Should Sophia police officer's be fir...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21 Jun 18, 2012
Academy Informant wrote:
Weight loss has its many misconceptions. One of which is that the pounds will shed off immediately and that it will be obvious by looking at someone. You can be working out and actually gain "weight" because you are gaining muscle. The for sure way is to measure your inches that you lose. I'm not sure whether or not the Sophia officers were taking the neccessary steps to prepare themselves for the academy but it's no joke. I don't know them but I'm not going to sit here and talk poorly of them for failing neither. Some men and women quit, some fail. Some have prepared physically and mentally and still quit or fail. There have been men and women come out of the military, live as civilians, then come to the academy and do not make it. Now, although my name sounds misleading, I know around 10 people who have been to the academy. I do not work there and I have not been there as a cadet so I do not want you to get the wrong idea.
But you will have to agree, that a fit and well trained officer is a safe officer? We want safe and competent officer's that make a differece to the community and not liabilities to themselves or the town.
I'm a Marine and in the Corp., we were taught a simple theory in life. Do your best and strive for exellence!

We've gone through multiple Police Chiefs and officer's over the year's. Flavor of the week is the term; we want a strong police force that goes after the Problem; DRUGS!
We don't have a speeding problem,license problem or Murder problem;we have a drug and theft problem here in Sophia and it is a last resort in priority around here! We need to change that before it's too late.
BeFair

Oak Hill, WV

#22 Jun 19, 2012
Don't know which passed or failed. But, I do know that one certainly failed on public relations. My sister was dying in a Roanoke hospital. I was hurrying to get there. Made the mistake of driving thru Sophia to pick up my brother to take with me. With my dying sister on my mind, I admittedly made the mistake of driving 40 in a 25. I did not realize that I had hit a 25mph area. I know that I should have been paying more attention. But I did have much pressing on my mind. When the cop stopped us, I had been crying and told him that I was trying to get to Roanoke as fast as I could, hoping to get there before my sister passed away. NO compassion from this guy! He just said, "OK, I'll make this as quick as possible so you can get going." He then went back to his cruiser and wrote me a ticket. Came back and handed it to me and told me to appear in court on a cetain date. Not even one word of sympathy or anything. I know he's not a grief counselor but he needed to realize that he was representing the town of Sophia. Is Sophia really this cold and uncaring? I attend different festivities and parades in Sophia. Well, I USE to. Sophia will no longer get any of my money nor will I promote it as a friendly community....all because of one uncaring policeman.
Mike

Oak Hill, WV

#23 Jun 19, 2012
BeFair wrote:
Don't know which passed or failed. But, I do know that one certainly failed on public relations. My sister was dying in a Roanoke hospital. I was hurrying to get there. Made the mistake of driving thru Sophia to pick up my brother to take with me. With my dying sister on my mind, I admittedly made the mistake of driving 40 in a 25. I did not realize that I had hit a 25mph area. I know that I should have been paying more attention. But I did have much pressing on my mind. When the cop stopped us, I had been crying and told him that I was trying to get to Roanoke as fast as I could, hoping to get there before my sister passed away. NO compassion from this guy! He just said, "OK, I'll make this as quick as possible so you can get going." He then went back to his cruiser and wrote me a ticket. Came back and handed it to me and told me to appear in court on a cetain date. Not even one word of sympathy or anything. I know he's not a grief counselor but he needed to realize that he was representing the town of Sophia. Is Sophia really this cold and uncaring? I attend different festivities and parades in Sophia. Well, I USE to. Sophia will no longer get any of my money nor will I promote it as a friendly community....all because of one uncaring policeman.
I'm Sorry about you're lose, but you only run into one of them. They are all like that, it's about who can write the most tickets per month, just like the bet our police chief was in some 30 years ago with the Bekley Police, who can write the most tickets, WOW, really something to be proud of.
Traffic Watcher

Ardsley, NY

#24 Jun 19, 2012
BeFair wrote:
Don't know which passed or failed. But, I do know that one certainly failed on public relations. My sister was dying in a Roanoke hospital. I was hurrying to get there. Made the mistake of driving thru Sophia to pick up my brother to take with me. With my dying sister on my mind, I admittedly made the mistake of driving 40 in a 25. I did not realize that I had hit a 25mph area. I know that I should have been paying more attention. But I did have much
pressing on my mind. When the cop stopped us, I had been crying and told him that I was trying to get to Roanoke as fast as I could, hoping to get there before my sister passed away. NO compassion from this guy! He just said, "OK, I'll make this as quick as possible so you can get going." He then went back to his cruiser and wrote me a ticket. Came back and handed it to me and told me to appear in court on a cetain date. Not even one word of sympathy or anything. I know he's not a grief counselor but he needed to realize that he was representing the town of Sophia. Is Sophia really this cold and uncaring? I attend different festivities and parades in Sophia. Well, I USE to. Sophia will no longer get any of my money nor will I promote it as a friendly community....all because of one uncaring policeman.
Sorry for you lose, I worked as an officer and other public service jobs and I do have to say that driving at a high rate of speed to get somewhere to be with someone as they pass or to get to the hospital at the same time the ambulance does is unsafe for everyone involved. 1) There is nothing that the family member can do for the loved one (unless the family member is a trauma surgeon) and speeding and driving with four way flashers on only delays they care of the loved one because the ambulance had to slow down sonthagvthe family does not cause a crash. 2) driver in attention is cases such as this is unsafe as well, with your admission you had other more pressing things on your kind, with all of these other things on your mind one could not see the kid running out in the street or be driving too fast to stop should an emergency happen right in front of you. Please do NOT think I am taking up for an officer or unloading on you but please keep in mind that th main goal in all of this is safety. Again sorry for your lose.
HMMMM

Beckley, WV

#25 Jun 22, 2012
BeFair wrote:
Its really funny how you say this policeman was uncaring. Can you please tell me how he didn't care? Enforcing the law is uncaring? I fail to see it..... Ok so you was in a hurry to get somewhere because of a health issue with your sister. So who was the uncaring one who put everyone elses lives in danger to go 15 miles over the speed limit. Please tell me I'm DIEING to know.....
wickerbill

Beckley, WV

#26 Jul 6, 2012
I heard the professor is from the sophia fire department and has a grudge against peck because she almost had enough to arrest him. Is there any truth to that professor.
wickerbill

Beckley, WV

#27 Jul 15, 2012
also was told that professor 2020 is either jeff pittman or jeff thompson any comments professor

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#28 Jul 15, 2012
If you know Jeff pittman and jeff thompson you would know that professor is neither of these stand up guys. have you read any of the profs comments on religion. proffesor2020 is a atheist... jeff thompsons is a preacher and he married jeff and Linda. check your facts before you diarrhea from the mouth. Professor has nothing on these guys as far as respect is. Sounds like you have a grudge against Jeff pittman and jeff thompson. what happened did jeff not give you a fire helmet to play with.

Location hidden

#29 Jul 15, 2012
wickerbill wrote:
I heard the professor is from the sophia fire department and has a grudge against peck because she almost had enough to arrest him. Is there any truth to that professor.
since your flappin your gums... what does peck have or almost have on him.

Location hidden

#30 Jul 15, 2012
wickerbill wrote:
also was told that professor 2020 is either jeff pittman or jeff thompson any comments professor
The prof is a trouble maker and so are you.Soo STFU.

Location hidden

#31 Jul 15, 2012
grand cyclopps wrote:
<quoted text>
The prof is a trouble maker and so are you.Soo STFU.
I can't help it everyone wants to be me ; )
It is troublesome to others;why, I don't know?
grow up

Beckley, WV

#32 Jul 15, 2012
sassymama46 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell are you to judge these men? has your lazy ass even got off the computer long enough to even try anything? these men are to be commended for the fine job they do!!
Havent you learned by now that professor knows so much about what it takes to be a police officer that maybe he should try to get the job and show them all how its done. At least then he may just get off of his a** and accomplish something productive instead of living on topix talking out his rear.My bet is he wouldnt last 5 minutes in the police academy.

Location hidden

#33 Jul 16, 2012
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
Havent you learned by now that professor knows so much about what it takes to be a police officer that maybe he should try to get the job and show them all how its done. At least then he may just get off of his a** and accomplish something productive instead of living on topix talking out his rear.My bet is he wouldnt last 5 minutes in the police academy.
Ya but if I did last 10 mins, it would be more than these boyz lasted a few weeks ago ; 0
The chiefs job would be easy, all I have to do is run a campaign,go on vacations and hide from state of emergencies.

By the way, who said I was a he?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eccles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr legendfork 4,276
GoMart Oct 21 Eyes open 4
Control your kids on Allentown! Oct 19 Fedup 1
Missing: Crab Orchard Area Oct 19 sistersalvation 2
Horse power unlimites (Jun '16) Oct 15 tims 15
Anybody know Cameron Stracener? Oct 9 Just Looking 1
Felicia Smallwood (Jul '16) Oct 3 apple tree 13

Eccles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance