Magna Powertrain
Magna Worker

Columbus, IN

#2579 Jul 5, 2012
Everyone must be on their best behavors. Magna is firing all kinds of people. Go figure they promoted the BIGGEST TROUBLE MAKER IN THE FACTORY to an office jobs, but then get rid of someone who comes to work everyday and does his job. On the other hand at least the trouble maker is in the office,and not on the floor!
haa haa haa

Delphi, IN

#2580 Jul 12, 2012
haa haa haa they finally got rid of the big mouth big shot and promoted his partner that big mouth gave up during the so called drive.KARMA rulez!
whatever happened to that hoe that was screwin her super , she strutted around that place like she was the queen of magna. she's probably runnin it by now haa haa haa. he was way to cute for that skank in this reporters opinion.
way to go magna your off to a good start haa haa haa.
Timber Wolf

Elkhart, IN

#2581 Aug 4, 2012
Magna Worker wrote:
Everyone must be on their best behavors. Magna is firing all kinds of people. Go figure they promoted the BIGGEST TROUBLE MAKER IN THE FACTORY to an office jobs, but then get rid of someone who comes to work everyday and does his job. On the other hand at least the trouble maker is in the office,and not on the floor!
I cannot agree more about that
Syracuse

Cicero, NY

#2582 Aug 27, 2012
Used to work at magna powertrain in Syracuse ny. It recently closed and some of the business went to your plant and Mexico. Was just curious as to how much you guys make an hour. We rejected several contracts for 16 dollars an hour. Was just curious as the working conditions. Thanks. Magna is frowned upon in this town! Good luck to all of you.
who cares

Indianapolis, IN

#2583 Aug 29, 2012
Syracuse wrote:
Used to work at magna powertrain in Syracuse ny. It recently closed and some of the business went to your plant and Mexico. Was just curious as to how much you guys make an hour. We rejected several contracts for 16 dollars an hour. Was just curious as the working conditions. Thanks. Magna is frowned upon in this town! Good luck to all of you.
operators here make just over $15hr & leads make almost $18hr as far as working conditions......they screw over who they want when they want. they kick the asses of people whose asses they should be kissing & vice versa. the plant itself is nice except the air quality sucks and they keep the doors closed all the time. the biggest problem here is management.
Timber Wolf

Elkhart, IN

#2584 Aug 29, 2012
yes...Management sucks as well as all of the butt kissing...its sad that $15 an hour is about the top pay here in Muncie. Hopefully the pay will still be better in Syracuse
Steve

Muncie, IN

#2585 Sep 10, 2012
Heard management has brought in undercover operation. Source claims new employe (Doug) will be targeting certain individuals for information.
lol

Mokena, IL

#2586 Sep 27, 2012
You guys are funny little people. Timber wolf that's funny put your name oh yeah that won't happen.
haha

United States

#2587 Sep 28, 2012
Are we alittle paranoid? Stop crying be glad you have a job and shut up. Life will be so much better for you if you stop worrying. I've been here for over 6 yrs seen alot of changes, but guess what I still have a job. I can still pay my bills and take care of my family and if this place packs up and leaves I'll find another job that's called life.
Mr Whited

Muncie, IN

#2588 Oct 4, 2012
I was asked by a co-worker tonight if I had been on Topix. My response was not in 3 years. So, I decided to check it out on my lunch. Low and behold, my name was mentioned associating me with the alias "shannon". What a laugh. If I was going to post, I sure as hell wouldn't make a mistake in mis-spelling "Peyton" as "Payton" when referring to Peyton Manning. Yes, this is Wes Whited. You can see me on 3rd shift in the Hub Cell if anybody wants to discuss further.
Shannon

Muncie, IN

#2589 Oct 9, 2012
Hmm, interesting conclusion by some very astute co-workers as to this authors identity. While I never been a fan of baseless rumors, I absolutely believe knowledge is very powerful and the truth should always be known. I do believe the time is approaching to dispel our employer’s fallacy in regards to bargaining in good faith. How can the many wonderful people, yes even the pump b***, deserve to be treated with dignity. Now fellow co-workers, that includes floor level salary until we vote for local and national representation, we will continue to see Magna destroy our lives.
Haha

Cicero, IL

#2590 Oct 10, 2012
Hey Shannon here's a easy way to end your problem. If Magna is destorying your life then quit! As far as a union that has sailed that will never happen so give it up........
Shannon

Muncie, IN

#2591 Oct 11, 2012
Sorry Haha but my leaving will not change the silent movement amongst our brothers and sisters. I am only part of a growing movement that wants equality in compensation and work life. While we have lingered in an extended in extended recession the movement has been hindered, now we have seen positive signs and growth nationally as well as locally. We simply can’t allow ourselves to continue on this downward economic spiral of what Magna calls a compensation package.
syracuse

Boston, MA

#2592 Nov 5, 2012
operators here make just over $15hr & leads make almost $18hr as far as working conditions......they screw over who they want when they want. they kick the asses of people whose asses they should be kissing & vice versa. the plant itself is nice except the air quality sucks and they keep the doors closed all the time. the biggest problem here is management.
Good luck to all of you. Many of us in syracuse received tuition assistance to go back for training in another occupation. From a former plant of magna's dont believe a thing they say. Take care of yourself first. Dont underestimate your abilities. We had nearly 4000 people working at the plant in syracuse. Now there is 30. Those who remain are just helping closing up shop. What a joke. Magna sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Muncie, IN

#2593 Dec 31, 2012
I've been at Magna for just under 6 months and I'm very proud to say that I work at a growing company that seems very focused at being one of the top manufacturer of the the auto industry. For what I can see, people are very pleasant to work with and around. I just hope that I have a future with this growing company. It's a lot worse at other places I have been. It's clean and and the work is very simple and very easy. I think the best way to get by for some of you that seem to have a bit of trouble with your coworkers could be to just quit trying to to worry about what they are doing and quit be jealous of the job they are doing and focus on your own task in front of you.
who cares

Bloomington, IN

#2594 Dec 31, 2012
newbie wrote:
I've been at Magna for just under 6 months and I'm very proud to say that I work at a growing company that seems very focused at being one of the top manufacturer of the the auto industry. For what I can see, people are very pleasant to work with and around. I just hope that I have a future with this growing company. It's a lot worse at other places I have been. It's clean and and the work is very simple and very easy. I think the best way to get by for some of you that seem to have a bit of trouble with your coworkers could be to just quit trying to to worry about what they are doing and quit be jealous of the job they are doing and focus on your own task in front of you.
Magna is a decent place to work but for those of us who have worked our tails off for these people we are still waiting on the company to man up and show us the better wages we were promised 7 years ago. We held up our end and helped them establish this place so now its their turn to hold up their end. After the loss of our decent insurance package they should certainly be able to afford it. Im guessing they will keep us down longer still and hire more people up front to do their jobs so they can sit around on their sorry a$$es and collect all the glory like Mr Brand is all to famous for doing.
former slave

Belvidere, IL

#2595 Jan 7, 2013
I worked at magna and found that it's a lot better anywhere else. They have all their pets and do mistreat the people. Your pay could be so much better, they are making money hand over fist and still screwing over the associates. Pay at most temp services start at over 10 an hour, so how is 15 so accepted as good wages? I know for a fact that at magna it's who you blow not who you know....look at steve and his babydoll
Union rep

Muncie, IN

#2596 Feb 11, 2013
Hey brothers and sister word of advice watch out for Magna company spy named Kenny.
Union Rocks

Dekalb, IL

#2597 Feb 12, 2013
Union rep wrote:
Hey brothers and sister word of advice watch out for Magna company spy named Kenny.
I was looking for a place to where I could fork over my hard earned money while the big business AKA Union, can blow that money to support a worthless president who also protects the lazy and fosters the do as little as you can mentality. Good reason why union is not here Reppy, the bulk of us know it is A JOKE AND WASTE.
Justwondering

Anderson, IN

#2598 Jul 22, 2015
Does Magna Powertrain do a hair follicle test to get a job?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eaton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Riley? Jun 18 Truchainz 5
Lindsey Bise May '16 Sallie Mae Rep 1
Mindy Castor May '16 MikeyReed 1
News Shull - Kelsey (Aug '14) Aug '14 Penelope 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Hoosier Hillbilly 92
News Shirley turns to state program to revive town (Jan '14) Jan '14 good rinse 1
News New Castle, Eaton nurses disciplined for drug-r... (Nov '11) Oct '13 Hewson 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eaton Mortgages