!!! I have received 10 tickets within 7days 2 at a time. For the same dame thing. I was on vaction. She was trying to prove a point I guess. Is that right?????????
did you know that marsha is the neice of brenda banks the council woman marsha makes $30.000 plus bennies a year she was appointed to be an ordiance officer at first but to save brenda from resigning from the council according to the charter they made her an office manager in the building dept but she still writes tickets which i don't think she has the right to do. but no body on the council will say anything because they all have or had at one time or another have had family members working for the city making big bucks at our expence if you don't beleave me check it out for your self it is all true this mayor has gone nuts since he has gotten elected and what about channel 7 news coming to a council meeting a few weeks back and questioning him about several allias and social securities numbers he has had in the past
up to you

United States

#13 Apr 1, 2007
Laurel wrote:
When Larry Salisbury was Mayor in the 80's, he worked very hard with all of the city's departments to clean up the city. I know this first hand, because I worked as head of the building department in the beginning of the Mayor's term. I put in many hours of my own time helping to establish policies to better the community. Just because you elected other mayors that were slackers and let the community become the armpit of Downriver, was your fault. Enforcement of the
ordinances is necessary to help restore Ecorse. Get off your butts and clean up your property and lend a hand to those who need help with theirs. I you lived anywhere else downriver you would never be able to get away with not properly maintaining your propery.
yes and talking about repeating history he is getting more power hungry with every passing moment thats why he was not re-elected the last time but you clean up the streets and pave some of them and that gets you re-elected what about all the city employees he has fired for no good reason ther are police officers thats been fired that have million dollar law suits against the city and lets not forget the fire fighters that he has went to war against and what about gary sammons the same gary sammons that has had questionable dealing with female students when he was a high school teacher now he is an appointed city cleark and the city has a sexuall law suit against it envolving him and why has he gone through a half dozen women in the clearks office while he has been cleark

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14 Apr 3, 2007
up to you wrote:
<quoted text> yes and talking about repeating history he is getting more power hungry with every passing moment thats why he was not re-elected the last time but you clean up the streets and pave some of them and that gets you re-elected what about all the city employees he has fired for no good reason ther are police officers thats been fired that have million dollar law suits against the city and lets not forget the fire fighters that he has went to war against and what about gary sammons the same gary sammons that has had questionable dealing with female students when he was a high school teacher now he is an appointed city cleark and the city has a sexuall law suit against it envolving him and why has he gone through a half dozen women in the clearks office while he has been cleark
Oh, I know all about being fired by Salisbury without any good reason...
Trip to live here

AOL

#15 Apr 6, 2007
I agree in regards to the so called "Ordinance Officers" - they ride around doing nothing but wasting gas. Why don't they walk around here and save gas and lose some weight (stop judging our yards from the alley and curbs). I have made plenty of complaints for the yard of THEIR Weights and Measures officer... His yard looks like a 24/7 Junkyard Sale. But has anything been done NO...because the Ord. Officer is too busy eating lunch there everyday.
NOT an Ecorsean

Wyandotte, MI

#16 Apr 6, 2007
My old man raised his kids in Ecorse so he could be close to where he worked, great lakes steel. The city is one crap hole of a place to live: crime, prostitution, drugs, abandoned houses, and it's just one big eye sore. It's going by way of Delray and Rouge. I live where it all stops, Wyandotte. How can you people complain about not being able to park your wrecks in your back yards along with your barking dog and junk? You live in the shit holiest of all towns and then have the nerve to complain when the officials try to get some of you bums to clean your acts up. Get a real life, or at least a real job, so you can afford to live in a city that cares about it's future.
NOT an Ecorsean

Wyandotte, MI

#17 Apr 6, 2007
blah blah blah
NOT an Ecorsean

Wyandotte, MI

#18 Apr 6, 2007
screw you moderator
hard working

United States

#20 Apr 9, 2007
You really should not comment on something you dont know. I know there are alot of low income people in Ecorse but we have lived here for many years and try to keep our home nice but one day I called the city to inquire about a permit for a fence and as soon as I said I wanted to put up a new fence, I was interupted and threatened with fines and or court appearences if the fence wasnt up to code! All I was trying to do was the right thing and this is what I got. needless to say we didnt put up the new fence and that is just 1 example. And for your info we work every day and dont have junk and cars in our yard. So dont judge all by a few!

“Eviltriumfswheng oodmendonothin”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#21 Apr 11, 2007
up to you wrote:
<quoted text> yes and talking about repeating history he is getting more power hungry with every passing moment thats why he was not re-elected the last time but you clean up the streets and pave some of them and that gets you re-elected what about all the city employees he has fired for no good reason ther are police officers thats been fired that have million dollar law suits against the city and lets not forget the fire fighters that he has went to war against and what about gary sammons the same gary sammons that has had questionable dealing with female students when he was a high school teacher now he is an appointed city cleark and the city has a sexuall law suit against it envolving him and why has he gone through a half dozen women in the clearks office while he has been cleark
Listen, Salisbury didn't have anything to do with the cops. I know this for fact. Unfortunately, because he's mayor, everyone puts the blame on him. Legally, he cannot fire police or firefighters. As mayor, he doesn't have total power and control over the city. Council, Unions, authority figures in particular departments and other groups related to the community play a part.

Far as the police, one cop had a medical condition that prevented him from being able to sit in the car for his shift. He asked for a desk job, none available. He got laid off, and Salisbury had nothing to do with that. That action spawned a mass exodus of officers, including one of few I highly respect.

Salisbury is a business man; he leaves the management of subgroups of the city to those who are in charge of those groups, such as the police. There are several who are involved in the decision making process, and from what I understand, the city attorney has something to do with that process.

And believe me, I've had issues with a particular group and tried to have the mayor intervene, but he just kicked it back to the heads of the department. That did not make me happy in the least, but he is doing his job by letting others do theirs. There's certain things he deals with personally, and certain things he does not. Anything to do with his portion of the job as mayor he deals with.

Far as Sammons, he does his job. Maybe not to everyone's liking, but he does it and makes others work who are under him. Elections are coming, we can always elect another to hold the position of clerk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 421
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: A And M Express 1 LLC 16 hr Concerned citizen 1
Dearborn doctor Pleads Guilty to 4.2 million $ ... Mon News 1
News Man Arrested After Driving 153 MPH On I-75 Down... May 22 kev 1
Who is Ali Jawad? (May '08) May 22 Shamed arab 8
Review: Downriver Cleaning Service (Nov '08) May 22 xtaggsx 3
Rob Boone (brorob) (Oct '11) May 18 Curious one 3
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) May 16 WATCHING LIVONIA 13
More from around the web

Ecorse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]