Thunder Beach 2010

Thunder Beach 2010

There are 25 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from May 1, 2010, titled Thunder Beach 2010. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

By the loud roar of things outside, it's definitely Thunder Beach.. This week, thousands of bikers filled the streets of Panama City Beach for the big bike rally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Worse than Spring Break

Panama City, FL

#1 May 2, 2010
Why is it that people always complain about the Spring Breakers, yet say nothing about drunken rampaging bikers who come twice a year? You see bikes parked at bars all over the beach, do you mean to tell me that none of them are getting back on their bike and riding off? Also they put signs up everywhere "watch for bikers", how about a sign that says "biker obey traffic laws". You bikers out there are some of the rudest, most disgusting law violators I've ever seen. I am glad you all are all leaving today.
MJYawn

Panama City, FL

#2 May 2, 2010
Worse than Spring Break wrote:
Why is it that people always complain about the Spring Breakers, yet say nothing about drunken rampaging bikers who come twice a year? You see bikes parked at bars all over the beach, do you mean to tell me that none of them are getting back on their bike and riding off? Also they put signs up everywhere "watch for bikers", how about a sign that says "biker obey traffic laws". You bikers out there are some of the rudest, most disgusting law violators I've ever seen. I am glad you all are all leaving today.
I am sorry you feel this way. However I could give your rant more credence if your facts were correct.
According to the insurance industry and the stats collected by our government.....Motorcycle riders are much more safe and obey the laws much closer than drivers that only operate automobiles.

I will not post the stats because it takes just a few keystrokes to find them.

As far as the spring breakers. I am local live in Lynn Haven I have seen first hand they are more of them and the time that spring break last is longer and the "kids" are much more intoxicated than the "bikers" you seem to despise.

I also want to point out is is NOT illegal to have a drink and operate a vehicle. It is illegal to operate a vehicle drunk.
So just because we bikers have a drink does not mean we are all drunk.
However the spring breakers seem not to know when to say when. As I personally witnessed them stumbling from bar to bar!!!

Are there some bikers that are riding drunk? Yes but nowhere near the number of "kids" that drive, stumble or crawl through the streets and roads.

I will point out also that bikers do not walk out in front of cars because they are trying to get to the next bar. Or Pull out guns and shoot someone because they had someone run into there bike!!!

I wonder what you think about the fact that bikers and biker groups raise expediently more money for people in need than churches and that fact is nation wide!!!
Bikers are more likely to stop and help a stranded motorist than a person in a car.

In short how about being informed instead of just opinionated!!!!!!!
Worse than Spring Break

Panama City, FL

#3 May 2, 2010
Oh give me a break. I live on the beach, so I saw it first hand last night. Bikers, pulling out in front of everyone they could, and then as for your notion that they're not drunk, I saw more than one vomiting in front of the Sand Piper.

They are an unruly, mob that comes down here and runs lawless through our county and law enforcement do nothing about it. Also, the legal limit is about 1 or 2 beers, so if this biker trash you hold in such high regard has more than two, then they are drunk. Why are they worse than spring breakers you may ask...answer is simple most bikers are grown adults, at least Spring Breakers can point to their youth as an excuse.
catman

Warner Robins, GA

#4 May 2, 2010
Hope the good city of pc enjoyed the 2 grand i spent there in about 4 days.
Scrubs

Anniston, AL

#5 May 2, 2010
Generalizations anywhere are rarely accurate and this assessment of bikers is no exception. I just returned from PCB. I am a college educated professional who enjoys the feeling of wind in the face and the sound of a Harley. There are always bad examples that you can point to in order to "prove" your point. I was never drunk while there and didn't pull out in front of anyone. I would guess that the majority of hotel owners, restaraunt managers and quick mart owners do not share your opinion. By the way, have you heard what our "mob" means to the local economy? I appreciate the warm, friendly greeting I got from almost every person I encountered. I, and most of my "mob" look forward to returning for the fall Thunder Beach Rally. Perhaps you should sell your oceanfront digs and move to Myrtle Beach.
Worse than Spring Break wrote:
Oh give me a break. I live on the beach, so I saw it first hand last night. Bikers, pulling out in front of everyone they could, and then as for your notion that they're not drunk, I saw more than one vomiting in front of the Sand Piper.
They are an unruly, mob that comes down here and runs lawless through our county and law enforcement do nothing about it. Also, the legal limit is about 1 or 2 beers, so if this biker trash you hold in such high regard has more than two, then they are drunk. Why are they worse than spring breakers you may ask...answer is simple most bikers are grown adults, at least Spring Breakers can point to their youth as an excuse.
u like it so

United States

#6 May 2, 2010
a lot of spring breakers must have 2 or more ass hole as you could not be like they do with just one (AH) i did not see where any biker climb on rail act like monkey jumping in road thomas drive -front beach carring 3 case of beer down street and many other stupid acts--now u talk
Sickened by what I saw

Newton, AL

#7 May 2, 2010
u like it so wrote:
a lot of spring breakers must have 2 or more ass hole as you could not be like they do with just one (AH) i did not see where any biker climb on rail act like monkey jumping in road thomas drive -front beach carring 3 case of beer down street and many other stupid acts--now u talk
You people can say all your want, but there are neighborhoods around Panama City Beach. Bikers could show a little consideration and not rev their bikes up until all hours of the morning causing people lose sleep. I actually had to work this week, unlike all of them, and could have used a little more quiet time. Except for the occasional yee haws from spring break, that racket in now way compared to the disgusting display your ilk put on this week with your stupid bikes. Their are noise ordinances that are supposed to enforced, and just like a car stereo your bikes apply also. Get a muffler not everyone appreciates the sound of your bikes!
Sickened as well

Panama City, FL

#8 May 3, 2010
Thank God they left!! Now we can get some sleep around here. Nothing but thugs.
dogdog

Sugar Land, TX

#9 May 3, 2010
probably works at a C-store,I bet more money gets blasted into PC those few days than the kids will ever spend,if you dont like it you should be a cashier on up the road.
biker girl from Alabama

Auburn, AL

#10 May 3, 2010
I disagree with this statement...some of us that go to Thunder Beach bike week are not those people that are at the bars and leaving and driving around drunk. As for spring break AND the 4th of July people...the police are a LOT harder on the bikes for bike week rather than the spring breakers and 4th of July people that are completely out of control.Spring breakers and 4th people are Standing on top of cars, hanging out windows half or all naked. If you live in PC you should like the money that the bikers bring to your community and for as many bikes as are there there are not that many accidents. Just remember we all don't act like crazy bikers so don't judge everyone the same.
Worse than Spring Break wrote:
Why is it that people always complain about the Spring Breakers, yet say nothing about drunken rampaging bikers who come twice a year? You see bikes parked at bars all over the beach, do you mean to tell me that none of them are getting back on their bike and riding off? Also they put signs up everywhere "watch for bikers", how about a sign that says "biker obey traffic laws". You bikers out there are some of the rudest, most disgusting law violators I've ever seen. I am glad you all are all leaving today.
biker girl from Alabama

Auburn, AL

#11 May 3, 2010
As for the comment that we are Thugs you would be wrong as there are a LOT of professional men and women that ride bikes. Doctors,lawyers,etc that like to have some free time fun...bet you would not call them a thug if they were helping you out. I do agree with the comment that a biker is more likely to help than a motorist in a car. I also know first hand that people on a bike drive more safely that people in a car. I work for an insurance company and I see this first hand and and have Experienced this on my own from riding for 2 or more years that car's pay no attention to motorcycles as they pull out in front of you and change lanes like they are the only ones on the road. Trust me there are more car accidents than bike accidents and 1/2 of the accidents involving bikes are involving cars that did not see the bike. We are not Hell's Angels just because we ride a Harley.
Sickened as well

Panama City, FL

#12 May 3, 2010
I don't care what you all are, all I saw were rough looking, most of them ugly looking, mean thugs. You people dress the part, so don't act surprised when someone calls it like they see it. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, guess what lady...sometimes it's a duck. Why don't you keep all that trash in Alabama where it belongs!
Tired of the racket

Panama City, FL

#13 May 4, 2010
You know these people are right, you bikers could be a little more considerate, people do live here. My children couldn't sleep, and they had school the next day, but did you care hell no. All you wanted to do was run the roads, drink, do drugs, and have sex. Not everyone appreciates your alternative life style.
Pastor Biker

Morrisville, NC

#14 May 4, 2010
This was my first year to Thunder Beach bike rally in Panama City Beach. However, I have been going to biker events all over the country for many years. There are bad examples in every field, career, school, city, and church. You do not throw away the entire basket of fruit just because one piece is rotten. You do not assume all eating establishments are bad just because one is. You don't make the assumption that all people who ride motorcycles are thugs just because there are a few bad examples who act like idiots! There is good and bad and all of us have to make the choice as to which we will be a part of. I am a part of a group of bikers Chariots Of Fire which is a biker ministry from a church in North Carolina. We have raised more money for cancer patients, people needing lung and kidney transplants, helping people whose homes were destroyed by fire, and the list goes on. I have tattoos, I ride a harley as well as my wife and both my sons and over 40 of our church members. I try to respect everyones opinion and try to understand both sides of a story. This is not the first time I have been referred to as a thug, but so was Jesus and many good people who have made a world of good difference in other peoples lives. Me and all those who came to Panama City for Thunder enjoyed it greatly. The city and most of the people were kind and receptive. We will be back and plan to enjoy it again and again. Myrtle Beach tried to get rid of the bike rallies and now all those who were complaining are begging the bikers and their money to come back. If you are ever in North Carolina, we would welcome you all!
oil man

Mount Juliet, TN

#15 May 5, 2010
Well sickened and Sickened as well perhaps no one will show up to bother you now that the beach is about to get a lube job.
Get over yourself

Panama City, FL

#16 May 5, 2010
Pastor Biker wrote:
This was my first year to Thunder Beach bike rally in Panama City Beach. However, I have been going to biker events all over the country for many years. There are bad examples in every field, career, school, city, and church. You do not throw away the entire basket of fruit just because one piece is rotten. You do not assume all eating establishments are bad just because one is. You don't make the assumption that all people who ride motorcycles are thugs just because there are a few bad examples who act like idiots! There is good and bad and all of us have to make the choice as to which we will be a part of. I am a part of a group of bikers Chariots Of Fire which is a biker ministry from a church in North Carolina. We have raised more money for cancer patients, people needing lung and kidney transplants, helping people whose homes were destroyed by fire, and the list goes on. I have tattoos, I ride a harley as well as my wife and both my sons and over 40 of our church members. I try to respect everyones opinion and try to understand both sides of a story. This is not the first time I have been referred to as a thug, but so was Jesus and many good people who have made a world of good difference in other peoples lives. Me and all those who came to Panama City for Thunder enjoyed it greatly. The city and most of the people were kind and receptive. We will be back and plan to enjoy it again and again. Myrtle Beach tried to get rid of the bike rallies and now all those who were complaining are begging the bikers and their money to come back. If you are ever in North Carolina, we would welcome you all!
Before you start talking about Jesus, maybe you should take a look at what this verse right here says about your tattoos. Leviticus 19:28 King James Bible
"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

It also says to keep your body holy as it is the temple of the lord. I hope you aren't encouraging your church goers to get tattoos, or glorifying them to the young people you minister too.
Bogata

Panama City Beach, FL

#17 May 5, 2010
I like the bikers as people and glad they come to visit. But bikers I do think it is uncool to rev your bikes at all hours. Just too loud, over and over again. People do live on the beach. Just uncool.
mjyawn

United States

#18 May 6, 2010
Get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you start talking about Jesus, maybe you should take a look at what this verse right here says about your tattoos. Leviticus 19:28 King James Bible
"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."
It also says to keep your body holy as it is the temple of the lord. I hope you aren't encouraging your church goers to get tattoos, or glorifying them to the young people you minister too.
Humm did you read on down or put this in context?
He was warning against joining in pagan rituals the verse before the one you quoted says mot to cut the hair on your temples or to trim your beard.
Tell me do you follow them as close as the tattoos?

See we live under grace not law and let me remind you if you break one jot or tittle you break it all.
I am sure the work Jesus done on the cross and is doing now at the right hand of the father will cover any tattoo every inked.
Below is a command of how to treat a stranger in your land did you treat the bikers this way?

Lev 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
[Treasury of Scripture Knowledge][Concordance and Hebrew/Greek Lexicon][List Audio, Study Tools, Commentaries]
[Images and/or Maps][Versions/Translations][D ictionary Aids]
[Select for Copy; Double click to (de-)select all] Lev 19:34 [But] the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I [am] the LORD your God.
resident

Youngstown, FL

#19 May 7, 2010
As a resident, I see all these events annually, the bikers and the breakers only have 2 things in common...backing up traffic and dumping money into this area. The other things they do not share is the stupidity...bikers are a little loud yes, but far more welcome than a bunch of brats with mommy and daddys money and BMW in tow.

Bikers arent perfect by any means...i ACTUALLY HATE MOTORCYCLES...just far better than than the brats. The Harley sound is equal to USAF jets "sound of freedom". Brats with money are just that..THUGS who come here to shit where they eat...

After this years breakers display (shooting and constant fighting...) you can bet your bottom dollar it will return next spring...The Police, Sherriff, ATF, FHP, where so over whelmed this year it was like a damn third world country....I have been to many of those places and I was shocked to see first hand, all the crap being delivered...disgust doent even scratch the surface...

You dont see the beach law enforcement using the sub station during bike weeks to haul in biker idiots cause there isnt any.Only during the breakers BS do they have to use the patty wagon and the substation...YOU DECIDE BUT BIKERS ARE NO ISSUE TO ME..
resident

Panama City, FL

#20 May 8, 2010
Here is more that can possiblly aid in why SB Brats are worse than bikers...

posted in March...Im all for a good relaxing time at the beach. Spring break is historically been for students to catch a break from full time college where ever they attend (not sure when it began). What SB has evolved into since after the Ft. Lauderdale and Daytona days...is just an excuse to chase girls and boys via a drinking binge.(lauderdale and daytonA where about the same but lately this looks like sin city on steroids)...

Parents turn a blind eye to what their children do out of the house. I guess what Im saying is just what in the hell are we condoning here on PC beach?

Our law enforcement are working beyond capacity (80hrs per week or more). The area has come to rely on this time of year to finance their annual existance. Our politions also turn a blind eye to the growing problems that Lauderdale and Daytona witnessed and eliminated.

I guess what Im eluding to is; As supposed respectible, God fearing ADULTs, why are we supporting this colaboration of filth.

Students arent the problem, its the mindset of SB. Now that PC Beach has hosted BET and eliminated MTV..we have invited another demograph of THUGS who come here to get a shot at "hitting" a female student (preferablly a vulnerable teenager), no tot mention selling drugs, vandalizing hotel rooms and cars.

Congrats PC area..you are cultivating a stew of filth to finance your way of life here. "Lower taxes on locals" is the reasoning you tell us? I didnt move here for that...

I doubt you will ever cultivate this area as a family spot becase of the horrible decisin to invite thugs and felons from neighboring states... and guess what...as soon as this airport opens...you are gonna wish you lived elsewhere cause the increased filth is gonna be climbing the walls up and down this area...

Another note: I cant figure out why students are so stressed that they need a break to do dumb stuff here...you dont see Iraqi and Afghan vets returning from home and coming here to raise hell after they have endured life and death stress...so WTH is a student acting so dumb for? CAUSE OF THE MINDSET, Similar to Mardis gras parting before holy week...what a farce!!!

THANKS FOR SCREWING US LOCALS AND CONDONING THIS LIFE STYLE...MORONS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ebro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censorship! Can't post about Bill Buskell 17 hr Anonymous 6
swingers Tue jackscpl 4
Boycott Bill Buskell, owner of Pineapple Willy's Apr 21 Anonymous 1
Hotel Spa Apr 19 Mike Johnson 1
vacation rental homes Apr 19 frisky 1
Town Clerk- Shakayla Everette Apr 18 Shakayla Everette 1
The truth about Bill Buskell, owner of Pineappl... Apr 17 Anonymous 1

Ebro Jobs

Personal Finance

Ebro Mortgages