should CCW holders be made public?

should CCW holders be made public?

Posted in the Eau Claire Forum

zipp

Salem, WI

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Im all for being safe, but I'm not so comfortable with this concept. Gun owners in and of themselves represent mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, and citizens. The undertone implication that they themselves are somehow complicit with violence, don't care about it, or are bad simply because of being gun owners troubles me. We have public notification for sex offenders, now do we believe that gun owners and ccw permit holders should be clumped together with them? Law abiding gun owners themselves who use hunting weapons or have guns for self-defense are not the issue.
repub ruler of the world

Eau Claire, WI

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Why would you make public a database,that any one can see, to tell you which people would be the easiest to take advantage of?
zipp

Salem, WI

#3 Jan 12, 2013
repub ruler of the world wrote:
Why would you make public a database,that any one can see, to tell you which people would be the easiest to take advantage of?
Yes. With the impetus to take measures and prevent further acts of carnage many have been searching for options to make the public safer. This was tried out east, when names and addresses of many ccw holders were published in a newspaper. Their thinking basically as I understand was that you should know if your neighbor has a gun, as this knowledge can make you safer ands perhaps allow to take actions to be safer.

What actions would this be? Is this like avoiding the leper at the end of the block?
zipp

Salem, WI

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Think of the implications. Do we want to create pariahs among us based on gun ownership? Like the neighbor family that has never been exposed to firearms and now wont allow their children to have contact with yours because your a gun owner. Or many other scenarios.
Way to smart for Zippy

Cadott, WI

#6 Saturday Jul 29
zipp wrote:
Think of the implications. Do we want to create pariahs among us based on gun ownership? Like the neighbor family that has never been exposed to firearms and now wont allow their children to have contact with yours because your a gun owner. Or many other scenarios.
This coming from a pile-o-shit who's Queen label's anyone who disagrees with her as a "deplorable". Self centered, greedy "little" pile of dog crap. Now Trump is guess what????? that's right you've got it, he's THE PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eau Claire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote For Donald Trump (Mar '16) 15 hr Too Much For you 12
Gone to the state forum to laugh Mon Fitzwalkerstan su... 40
State employees lazy to the bone (Jan '15) Mon Fitzwalkerstan su... 81
Will The fake president pardon himself? Aug 10 Fitzwalkerstan su... 9
Would you vote for Walker for Dog Catcher? (Sep '15) Aug 10 Fitzwalkerstan su... 4
Buyers Remorse? Tea baggers (Sep '15) Aug 10 Fitzwalkerstan su... 4
Scott Walker foreign policy expert (Aug '15) Aug 10 Fitzwalkerstan su... 11

Eau Claire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eau Claire Mortgages