Chippewa Falls man charged with assau...

Chippewa Falls man charged with assaulting five teen girls

There are 10 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Chippewa Falls man charged with assaulting five teen girls. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A 42-year-old Chippewa Falls man has been charged in Dunn County Court with 11 felony counts after authorities say he sexually assaulted five teenage girls.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

annomous

Osceola, WI

#1 Oct 19, 2010
yuck this creep is nasty!!!!!!!!!! i live in colfax when he did and its great that the loser got kicked out of our town and will be now facing prison time.. i hope he rots in there!!!!!!!!!!
Citizen

Sparta, WI

#2 Oct 19, 2010
He was impersonating a cop doing a cavety seach. What is the difference? assualt is assualt.
Patriot

AOL

#3 Oct 19, 2010
Citizen wrote:
He was impersonating a cop doing a cavety seach. What is the difference? assualt is assualt.
Rocky/jerryperson, what were you arrested for?
Bob

Hastings, MN

#4 Oct 19, 2010
Why did it take 10-12 years for some of these women to come forward about this alleged crime?

I'm not doubting that this guy is scum but come on already bringing up sex that happened back in 1999 or 2000 is a little strange.
also from colfax

United States

#5 Oct 19, 2010
I know this guy also and I know this happened because a lot of these girls are my friends. I knew this would happen someday. Too bad it took this long.
Anonomous

United States

#6 Oct 19, 2010
Bob wrote:
Why did it take 10-12 years for some of these women to come forward about this alleged crime?
I'm not doubting that this guy is scum but come on already bringing up sex that happened back in 1999 or 2000 is a little strange.
I am from colfax and i know this guy and he is the scum of the earth. So many girls reported it back then and the cops did nothing so the rest of the girls didn't even bother... now that he has finally been charged with something the rest of them should come forward....
Tucker Undermen

United States

#7 Oct 19, 2010
What's realy to bad is that the previous poster had knowledge of these assaults and chose to remain silent until now. This type of ambivalent behavior is was and continues to be the norm in that community.
Colfax seems to be a breeding ground for this type of individual, one only needs to look at its history to confirm this.
Fodness was a known deviant in the community. His residence was in plain site just off main street yet no one noticed the flow of minor females coming and going?
Perhaps more then just Mike Fodness is to blame for this. Perhaps after recent discoveries of trusted servents in the school systems shamefull acts of sexual violence against minors a presidence has been set and carried forth in this towns law enforcement.
Fodness will burn for this that is for sure but let the previous posters nonchalant attitude of prior knowledge of these crimes be a reminder that the only thing more frightening then the man commiting the crime is those who turn a blind eye to the crime itself. Shame on Colfax and its nepharious inhabitants. Corruption is its very foundation and ambivalence is its corner stone.
Deb Evans

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Nov 15, 2010
He was sent to River Falls WI. where he was housed in a group home and attended RF senior high school. He has been in trouble his entire life! And as much as I do not want to admit this....he and I dated on and off for four years. I am not shocked in the least to find this out about him. I was very young and VERY dumb when I gave this idiot chance after chance.
It was only a matter of time until something like this happened. Thank God no one had to die to get him locked up! No one ever knows what another is capeable of.
In Colfax

Richfield, WI

#12 Nov 16, 2010
I first saw this going on with Mike 21 years ago with a girl who was in 7th grade (and a girl in high school at the same time) and I was a girl (under 15) hanging around his house. There was alot of young girls back then, when he wasn't that old and so I think it wasn't taken that seriously for awhile. Parents did turn him in but young girls would lie and say they did not have sex with him, there were also other people that talk to police about him and nothing was done, not sure of the reasoning, maybe because there was no proof. Im sure alot of these girls were scared of what he would do after they seen him get a slap on the wrist the first time. Who wants to testify against someone that you are gonna have to live in the same town with after he spends a couple months in jail. Everybody in town knew what was going on, parents, police dept. school staff, along with the entire school population. He never really tried to keep it secret. Your right, Colfax should be ashamed of itself for allowing pedophiles to roam our town, everybody used to talk about our town Judge but no one ever did anything about it back then either! I noticed that we now have 2 cops patrolling our little town and I don't think thats gonna do much good if we dont start taking care of each other the way that a town like this should. This is OUR town, WE are the ones who live here and crap like this should not happen right under our noses anymore!
Colfax raised

United States

#15 Aug 29, 2012
Mike has been doing this since I was in 8th grade which has been over 22 years and YES The POLICE in colfax were told by EVERYONE not to mention if you went to the COLFAX FREE FAIR you would have witness him trolling for young girls with a group of at least 5 young girls following him around I witness this 20+ years ago with my girlfriend and him 20+ years later in a different town his name came up again with a very young family member of my new girlfriend I feel bad for the girls involved I wonder how many lives would be different if COLFAX LAW ENFORCEMENT would have done their job back in the early 90s I personally know of 4 girls who would have a different view on things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eau Claire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Clear Water Real Estate Ent (Jun '09) Nov 23 Happy Renter 10
Review: K-9 Bath Plus (Aug '12) Nov 21 Terri 3
Our *NEW* Group for NW Wisconsin Buy & Selling Nov 19 maxwell 1
Couple looking for fun!!! (Dec '10) Nov 17 Barnabas_28 3
News Young woman assaulted in Madison by man wearing... Nov 5 MAGA2016 1
News Presidential campaigns make last minute push in... Nov 4 MAGA2016 4
News Wisconsin top cop to dispatch election integrit... Nov 4 lucious from racine 2

Eau Claire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eau Claire Mortgages