Bewildered

Kittanning, PA

#1 Jun 13, 2008
Here's another "moving to the area" question, whatever happened to using the C&I line to make the Rexis branch of the Ghost Town Trail a looping trail? Isn't that the point of the bypass over 422 in Belsano?
Colver Institute

Bradford, PA

#2 Jul 26, 2008
Not really. Train travel was point A to Point B. C&I connected New York Central to PRR. The CandI Trail will begin in Recloc at the PRR Junction, travel to Nanty Glo, Expidit, Belsano Junction (the over-pass), Edwards SawMill, Reagon's Junction (a switchback), and right to Colver and left towards Rexis.

B. Dawson Coleman of Lebanon and John Heisley Weaver of Williamsport were the industrailists who made this happen.

These rail lines are owned by the federal government. The Grahamn-Rudman Act of 1988, allows citizens to reclaim unsused federal property.

It still belongs to the government. Should rail travel ever restart, you will not be allowed to walk there.

The Rails-To-Trails Project is nation-wide. I agree, that a looping trail would be fine. So would a looping sled-ride or kyak trip.

I urge you to explore our history and the outdoors.

Many folk who use Ghost Town Trail from Ebensburg, leave a truck in Nanty Glo for their bikes (Its down hill to Nanty Glo).
Kona unit

Vintondale, PA

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Im from colver PA the bridge they have to work on is acually 2 bridges that are delapidated and I almost fell thru one of them they are in cardiff near twin rocks then they have some trail to clear i ride my quad,dirtbikes and mountain bikes out there all the time good spot to camp for bikepacking is mile marker 22 going towards ebensburg gotta cross the crick and there is a 15 foot deep swimming whole just a little tip

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ebensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walkney Presents A 'Big Time' at the Jaffa Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
martin oil fuel stop Mar '16 hillbilly32 1
Does anyone know Janelle Layne and the married ... (Oct '15) Mar '16 Robin 2
brother in prison in loretto (Feb '10) Feb '16 Phyllis 19
News Police: Nanty Glo man stabbed his grandmother w... (Jan '16) Jan '16 ANWERX 1
Help (Jan '16) Jan '16 Help 1
Looking for family (Jan '11) Oct '15 KathleenDC 7

Ebensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ebensburg Mortgages