Man arraigned in fatal stabbing in Dearborn

Jul 15, 2010 Full story: Detroit Free Press 30

An Oak Park man was arraigned today in 19th District Court in Dearborn for the stabbing death of Mohamad Ali Fouad Abboud on Tuesday, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
farhat

Dearborn, MI

#1 Jul 15, 2010
he should stay all his life in jail cuz he killed a young guy with knife, what kind of person he is i just wants know how he fell and how he sleep after stabbing aboud. they should put the 30 years old guy in small room all his life
Issa Ahmad

Dearborn, MI

#2 Jul 15, 2010
This guy should be in jail for life...idk how you take away an innocent life so easily....he was a good kid known by most.....until idiots like this 30 yr old got nothin to look for in ther life so just pull stupid moves like this....Abboud you will be missed my man Allah Yerhamak....R.I.P
Alexandra

Dearborn, MI

#3 Jul 16, 2010
You have to take in account of the entire situation, though. This situation was pretty much caused by a young girl - who may I add should be at fault as well and I hope she feels it her entire life - who decided to invite a *Chaldean* man on a bus with majority Lebanese people. As if there's not going to be a fight. Unfortunately though, that fight escalated in a death and possibly in a death of someone who wasn't even involved per se, and was innocent, but happened to be there. Another thing to look at, why was a 27 year old man on a party bus with majority 18, 19, 20 year old kids? and why did he have a knife? it was supposed to be a party, having a good time, why were any weapons needed there? and why did his friend leave him to fend for himself whilst he tried to fight the others over some stupid, stupid little girl? this is most definitely a disgusting situation and it makes my stomach turn by knowing the killers last name being a pretty well known Chaldean name and the Lebanese man, may he rest in peace, being as well known as he is, people are just going to want revenge on both sides...and that's the saddest part of all.
mustafa

Canada

#4 Jul 16, 2010
You are exactly right alexandra. Rip Moe
concerned human

Pinckney, MI

#5 Jul 17, 2010
this is unfair I know all these guys. Tell the whole story, these kids were drinking and partying. They are not all innocent and are very agressive young men. Yono should not have been there because they aren't even of age to go partying. The limo company should have been monitoring the underage drinking. The defendant is 140 or so lbs against all those drunk kids. wrong place wrong time but just because they are young doesnt make them guiltless what happened to self defense?? They would have killed him i think.
fifeh

Detroit, MI

#6 Jul 18, 2010
the man stabbed didnt have a drop of liquor in him buddy half the kids who beat him up didnt get your facts str8 he was on the ground after he was beat up and got back up and went stabbing self defense my ass lil punk ass 30 year old get a life oo yaa your getting life loser
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#7 Jul 18, 2010
Alexandra wrote:
You have to take in account of the entire situation, though. This situation was pretty much caused by a young girl - who may I add should be at fault as well and I hope she feels it her entire life - who decided to invite a *Chaldean* man on a bus with majority Lebanese people. As if there's not going to be a fight. Unfortunately though, that fight escalated in a death and possibly in a death of someone who wasn't even involved per se, and was innocent, but happened to be there. Another thing to look at, why was a 27 year old man on a party bus with majority 18, 19, 20 year old kids? and why did he have a knife? it was supposed to be a party, having a good time, why were any weapons needed there? and why did his friend leave him to fend for himself whilst he tried to fight the others over some stupid, stupid little girl? this is most definitely a disgusting situation and it makes my stomach turn by knowing the killers last name being a pretty well known Chaldean name and the Lebanese man, may he rest in peace, being as well known as he is, people are just going to want revenge on both sides...and that's the saddest part of all.
WRONG! It was not the fault of the girl in any way. To think otherwise is idiocy. If people cannot disagree without being involved in physical altercations, they are irresponsible jackasses who deserve their shortcomings. The fact is simple, if I call you a word which offends you, WHO GIVES A DAMN. Are you that inferior to allow it to bother you?

We live in a world where many people do not get along together. It's to be expected and accepted. Walk away and find people who share your interests. There isn't any reason to fight unless your life is in danger. Therefore, the fault lies on the person who killed the girl. He shouldn't be in jail for life....he should be taken to an alley and shot between the eyes then burned. It's a waste to spend tax dollars for him to rot in prison.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#8 Jul 18, 2010
concerned human wrote:
this is unfair I know all these guys. Tell the whole story, these kids were drinking and partying. They are not all innocent and are very agressive young men. Yono should not have been there because they aren't even of age to go partying. The limo company should have been monitoring the underage drinking. The defendant is 140 or so lbs against all those drunk kids. wrong place wrong time but just because they are young doesnt make them guiltless what happened to self defense?? They would have killed him i think.
Give me a break. Teenagers drink and party even when they know it's wrong. It still doesn't justify murder.

The limo company is not responsible for teenage drinking. They are not the parents. Their job is to provide transportation. Their job is also to remove all alcoholic beverages from the limo for underage riders and nothing more. Parents are responsible for their kids and teens know better than to drink when it's against the law. Therefore, they deserve their consequences, but not death.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#9 Jul 18, 2010
Government Foe wrote:
Therefore, the fault lies on the person who killed the girl.
That should read.."who killed the guy"
concerned human

Pinckney, MI

#10 Jul 18, 2010
ok what about the other half and not just liquor they should test them for illegal drugs.If u were getting jumped by a group of pople u know hate you and your religion what would you do? Let them kill you did you see is face and he has broken ribs.
I feel bad for that kid who passed Mo I know him, but the guys he hung out with are bad news.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#11 Jul 18, 2010
concerned human wrote:
ok what about the other half and not just liquor they should test them for illegal drugs.If u were getting jumped by a group of pople u know hate you and your religion what would you do? Let them kill you did you see is face and he has broken ribs.
I feel bad for that kid who passed Mo I know him, but the guys he hung out with are bad news.
First of all, I wouldn't put myself in a predicament of racist bigots. Second of all, why was a 30 year old mingling with teenagers? For the sake of argument, let's assume a group of guys did attack one person, then by all means, the single person has the right to defend himself and if it led to a death, so be it. Though, the news did not indicate if that was the case.

The suspicious component is a 30 year old carrying a knife who intentionally interacts with teenagers who don't like him. My guess is he originally had motive to hurt someone.

Regardless, teenagers shouldn't be drinking. Teenagers are already irresponsible. When you interact that with alcohol, their request for trouble drastically increases. Therefore, they shouldn't be surprised when the consequences of their acts are detrimental
concerned human

Pinckney, MI

#12 Jul 18, 2010
I agree it was bad all around, but he knew the girl and was foolish to think he would be ok. He was invited onto the bus by someone and did not bogard his way on there. He had to have felt funny by bringing a knife just in case i guess, or maybe he got one during the night as protection as things were escalating. But Yono did not go out looking for trouble he isnt that bad of a guy. But Mo's friends whom I know well are trouble. A few years from now, Im sure they themselves will be headlining some news report. They hung out downtown idk how there arent any 18 and up clubs that i know of, they sure were not behaving like teenagers. But i feel terrible and wish that all this didn't happen as im sure Yono and Mo's family feel. I hope the police do their homework and not give someone a bigger punishment than they deserve. He is still a young man too (Yono)and deserves a fair trial.
jantile

Dearborn, MI

#13 Jul 20, 2010
YONO DESERVERES A LIFE SENTENCE!.........HE COULD'VE EASILY GOT IN HIS CAR AND LEFT LIKE A 30 YEAR OLD MATURE MAN....BUT NO HE DECIDED TO KILL....HE BROKES MOE'S FAMILIES HEARTS....AND HE DESERVES TO FEEL THE SAME WAY! HIS LIKE SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY JUST LIKE HE DID TO MOE!....SELF DEFENSE IS ONLY CONSIDERED WHEN SOMEONE IS HOLDING A WEAPON AT YOU....NOT JUST BEATING YOU UP....AND BY THE WAY....EVERYTHING IS PROBABLY RECORDED...SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIMES...AND PLEASE DONT DEFEND YONO....RIP MOE, I AM SURE YOUR IN HEAVEN....
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#14 Jul 21, 2010
jantile wrote:
..SELF DEFENSE IS ONLY CONSIDERED WHEN SOMEONE IS HOLDING A WEAPON AT YOU....NOT JUST BEATING YOU UP...
You know nothing about the law. Self defense is from any attack. A weapon is not required. If 6 men are beating the crap out of one man and they don't have a weapon, do you think it's ok? Death can arise from any attack without a weapon.....period. Wake up and educate yourself.
jantile

Detroit, MI

#15 Jul 21, 2010
AS YOU LIKE!......YONO IS A MURDERER....HE HELD A WEAPON....HE KILLED AN INNOCENT KID.....AFTER HE GOT IN HIS CAR WHY DID HE RUN OVER THEM TOO????? I DONT UNDERSTAND WERE YOU ARE COMING FROM...HE IS IN THE CAR..NO ONE IS RUNNING AFTER HIM, WHY WOULD HE HIT THEM WITH THE CAR AFTER HE KILLED THE YOUNG BOY??????? IS THAT SELF-DEFENSE TOOOOO???????I THINK YOU NEED TO EDUCATE YOURSELF.
Government Foe

Madison Heights, MI

#16 Jul 21, 2010
jantile wrote:
AS YOU LIKE!......YONO IS A MURDERER....HE HELD A WEAPON....HE KILLED AN INNOCENT KID.....AFTER HE GOT IN HIS CAR WHY DID HE RUN OVER THEM TOO????? I DONT UNDERSTAND WERE YOU ARE COMING FROM...HE IS IN THE CAR..NO ONE IS RUNNING AFTER HIM, WHY WOULD HE HIT THEM WITH THE CAR AFTER HE KILLED THE YOUNG BOY??????? IS THAT SELF-DEFENSE TOOOOO???????I THINK YOU NEED TO EDUCATE YOURSELF.
No, you fool....I'm simply rebutting against your statement about self defense requires a weapon. Wake up and pay attention. I didn't specify anything about Yono and what he did. I stated in another reply about his intent to hurt or kill someone. Go back and read before you assume.

Regardless, the fact remains, self defense doesn't require the perpetrators need for a weapon.

Now pay attention.
concerned human

Pinckney, MI

#17 Jul 21, 2010
running them over was not in the report. I dont know where you got that from, why wasnt it in his charges. He was probably trying to leave.
jantile

Detroit, MI

#18 Jul 22, 2010
HE DIDNT RUN MOE OVER....HE GOT IN HIS CAR TO RUN OVER ANOTHER KID!
waleye

White Lake, MI

#19 Jul 22, 2010
There are a number of articles on this topic. There is an article in an Arab American newspaper where Mohamad Abboud’s sister (quoting from another article) says Abboud “died for his boys." This shows that Abboud’s “boys” perpetrated this fight against Yono, called on Abboud, and Abboud assisted. These several guys were waiting to attack one, Yono, all at once. Let’s be honest and objective with ourselves, this is not the kind of fight one guy would intentionally pick with 4+ bigger guys. Yono acted in self-defense and should not serve time in prison.
concerned human

Pinckney, MI

#20 Jul 24, 2010
Then why wasn't he charged with almost running another kid over?? That is against the law isn't it??? Moe's friends are losers, idiot ghetto criminals and because of his friendships with them, he has passed, what a shame! You do not jump a man, you do not go and assist people to jump a man. You live by the gun, you die by it. How sad! His poor parents, Im sure they can not even look at his friends now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecorse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dearborn Community Group 8 hr RobB 1
I remember Dunn school and had a lot of good me... (Jan '09) Jan 20 Christy94 49
Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan and Britain conde... Jan 19 old vet 9
ACLU backs evangelists in Detroit-area Arab fes... Jan 18 xxx 3
why is Mohammad gay? Jan 18 xxx 1
Double Hung Replacement Windows Can Increase Re... Jan 18 anderson 5
Three in custody in Riverview double homicide (Mar '08) Jan 15 Karaz 222
Ecorse Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ecorse People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]